“"Great hotel, great staff!"” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Blake Chicago

You added Hotel Blake Chicago to your Saves list
Hotel Blake Chicago
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   500 S Dearborn Street, Chicago, IL 60605 (Formerly Wyndham Blake Chicago) (The Loop)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #62 of 174 Hotels in Chicago
Detroit
“"Great hotel, great staff!"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

My wife and daughter just got back form a three night stay at the Hotel Blake, and they loved it. They thought that the room was very comfortable and clean,and the hotel was very convienently located, especially in terms of eating eastablishments. But they really raved about the staff. They were very friendly, professional, and most of all, helpful. When I saked them if they would stay there again, they both answered with a resounding "Yes!"

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thomas B, General Manager at Hotel Blake Chicago, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Thank you for sharing your wonderful stay with us at the Hotel Blake Chicago. I am pleased to learn that your family enjoyed their time at our hotel with special notice of our spacious rooms and convenient location. Our staff is glad that they could assist you with your needs during your experience. We value your feedback and look forward to your next stay with us again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
  • Turkish first
Waterloo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

I recently stayed at the Hotel Blake for 2 nights for my first time in Chicago. It was an excellent stay. The staff at Hotel Blake were awesome, providing professional and friendly service that really made my stay worthwhile. The doorman, Showtime, was extremely helpful with finding entertainment at night. The rest of the staff that helped me, including Michael, Rachel, Lisa and Dan, were also awesome.

The rooms were quite large and spacious, with vaulted ceilings and huge bathrooms. Definitely excellent value for the price. The room was clean and comfortable. A minibar would've been nice.

The location was great, close to everything you would need in downtown Chicago. Be sure to check out the restaurant attached to the hotel, Cafe meli. The food and service there was excellent as well.

I had a great time at the Blake and I would definitely stay there again or recommend it to others.

Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Thomas B, General Manager at Hotel Blake Chicago, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Hotel Blake Chicago. I am pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay with special notice of our friendly staff, spacious rooms, and convenient location. We will take your suggestion of a minibar in the rooms into consideration for future renovations. We value your feedback and look forward to your next stay!
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

We had a great three day stay at the Hotel Blake in March and were so pleased with our choice. Our room was more than ample size for the four of us and all of our "stuff". The Hotel was elegant and clean and the service was outstanding. We stayed at the hotel to eat breakfast each day because we so enjoyed the food and service. But when eating out, there was a well known deep dish pizza place right across the street and a Starbucks and Panera Bread right around the corner when we needed them. The Hotel is located centrally to many attractions and to bus routes. We plan on staying there again the next time we go!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Thomas B, General Manager at Hotel Blake Chicago, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Thank you for sharing your stay with us at the Hotel Blake Chicago. I am happy to hear that you and your friends enjoyed your experience with our spacious rooms and convenient location. We are especially pleased that you have chosen our property for your next visit as well. We value your feedback and look forward to your next trip!
Lansing, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

The hotel is beautiful and reminded me a lot of being in New York. The rooms were clean and the bed was comfortable. I would recommend this hotel again and again. The doorman Showtime was extremely funny and was a wealth of knowledge. He walked us to a jazz club that was right around the corner. I was surprised to get that kind of first class treatment in such a big city.

Room Tip: I love the busy sounds. If you prefer quiet please ask for a room not facing the street.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your stay with us at the Hotel Blake Chicago. I am thrilled to hear that our staff could go above and beyond to make your experience exceptional. We appreciate your kind feedback of our hotel and look forward to your next visit in the near future.
Champaign, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

My stay at the Hotel Blake provided just the respite needed during a stop-over traveling cross-country. The location in Chicago's South Loop is a $5. cab ride (or one subway stop on the Blue Line with 5 min. walking on each end) from the Amtrak/Union Station. Curbside doorman/bellhop service, pleasant and efficient desk staff, lovely lobby, and what a wonderful oversized room and bath! Standard in-room coffee set up but no breakfast or in room fridge that even the upscale "Ascend" boutique hotels in the Choice hotels collection sometimes offer. My king-bedded room's bath had two sinks and an oversized walk in shower--no tub. Probably not so good for families with young children but great for adult business travelers and tourists looking for comfort at a reasonable price (I paid ca. $100 advance purchase rate with Choice Hotels membership) planning to take all meals out (there is an in house restaurant, I think. I had to arrive late and leave early so could not check it out).

Room Tip: My room on the 5th floor, by request far from the elevator, was very quiet even though it overlooked...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us at the Hotel Blake Chicago. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at our property. We are happy that you found our location convenient to transportation and our staff to be helpful during your stay. We do hope you get a chance to try our restaurant, Meli Cafe, on your next stay. We appreciate your kind review and look forward to your next trip.
Overland Park, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

I recently stayed at Hotel Blake when I was in Chicago with a friend. I had run into an initial issue when trying to get a discount. This hotel used to be part of the Wyndham Group but recently broke away from that company. I had a discount for the old ownership and one of the managers of the hotel gladly gave me a discount and said he would personally make sure I was treated well while there. He was apologetic about the confusion and very quick to respond to me.

When we arrived at the hotel, we were given vouchers for breakfast each morning of our stay and a free drink at the bar. The Meli Cafe, attached to the hotel, was delicious! Wonderful breakfast and even though our voucher had a limited menu, it had plenty of options to be worth it!

The staff at the hotel was very helpful and the location was perfect. It was enough away from the busy part of the city to be quiet, but still very close to the Sear's Tower, and shopping. The rooms were nicely updated and we had a HUGE window with a great view of the city.

We had originally chosen Hotel Blake because we wanted a nice place in the city that was affordable. This was a perfect choice for that and I will definitely be staying there in the future when visiting Chicago.

Room Tip: Make sure you don't get a handicap room because the water from the shower will get all over the...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for sharing your feedback of the Hotel Blake Chicago. I am pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay at our property. We are glad that you could experience our new restaurant, Meli Cafe, on your trip. We are also happy that you found our location to be convenient and our rooms to be spacious. I appreciate your feedback of your stay and look forward to your next visit to the Windy City!
Peoria, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

We have being staying at the Blake for years. Only once have we had to stay somewhere else and man I didnt like it. Tom B, the manager, has been very helpful to us. I was even god (guest of the day) once. Great and comfy rooms, polite housekeeping and the front desk staff. Showtime, the bellman, goes out of his way to help in anyway he can. He always makes me laugh. We promise we will only stay with you!!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Thomas B, General Manager at Hotel Blake Chicago, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Thank you for sharing your comments in regards to your recent stay at the Hotel Blake Chicago. I am very pleased to learn that our property is your hotel of choice when you visit the Windy City. I am also glad that I could provide assistance to you during your stay, and that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful. We value your business and look forward to your next stay in the near future.

Been to Hotel Blake Chicago? Share your experiences!