“Great location, great service, great stay!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Blake Chicago

Save Saved
You added Hotel Blake Chicago to your Saves list
Hotel Blake Chicago
3.5 of 5 Motel   |   500 S Dearborn Street, Chicago, IL 60605 (Formerly Wyndham Blake Chicago) (The Loop)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #66 of 168 hotels in Chicago
PROVIDENCE
“Great location, great service, great stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

I stayed here for one night because it was close to a friend's apartment in the south loop section of Chicago. I was able to take the subway, right from O'Hare airport, and get off 2 short blocks from the hotel.

Despite arriving early (about 10am) the very friendly woman at the desk checked me right in and i was sent up to my room on the 9th floor. Room looked very new with 2 queen beds (as requested) a nice flat screen tv and a beautiful marble bath with rainfall shower. The shower was really phenomenal!

The hotel no longer has a restaurant, but they do set-up a bar for cocktail service in the evenings. The doorman "Show Time" was also fabulous and had lots of "special deals" for local restaurants and nightlife, including Lou Manatti's (the famous pizza place) which has a location very close by. There are also many bars, restaurants, shops, pahramcies and nail/hair salons, in the immediate area, which is nice.

The only negative was that our room had no view... another building was right next door, but for the low AAA price i got online for the room, we didn't mind at all... All in all, a great stay! I will be back...

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Vee J, Director of Sales at Hotel Blake Chicago, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Wyndham Blake Chicago. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay due to our spacious rooms, friendly service, and location within close proximity to your friend in the South Loop. While we are currently in between restaurants, I would like to you know that we are very excited for opportunities in the near future. I am pleased to hear that you took advantage of Bar Blake during your stay. Be sure to “like” us on Facebook to learn about upcoming specials and promotions. Thank you again for your feedback. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

1,215 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Turkish first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

This hotel clearly is in an excellent location. The good: I found the staff to all be extremely friendly and helpful. The hotel is quite charming and doesn't have the 'chain' feel. The room was generally comfortable and the renovated bathroom was quite nice. The not so great: The Wyndham website shows that this property has a restaurant on-site, which I value when I have a late arrival. Not so -- it apparently closed, and hopefully will reopen. I was provided menus by the front desk to order in. The bed was not very comfortable. My biggest gripe: the stairs I had to climb with my bags to get to and from my room. The value was strong for the location, but when I travel, I much prefer a truly full service property.

Room Tip: Make certain when you check in that you don't allow them to give you a room where you have to cl...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Vee J, Director of Sales at Hotel Blake Chicago, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Thank you for sharing your review of the hotel. We are pleased to hear that our staff and rooms could be an enjoyable aspect of your stay. I do apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay. While we are currently in between restaurants, I would like to you know that we are very excited for opportunities in the near future. I am pleased to hear that our staff could provide alternative options in the interim. I would also like to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced taking your luggage up and down the stairs. Our building is made up of several different buildings beginning with the historic Morton Building in which there are two levels on a couple of the floors in the hotel. Our bellmen are more than happy to assist your with your luggage upon request. Thank you again for sharing your feedback. We value your business and hope you give us another chance to show you the best we have to offer.
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

This hotel is great! This hotel is centrally located and within walking distance of the metro and sights of Chicago.

The room was spacious, clean and well appointed with modern decor. The bathroom was clean and the shower, simply amazing, great water pressure. The bed was very comfortable and provided a great nights sleep. Did not have a great view from the room, facing a lane way, but that didn't matter.

As mentioned by other reviewers, the hotel does not have an onsite restaurant which limited the availability of in room food options, however there are a few restaurants within walking distance.

The staff at the hotel are very friendly and concierge was extremely knowledgeable about the area. Overall, this hotel offers a solid product at a great rate.

Would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Vee J, Director of Sales at Hotel Blake Chicago, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience at the Wyndham Blake Chicago! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed a memorable stay at our hotel with our friendly staff, spacious rooms, comfortable beds, and location within close proximity to transportation and attractions in Chicago. On your next stay, be sure to request a room with a view to see some of the sights around the city. While we are currently in between restaurants, I would like to let you know that we are very excited for opportunities in the near future. I am pleased to hear that you were able to find restaurants in the area in the interim. We value your business and look forward to your next stay with us again in Chicago!
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Our stay at the Wyndham Blake was everything we could have wanted! The concierge was very friendly and helpful. He assisted us with our bags, gave us excellent directions, and offered great suggestions for meals and entertainment. We also were provided meal coupons and discounts at some Chicago attractions just by talking with the concierge. The hotel lobby and rooms are beautiful! We could not have been happier with our stay!

