“Wonderful Experience and service” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
15% Off Room Rate!
Ranked #77 of 167 hotels in Chicago
Dubai
“Wonderful Experience and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2009

Room were fantastic. Services was excellent. The staff went out of their way to make sure our stay was memorable. The location is a little off the Magnificent Mile but right next to Millenium Park. Made our trip to Chicago a lasting memory!!!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

1,308 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (292)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2009

Nestled just off the beaten path and about two blocks from the river the Fairmont Chicago offers an excellent location to operate as home base for your trip to Chicago. The staff were friendly and helpful, arranging many of the sightseeing events we enjoyed while in the city. There are many attractions withiin easy walking distance (The Art Institute is a must see and Millenium Park is a fun visit). The architectural tour by river departs a dock that is very close to the Fairmont and there are lots of restaurants nearby.

The rooms were excellent and the club room is worth the extra expense. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
minneapolis mn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2009

I'm in the hotel right now, and wanted to write this review before I get back home and don't have the time to do it anymore. I booked this hotel on priceline, and I got a really good deal ($70 per room with king size bed). The hotel is about 4 blocks from Millennium Park, in a quiet area. It's also two blocks away from the river front. Both these places are worth visiting! Also, across the river there is a high end grocery store 'fox and obel' where you can shop for delicious food for your room. There are also a number of Walgreen, CVS, etc nearby. Around here there are only skyscrapers for about 2 blocks...there isn't much traffic nor any rail roads (that can get loud) so again the place is quiet. The room doesn't have a great view but it's spacious and has a modern bathroom, spotless. It also has a very pleasant decor and a flat screen TV that rotates so you can view it from the armchairs/table. The hotel has a spa that is pretty expensive, but there is free wireless internet access. Overall I'm very satisfied with our stay here, it's truly comfortable!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2009

We just finished our family "staycation" in Chicago and had a wonderful time at The Fairmont. The staff was extremely attentive -- from the time I made the reservation to our final breakfast at their lovely restaurant, Aria. There has been a recent renovation and the room was decorated in a clean, contemporary style. The view from our room was fantastic -- the lakefront, Navy Pier, and Millenium Park. We also used their spa facilities which were relaxing, provided everything you could want in a spa, and were spotless. I would highly recommend The Fairmont to anyone visiting Chicago.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Lewisburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2009

Simply a nice place to stay... I had a great deal for the room, and was impressed with the quality.

Hotel staff was very helpful; they were able to let me check out and helped me print boarding passes.

Negative: It is frustrating that nowadays you do not have free internet in most hotels and it's the same here; you have to pay for the internet.

Negative: Loud on the phone you may hear your neighbors on the phone, or them shower.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
Chicago, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2009

My husband and I planned a "stay-cation" to this hotel. The MySpa services were excellent and convenient. Our view was lovely (30th floor). The room itself was a little small. The bathtub was awkwardly small to take advantage of the "bath sommelier" service. Perhaps other suites are better suited. Overall, a nice escape. The decor feels a little Ikea, and almost cheap. The bed was fantastic.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Columbus, OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2009

Just returned from a stay at the Fairmont with my kids over spring break. There was a great special on the Fairmont site of buy 2 nights, get the 3rd free. With that they gave $100 restaurant credit, $50 spa credit, and discounted parking of $25 per night (regularly $49). Arrival and check in no problem with excellent service from the time I originally made the reservation until we checked out.
Rooms were great size for a Chicago hotel. Decor very simplistic with a Euro style flair. I liked the shower stall with door as I always hate at hotels having water pool all over from shower curtains. Nice large bathrooms with Miller Harris toiletries (my daughter's hated the shampoo but I'm thinking it was the low flow from the waterfall showerhead). There was a closet with in room safe however drawers were almost non existent (our room had a padded bench with two pull out drawers and there was one nightstand drawer and that was it). I did like the padded window seat for catching a glimpse of the lake (blocked mostly by buildings though). Bedding was very crisp and comfy and I always love hotels where they have bathrobes.
We used our $100 credit for breakfast. It covered one breakfast for three adults and one child and with tip was $98 so certainly not the amount I normally spend on breakfast. The other two days we walked to the AON Center next door and there is a Starbucks, and Au Bon Pain, and another little cafe for breakfast. Didn't try out the bar but definately liked the vibe of it.
We pretty much did museums on our trip mixed with a little shopping. Had to take cabs most every place. We did decide the first day to walk to the Field Museum but.....probably wouldn't again. Didn't realize at first but it was about 2 1/2 miles to get there. Within walking distance we found a Giordano's for fantastic stuffed pizza and it's also walking distance to State Street shopping. First time I've stayed this far south and it was a good locale since we only needed one trip up the Mag Mile for shopping the first evening. Just wish I could have found more evening restaurants around the area which is what I felt was lacking.
If you sign up for President's Club (it's free) you get free internet service. Utilized it but had a heck of a time as the connection from the nearby Hyatt kept overtaking the signal from the Fairmont and I kept losing connection.
So in all, a very nice stay. For what I paid for the place it would be a five but if I paid over $200 per night I'd probably give it a 3. So I'll average it out. As mentioned, service was a 5. Decor just wasn't my personal preference and wish there was more within several blocks.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family

Been to Fairmont Chicago Millennium Park? Share your experiences!