“Outstanding experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #58 of 169 hotels in Chicago
Evanston, Illinois
“Outstanding experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

My husband and I spent last weekend at the Swissotel. It was wonderful. The reception staff that greeted us was phenomenal. The room had an incredible view and it was impecable. Another plus is the location of the hotel - close to everything. We did not eat at The Palm (too pricey) but ordered room service for breakfast and they were timely and everything was delicious. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

2,105 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (328)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Memphis, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I stayed at the hotel on business after I had been at the jw Marriott for the weekend. I told the registration gal I had a terrible room at the Marriott over the weekend and she gave me a terrific large room, great bed and bathroom with a view of Navy Pier. I was very happy. Service was very good until I noticed several substandard violations.

I came back to my room while the cleaning staff was there. The nice gal asked to see my room key which impressed me however when I entered the coffee pot, glasses and coffee mug were in the bathroom sink together with water running on them. clean glasses were not on the cart in the hall. No soap was visible either. Needless to say I did not have anything to drink in the room after that.

While I was in the meeting area the water glasses were being put in the tables from racks that had been preloaded with glasses, ice and water. The wait staff reached in the racks and pulled the glasses out one by one by the rim while extra ice trickled to the bottom of the remaining stack of racks with glasses.

This was so unusual I took videos of this procedure and send a letter to the manager of the hotel with the video. I discussed both issues in my coorespondance and while I received a response from the hotel I don't believe my complaints were taken seriously by the tone of the reply which is unfortunate.

If you stay at this hotel, don't drink the water.

• Stayed September 2012
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

This is a gorgeous hotel, great room, views, and cute doorbell. But it was more of a convention hotel. We were NOT comfy in public areas due to masses of nametag wearing loud maniacs. He breakfast buffet was awesome and fresh but 25$??? Very expense account-ish. The views are stunning and its by Eggys(yummy)

• Stayed September 2012
Colonia,NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

The Swissotel in Chicago was a nice find. Plenty of good reviews on TA. Spent a 4 day weekend with my wife while visiting our son this past summer. The hotel has an excellent location and for a slight upgrade you can get a great room with a view of the river, the lake and the Navy Pier. The folks at the front desk were very nice and helpful with suggestions for any questions you may have. The hotel is very clean throughout and the rooms are comfortable ad well kept. Highly recommend this hotel and look forward to our next stay at the Swissotel in Chicago.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Shaker Heights, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Was in Chicago for 2 days for a convention. Got a nice rate and the hotel was on the convention bus route.
Modern hotel that has everything going for it except for the little surcharges, like $10 for internet and $10 for the fitness center.
I would give 5 stars if these were complimentary, as they should be.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
NYC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013 via mobile

Last time I stayed at the Swissotel in Chicago, the ambiance was European -- big fluffy quilts, bar scene, warm and woody, slightly formal, but very efficient and service oriented. Since then, the hotel has been revamped in a more modern vibe, with new furniture, younger staff (still very nice and helpful), an updated gym and pool and very fast new elevators. For my quick two night business trip it was fine. But since they were upgrading, I wish they had built coffee bar in the lobby and that the gym had some mats and free weights. And, while my bedding was fine, the mattress needs an upgrade. The bathroom is still huge and nicely laid out and my room was cleaned on time. The breakfast buffet is fast and the food is well prepared. (For a pricier meal, but terrific steak, go to The Palm, off the lobby) The concourse level meets up with the underground pedway, which allows you to walk indoors and avoid the Chicago cold and wind. So, all in all, a good place to stay in a convenient location, but without that special something that used to make this place a draw for me. In the future, I'll continue to book it, but if I can't get it, I'll move on without being disappointed.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Austin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Stayed at the Swiss for business and extended the trip to Chicago for the weekend with the wife.The carage and valley service worked well and access by car was simple and easy.The hotel has a good location and great views. The staff was very helpfull, especcially when we lost our keycard.

Robert

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Swissotel Chicago? Share your experiences!