Room Tip: We stayed on the 10th floor. This offered a great view.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Vee J, Director of Sales at Hotel Blake Chicago, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Thank you for sharing your wonderful stay at the Wyndham Blake Chicago! I am pleased that you enjoyed an excellent experience at our hotel with our friendly staff that could go above and beyond to make your trip more enjoyable. Be sure to “like” us on Facebook to learn about upcoming specials and promotions. We value your business and look forward to your next stay soon.
Melbourne Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Our first visit to Chicago very happy have had a great time
Excellent location walk or short cab ride
Lovely room very comfy bed
Very friendly helpful staff at front desk and Showtime so friendly and helpful at front door
Wi certainly recommend abc would stay again
Thanks
Geoff & Deb from Oz

• Stayed January 2013
Vee J, Director of Sales at Hotel Blake Chicago, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Thank you for sharing your stay at the Wyndham Blake Chicago. The staff and I are happy that we could be a memorable aspect of your first trip to Chicago! We are pleased that our friendly staff (especially Showtime), deluxe amenities, comfortable rooms, and location within close proximity to attractions made your stay more enjoyable. We value your business and look forward to seeing you again soon!
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

ITS SHOWTIME! Walking into the lobby we were introduced to a very friendly bellhop named showtime. He helped my fiancee with her bags and gave us tips on the hot spots in the area and provided us with complimentary alcohol vouchers. Before leaving for a pub downtown we stopped to use them at the hotel bar. the hotel bar is located in the lobby and we ended up having such a great time with the bartender, showtime and even the manager behind the bar we ended up spending the night in the lobby. A great experience, and this is now my go to hotel when I'm Chicago.

Room Tip: Parking is $27
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your wonderful stay experience at the Wyndham Blake Chicago! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed a memorable trip in Chicago at our hotel. I have passed your comments along to Showtime and he was glad that he could make your stay enjoyable. Be sure to “like” us on Facebook to learn about upcoming specials and promotions. Again, thank you for sharing your feedback. We look forward to your next stay with us again soon!
MARENGO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

We stayed here for new years eve. I have no complaints for the room except for the window. On the window there were very noticeable oily handprints. We opened the curtains and were greeted with that, which was kind of gross. Aside from that, the room was very clean. The only other thing I was disappointed with was the lack of food. We wanted to just stay there for the night but we had to go out for food. The front desk clerk said the hotel didn't re up the lease. Any kind of dine-in food would have been great. Also lastly is the fact that the only ice machine was on top floor. Going up there was a pain, should really consider putting ice machines on every floor. Well enough of the bad. We loved the look of the room. The bath tub was great. The view was amazing. The staff was extremely friendly and all did a great job. Overall I will most likely come here again, but the food thing that would make me hesitate.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Vee J, Director of Sales at Hotel Blake Chicago, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Wyndham Blake Chicago. Your feedback is important to us in order to ensure that we maintain high quality service and accommodations for our guests. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel, and that our friendly staff could be a memorable aspect of your stay. I apologize for the inconveniences endured during your experience. At the Wyndham Blake Chicago, we strive to meet the needs of our guests. We are sorry that we could not meet your standards during your stay. You will be pleased to know that I have passed along your comment in regard to the issues of cleanliness in your room and it should no longer be a problem in the future. I understand the frustration you expressed about the lack of a hotel restaurant during your stay. While we are currently in between restaurants, we are very excited about new opportunities in the near future. Be sure to check with our front desk and bellmen on your next visit for suggestions of other restaurants in the area. Also, I know that it can be an inconvenience that the ice machine is located on the 12th floor, but we feel that it is the ideal location as to minimize the noise for our guests. On your next visit, I would suggest calling the front desk for assistance with ice. We value your feedback and hope that you give us another chance to show you the best we have to offer.

Been to Hotel Blake Chicago? Share your experiences!