“Rooms clean, but very disappointed about the breakfast and FRIGID lobby and restaurant” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Blake Chicago

You added Hotel Blake Chicago to your Saves list
Hotel Blake Chicago
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   500 S Dearborn Street, Chicago, IL 60605 (Formerly Wyndham Blake Chicago) (The Loop)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #61 of 174 Hotels in Chicago
Rockford, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

The staff is very nice and helpful. Our room was clean and nice. BUT, the restaurant is closed, so there's no room service.

They offered a continental breakfast, but the whole time I was there, there was no heat in the lobby or in the breakfast area (and it is January and very cold outside).

I tried to get the continental breakfast, but I didn't see a coffee cup or a coffee pot. There was no bread available, no hot water to put on the instant oatmeal. It was SO cold I had to leave and run next door to Potbelly, where I could have a hot cup of coffee and something hot to eat.

All around, just very odd.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Vee J, Director of Sales at Hotel Blake Chicago, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel. I am happy to hear that our staff was friendly, and that you enjoyed your stay in our spacious rooms. I apologize for the experience you endured with our restaurant. We are proud to announce a new restaurant in the works which we hope to be open by April. We are very excited for the new menu and hope you come back again to give it a chance. You will be happy to know that I have passed along your comments to our General Manager, and we will take your feedback into consideration for the future restaurant plans. We value your business and hope you give us another chance to show you the best we have to offer.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We have stayed here twice (both times during the Christmas season) and really loved it! Great location, spacious rooms, and friendly staff. This is our "go-to" hotel in downtown Chicago. Also a Flacos Tacos location nearby ... check it out.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Vee J, Director of Sales at Hotel Blake Chicago, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Wyndham Blake Chicago. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with our friendly staff, spacious rooms, and location within close proximity to attractions throughout Chicago. Be sure to “like” us on Facebook to learn about upcoming specials and promotions. Thank you again for sharing your feedback. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed here for a business trip- it was closely located to the University where we were attending a conference. The hotel is located by lots of restaurants and was nice- I had an extra large room compared to my co-workers even though we all had the same rate. The breakfast included was nice and you are able to upgrade the items for an additional fee. The room was beautiful but right on the street which was very loud. I would stay there again for buisiness!

Room Tip: They will provide fridges if you need the freezer.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your wonderful review of the Wyndham Blake Chicago! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our spacious rooms, continental breakfast, and location within close proximity to your conference and restaurants. On your next visit, be sure to request a room on a higher floor to ensure a quiet experience. We value your business and look forward to your next stay with us again soon!
Antioch, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I arrived on Monday 1-14 and stayed til Thursday 1-17. I was greeted by Showtime! He is indeed worthy of his fan base. I checked in at 9:00a they had the room ready the staff made for a smooth check in. I headed to my room on the 9th floor. I entered my room and started to un-pack. I work in I.T. so the first thing was to un-pack was the Laptop and outlet strip. Then I connected to the hotels wi-fi. Easy to connect, but very weak signal. I did a signal scan get a lower floor if you want to wifi. I just switched over to my modem. The room was very clean. I saw the shower head it is the size of a dinner plate and has limited access as one reviewer also mentioned you go through many water temps while adjusting it to your comfort. I'm a not under the sheet sleeper. I pull the bedding and loosen it up. Thats when the comforter and I had a issue. That thing had enough of a static charge to power Chicago. I hit it with some anti-static spray. Hotel could use some humidity added to their climate control. The climate control temp wise kept the room very comfortable.The room was very noise free. I'm a smoker so I would wake around 6:00a go down to have a smoke. Taxi's buzz the place like hornets. Bus and CTA rail are within a short walk. The area residents are very friendly. The hotel has a $9 continental breakfast upgrade...If your into grains and fruit it works. I did eat there on my last day, they could add a waffle maker. There is a Potbelly next door that advertises opening at 6:30a but did not on tuesday morning so I wrote it off for breakfast. There is a Starbucks across the street. There are places to get good old bacon and eggs close by! The hotel needs some tweaks here and there to compete with other hotels in Chicago in there price range that I have stayed at. They have a great staff #1 is indeed Showtime!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Vee J, Director of Sales at Hotel Blake Chicago, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Thank you for sharing your feedback of your stay. Your feedback is important to us in order to ensure that we maintain high quality service and accommodations for our guests. You will be pleased to hear that we will take your feedback into consideration for future renovations throughout the hotel. We strive to meet the needs of our travelers and are sorry that we could not exceed your expectations during your stay. I have passed your comments along to our General Manager, Tom Bruno. We would appreciate it if you would contact him at (312) 986-1234 so that we can address your issues in further detail. We value your feedback and hope that you give us another chance to show you the best we have to offer.
GREENVILLE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Th.e location and price worked very well.

Special thanks to Vee Jones for all her help in setting up the room Block.

Front desk representative Barbara was extremely helpful.

Doorman "Show Time" is an amaizing asset your hotel. He was always pleasant and very helpful.

Only dissapointment waos the fact that the previous restaurant connected to the hotel was closed.

I will conside staying at the Wyndham Blake the next time opputunity arises.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Vee J, Director of Sales at Hotel Blake Chicago, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our location and friendly service during your stay. Your feedback is important to us in order to ensure that we maintain high quality service and accommodations for our guests. While we are currently in between restaurants, I would like to you know that we are very excited for opportunities in the near future. We value your feedback and look forward to your next stay.

Been to Hotel Blake Chicago? Share your experiences!