“Best Hotel In Chicago” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Blake Chicago

You added Hotel Blake Chicago to your Saves list
Hotel Blake Chicago
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   500 S Dearborn Street, Chicago, IL 60605 (Formerly Wyndham Blake Chicago) (Downtown / The Loop)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #61 of 177 Hotels in Chicago
Nashville, Tennessee
“Best Hotel In Chicago”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I was in town for a bachelor party. All of the other guys were staying with family, so I had to get a hotel for myself. I chose the Blake based on location and price. Everything went very smooth. The layout is simple. The location is great. Kasey's Tavern is just down the street. Street noise on 6th floor was a little noisy, but to be expected. All in all I really enjoyed everything about this place. Keep it up Hotel Blake!!! You set the standard for a good experience.

Room Tip: Get the highest floor possible.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
Michael D, General Manager at Hotel Blake Chicago, responded to this review, 5 days ago
That is quite the compliment! Thank you for choosing the Hotel Blake. I am glad you enjoyed the location and Kasey's Tavern! Come back soon!

Michael.Ditterline@bluegreenvacations.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
  • Turkish first
Lansing, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The folks who work at this hotel are friendly and eager to help out. The guy who impressed me the most was named Showtime (for GOOD reason!). He got a whole car full of baggage up to my room in one trip and helped immensely with directions to venues and area knowledge. He also personally brought up a hand held GPS unit that had accidentally fallen out of my pocket! GREAT PLACE!
As for the room… the bed was awesome to sleep on!

Room Tip: I was up on the 9th floor, so traffic noise on Dearborn was FAR away
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to review! I am so glad you had a a wonderful time and enjoyed Showtime. He has great recommendations and is always so helpful. Please come back and stay with us soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I had a wonderful experience at the Hotel Blake. The staff was the best, they helped me plan a magnificent evening with my wife on our anniversary. The rooms are very nice, they were spacious and clean, and the showers was spa like. If u need help with anything in town ask Showtime, he can take care of transportation needs and dinner reservations. I will definitely stay there again.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
I am glad that you chose to celebrate your anniversary with us here at the Hotel Blake! Showtime always has the best suggestions and definitely knows his way around town. We hope that you come back for more celebrations!

Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My husband and I are Bluegreen owners and used our points to stay at this hotel. We were very pleased with our stay. We arrived in the pouring rain and the doorman immediately grabbed towels for us before we checked in. Care has obviously been taken to update the interior of the hotel, which was nice. The bathroom and bedroom were both spacious. We could hear one of our neighbors from the hallway, but as soon as we entered our room, we could no longer hear them. I loved that! My biggest complaint about hotels is thin walls and noisy neighbors. This hotel was definitely quiet. When my husband and I were checking out, the front desk associate gave us a recommendation on where to get on the El to head to Midway. We took his advice and it worked out well. The wifi was a bit slow, but I did like that it was free.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I am glad you enjoyed the updates and our friendly staff! We hope to have you back with us soon!

Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This location is great for Chicago. A couple of block from the lake and easy access to everything. The room we got was an upgrade and was very spacious, facing the front of the building on the 4th floor.
No room service or breakfast. The adjacent cafe Meli is where you can buy your breakfast or dine. A bit pricey, good food.
The front desk staff was very good and helpful with all sorts of suggestions for dinner, shows, jazz! Great folks!
There is a Cuban Cafecito cafe a block away, very simple, full of students from the hostel, very good food! very affordable

Room Tip: Ask for front room, high floor. It will cost you.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Michael D, General Manager at Hotel Blake Chicago, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Swimmer777,

Thank you for taking the time to review. I am glad you enjoyed the location and the front desk staff. I apologize for the miscommunication regarding room service, but we do offer room service for breakfast, lunch and dinner through Meli Cafe. We hope to have you back again with us soon!

Madison, WI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The reception at the Hotel Blake in Chicago was quite friendly and courteous. I'm not sure if it was engineered specifically, but the two young ladies working the front desk had a great collegial relationship and treated us more like old friends than new customers. It was great to find that balance between personal and professional rapport that makes you feel comfortable without feeling compromised. Whatever it is, they happened to ind it. Thanks Caitlyn!

The room was much larger than I had expected. The only real complaint was that there was so much room, that a couch or an additional chair would have been very welcome to fill some of the space and to provide somewhere for another person to sit (if not at the desk chair). The view was of a lovely brick wall, but it was a rainy weekend anyhow and I have to say that not having a view of the street cut down on the street noise a lot.

As you can see from the pictures the room was nicely finished, clean, comfortable. The amusing part about the photos you'll see is that the bed looks like it's a queen or double, when it's actually a king size - the room was that large.

Everything in the room was in good repair and worked properly, but if I had one complaint about the room, the electrical outlets were a little sparse. I managed to find an open one behind the TV and my traveling companion had to change a mobile phone while it was laying on the floor because the outlet was too far from the bedside table.

All in all, good location - 1.5-2 blocks from 3 different "L" stations, walking distance to good restaurants - but do avoid Meli which is adjoined to the hotel, I've written a separate review on this place, not worth it even if it is convenient.

Just a note - the WiFi was slow enough that we ended up using Cellular data instead of waiting.

Room Tip: The superior king has enough room for a small circus, but the view isn't great.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such an wonderful review! I am so pleased that you enjoyed your experience with Caitlyn! She is a wonderful front desk agent. Your feedback is very valuable to us and future guests. I am glad you enjoyed the location and the rooms! We can't wait to have you back in the future!

Kitchener, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed at the Hotel Blake this past weekend and would highly recommend this hotel. The Service was top notch, the room was huge, and the view was awesome. We woke up looking at the Gargoyles protecting the Chicago library. How cool is that? The location is also great. Walking distance to great shopping, the lakeshore, the bean etc. Buses or taxis readily available to take you to different parts of the city. Great place to stay when you are in the Windy City

Room Tip: Higher floors facing the Dearborn have a great view, however, you do hear the traffic
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review. I am so glad that you enjoyed the location and the beautiful library across the street! Thank you for the staff compliments, I will let them know what a fantastic job they are doing. We can't wait to have you back!

Michael.Ditterline@bluegreenvacations.com

Been to Hotel Blake Chicago? Share your experiences!