“Great Atmosphere” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Blue 13 - CLOSED

Blue 13
416 W Ontario St, Chicago, IL 60654-5714 (Near North Side)
312-787-1400
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Near North Side
Cross street: Orleans
Transit: Near the Chicago and Merchandise Mart Brown Line Stations, or the Grand Blue Line Station.
Chicago
“Great Atmosphere”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

You will have good time if you go here. Must make reservations well in advance.

Visited February 2012

Wausau, Wisconsin
“Great dinner and drinks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2012

We had a reservation for two on a Sunday night, but when we arrived the place was a little empty but there were people at the bar. So we just ate and drank with Dan behind the bar. We ordered 6 small plates and 1 entree to share and tried some wines and cocktails. Total tab with tip for nearly 3 hours of dining and drinking was $250. A bit pricey, but the food and drink was totally worth it, sometimes you have to pay for quality.

Visited January 2012
Illinois
“Limited menu, but check it out!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012

Our dinners were absolutely delicious. If you're looking for a steak or pasta dish you might want to check elsewhere. Their menu is on-line, so check it our first. While it's limited to 8-10 items (entrees) they offer unique combinations. Well worth finding this place.

• Visited December 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“Great service, great food, great ambiance...a must go!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2011

We planned a surprise dinner party here for my sister-in-laws 30th birthday, and it was fantastic! We ended up being rather late due to a delay with the limo that was taking us there; we called and the restaurant was very accommodating. They joked with us when we arrived about being so late, but were very friendly and never threatened to give up our table or made us feel bad about being so late. Having worked many years in the restaurant industry, I found that they handled our tardiness exceptionally.

We had a party of 10, and probably had most of the main dishes on the menu at the table. No one was disappointed. In fact, my brother said that the Cobia was the best fish he has ever had, which is saying something for someone who lived on the east coast and has had his fair share of excellent seafood. They had a short rib special which was phenomenal as well. As far as appetizers, you cannot go wrong with the beef tartar and lobster pizza.

Our server was excellent. I believe his name was Nick, if my memory serves me correctly. He was knowledgeable about the drinks (great mixed drink list!) and food, and he was very helpful and patient with answering questions and helping people with decisions when asked. He was professional, but not stuffy as I find sometimes servers can be at nicer restaurants. He joked with us, came across as genuine, and made us feel very welcome.

Overall, I highly recommend Blue 13. It is a bit pricey, but I would say definitely worth it, especially compared to other restaurants in the city at this price point. Great place for a special occasion!

• Visited November 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Innovative and tasty!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2011

I was with a group of 6 people in late November. We ordered and split most of the appetizers and desserts. My favorite appetizers were lobster pizza --it sounds weird and I'm not a huge pizza fan but this was fantastic--and the fruits de mer, including grilled octopus (which I am also not usually fanatic about.) For the entree most of us had the short ribs, which were recommended and were tender as butter. My favorite desserts were the chocolate brownie and the apple cobbler. The "donuts" (beignets) were also quite good. Everything was well prepared. The restaurant itself is small to medium, warm and cozy.

Visited November 2011

If you own or manage Blue 13, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.