“Fantastic” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Blake Chicago

You added Hotel Blake Chicago to your Saves list
Hotel Blake Chicago
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   500 S Dearborn Street, Chicago, IL 60605 (Formerly Wyndham Blake Chicago) (The Loop)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #62 of 174 Hotels in Chicago
Cincinnati
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Wyndam Blake Chicago was fantastic! Right when we pulled in front Showtime (Greg) was amazing and helped with our bags! We literally pulled up and he came out the door waving! The room was a great size and clean. Shower was amazing and the bed was so extremely comfortable we didn't want to leave (or get out of the bed each day!). The location was right in the middle of what we needed. We walked to Navy Pier while stopping at shops and were able to walk to Columbia College Chicago very easily.

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Vee J, Director of Sales at Hotel Blake Chicago, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience at the Wyndham Blake Chicago! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay due to our friendly staff, spacious rooms, and location within close proximity to attractions and shopping. Be sure to “like” us on Facebook to learn about upcoming specials and promotions. We value your business and look forward to your next stay!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
  • Turkish first
Indianapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

My daughter wanted to go to Chicago for her 12th birthday. My husband has never been to Chicago before so I wanted to stay at a nice hotel. I spent many hours reserching hotels and found the reviews of this hotel to be good. It is a very good location at a good price. I was impressed from the moment we pulled in to valet park the car. The bell staff was great. The front desk was very frendly and helpful. The housekeeping staff in the hallways always spoke to us. The room was spotless. The public areas were very clean. The maintence staff must be doing their job because there were no problems for me to report. You can tell that they take pride in their hotel. I will definately stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Thank you for sharing your wonderful stay at the Wyndham Blake Chicago! I am thrilled to hear that we could be a memorable aspect of your trip to Chicago for your daughter’s birthday. I have passed along your comments to our staff and they were happy that they could make your stay more enjoyable. Be sure to “like” us on Facebook to learn about upcoming specials and promotions. We value your feedback and look forward to your next stay.
Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

My husband and I spent a brrrr cold weekend in Chicago to do a little sightseeing down by Shedd and the Field Museum so we wanted something close. The Wyndham was very convenient and very reasonably priced. The staff were awesome, particularly the parking attendants. I highly recommend buying the package that includes valet parking because Chicago downtown parking is a small mortgage payment in itself. The rooms were comfortable and quiet and well appointed, and not super small like other Big City hotels. We didn't use the bar and the leased restaurant had unexpectedly closed but the hotel had arranged for discounts at local restaurants within walking distance. Blackie's had a particularly good breakfast and we're thankful for the hotel's recommendations. I would ABSOLUTELY stay there again and gladly recommend this hotel to anybody needing downtown Chicago accommodation.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience at the Wyndham Blake Chicago! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with our convenient location, friendly staff, and comfortable rooms. We are also pleased that you took advantage of our Park and Play Package during your trip. I hope you get a chance to stop by our new restaurant when it reopens on your next stay. We are very excited for the new menu! Be sure to “like” us on Facebook to learn about upcoming specials and promotions. Thank you again for sharing your experience. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Rochester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I came across this hotel online while I was booking our tickets with Amtrak for our trip to Chicago. The price was right vs other hotels in the area I was looking at.

Our room was very clean when we arrived. Was impressed when I saw they offer breakfast there, and looking forward of having breakfast there than having to find a place near by for it.

The first night, it was kinda hard for us to sleep, we were on 2nd floor, and was close to the street level, and the noise from the street was bothering some for us try to sleep.

Next morning, we headed down for breakfast, and asked the front desk where it was, and we had to pay $9. I was taken back that we had to pay for continental breakfast.. Most place we've stayed at were free. Figured, no big deal will do it anyway. I was pretty dissapointed on what was offered for it.. I felt it wasn't worth $9 for what was there. (Juice, coffee pastry, fruit, and hot oat meal) after this, we just went else where for breakfast that was worth $9.

The room temp was comfy most part, however, the next evening it got VERY warm in there. I lowered the t-stat that afternoon since it was warmer than I'd like it, and didn't noticed the stat went to "Cool mode" setting, so the stat was trying to "Cool" the room, but it can't since the pipes feeding the air handler was hot water, not chilled. Wish the stat had a "Heat/Cool mode switch". We went out to eat, and we came back, it was 85˚, so I end up turning if off, and the room cool down on it's own. It did cool down pretty fast since the window was pretty drafty.. Looks like they tried to fix the leak with duct tape!

When returned back to our room the next day around 4:30, the cleaning lady had the TV on watching daytime TV, as we walked in, she quickly went back to cleaning. I was kinda shocked that room cleaning was being that late in the day and watching TV... But she did finish her job.

The shower was a good drenching shower! However, the shower curtain always blew into the tub due and "attack us" so I end up leaving it open.

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Vee J, Director of Sales at Hotel Blake Chicago, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel. Your feedback is important to us in order to ensure that we maintain high quality service and accommodations for our guests. I am happy to hear that you found our hotel of value and enjoyed our clean rooms during your stay. On your next visit, be sure to request a room on a higher floor for a quieter night. We are proud to announce a new restaurant in the works which we hope to be open by April. We are very excited for the new menu and hope you come back again to give it a chance. I have passed along your comments in regards to the issues endured with the thermostat in your room to Engineering to ensure this will no longer be a concern with future guests. I have also informed our General Manager, Tom Bruno, of your feedback. We would appreciate it if you would contact him at (312) 986-1234 so that we can address your other issues in further detail. We value your business and hope you give us another chance to show you the best we have to offer.

Been to Hotel Blake Chicago? Share your experiences!