“Perfect location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Ritz-Carlton Chicago (A Four Seasons Hotel)

Save Saved
You added The Ritz-Carlton Chicago (A Four Seasons Hotel) to your Saves list
The Ritz-Carlton Chicago (A Four Seasons Hotel)
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   160 E Pearson St at Water Tower Place, Chicago, IL 60611-2124 (Gold Coast)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Bed and Breakfast!
Ranked #13 of 169 Hotels in Chicago
Amarillo, Texas
“Perfect location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Fantastic room with lake view. Excellent service. On the first day, however, it took three trips to the front desk to get a rollaway bed up in the room. Otherwise, we had a perfect stay and wonderful experience

Room Tip: Higher floors have better lake view
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
ThomasSegesta, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Chicago (A Four Seasons Hotel), responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear Bang W,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us on TripAdvisor!

We truly appreciate your feedback as we are always looking for ways learn and grow. I am delighted to hear that you had an wonderful stay with us and were able to enjoy the beautiful views of the lake from your room.

Thank you for your honesty regarding the rollaway bed, I have shared your comments with the team and we have definitely taken note of your feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Ritz-Carlton the next time you are in the Windy City!

Tom Segesta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (330)
Buffalo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

My boyfriend and I traveled for four days from Buffalo for a late birthday gift for him and wanted to stay in a nice hotel for an affordable price and the Ritz Carlton definitely exceeded our expectations! We booked the hotel about three weeks before the trip and got a really good deal from a hotel booking website, and the price was great, almost seemed too good to be true for a Ritz Carlton but we decided to take a chance and book it anyways. We had an early flight so we got to the hotel at about 9AM on Friday the 8th and expected to have to come back to get our room (check in I believe is technically at 4pm) but to our surprise they told us there was actually a room available and ready for us, which was a great surprise! Everyone at the front desk as well as the doormen were extremely friendly and welcoming. We got to our room on the 18th floor and our luggage was up to our room literally within ten minutes, and the bellman who brought them up was just as friendly and welcoming as everyone else we had encountered. I wish I remembered his name but he gave us great tips on what to do in the city! The room was beautiful! Huge window where you can sit in the inside ledge and look out, nice TV with lots of channels (including HBO), king size bed, and large bathroom with two sinks and a seperate area (with a door!) for the toilet and shower/tub). A huge plus for us was free wifi!! Also, there was a lot of outlets next to the bed which is big for me because I always use my phone as my alarm and like it close to the bed when I sleep! The bed in the room was probably the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in, my boyfriend and I both said that was the best we've slept in months!! We just got the city view room but you could easily see Navy Pier and Lake Michigan right to our left. The bath products were L'Occitane and they were amazing! Housekeeping was fantastic with keeping us stocked of these items, they smelled great and were great quality! Another thing that is nice about the room is there is a fridge, so if you go out to eat and have left overs you can easily keep them for later! The room felt very secure and safe, as well as super clean! The housekeeping staff here is top notch, more than once my boyfriend or I left a shirt on top of the luggage or bed and when we came back the housekeeping staff even folded the shirts!! Always stocked with water bottles, towels, and anything else we needed. We got a knock on the door every day at about 4pm(?) by housekeeping asking if there was anything else we needed or wanted, super friendly! Hotel is in a great location, connected to the Water Towel Place and steps away from Michigan Ave. We were about an 8 minute walk to the train station (which is how we got from the airport to the hotel) and it was easily walkable with a rolling luggage and also a carry on bag. Taxis near the hotel constantly and doormen who whistle them over for you whenever needed. Check in and check out were both easy and very quick, less than 5 minutes for each! Free coffee/tea in the lobby before 10Am which is also a nice touch!! This was truly in a great location, busy but not overwhelming and super safe! This hotel definitely exceeded all of our expectations and we will definitely be staying here next time we come to Chicago!!!

Room Tip: Obviously the higher you get, the better the view, but I don't think there is any bad room! Eve...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear xprincess366x,

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback regarding your recent stay with us! We are truly delighted to hear that you and your boyfriend had such an enjoyable experience with our hotel and were able to explore many aspects of our hotel as well as the city!

I am thrilled to hear that you will be coming back to visit us the next time you are in town, we look forward to it!

Thank you again for taking the time to share your stay on TripAdvisor, we truly appreciate it.

Woodbridge, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

This was our first trip to Chicago, and this hotel is in a great location. Shopping and restaurants are right there at your door step. If you want the bus tour, conveniently, there's a stop right across the street. We were able to walk to Navy Pier, although it is a bit of a hike (approx. 30 min.) The restaurant, lounge and outdoor deck are gorgeous. The hotel staff were all very friendly and professional. Oh, and the bed was probably THE most comfortable bed I've slept in ever!

Dear jimsereney,

Thank you sharing your recent stay with us on TripAdvisor!

We are delighted to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay and were able to enjoy some of the many amenities that our hotel and the city of Chicago have to offer.

I am thrilled that you thought our beds were so comfortable and had a restful stay during your time with us!

Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Ritz-Carlton the next time you are in the Windy City!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

We have stayed multiple times, with and without our dogs. The staff is very friendly and treats each guest as an important guest. Recently I made arrangements for multiple rooms for family. They had an "accessible" room ready for my elderly parents and had a roll-away ready from my brother's family, just as I requested.

Room Tip: "City view" is a bargain, "Lake view" is nice but will cost you!
Dear kpcsrc,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us on TripAdvisor!

We truly appreciate your feedback and I am delighted to hear that you enjoy staying with us and that we were able to accommodate your family appropriately!

Thank you again for sharing your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Ritz-Carlton the next time you are in the Windy City!

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

Very sheik and modern tower featuring rooms w/gorgeous views of Lake Michigan and windows that open for a cool breeze (that has been my experience). We stay at this property every year for an annual business conference. Steps to Michigan Avenue, Water Tower Place shopping, restaurants galore and Lake Michigan beaches. Sleek bar/lounge area. Fitness center has many cardio machines and even free weights, but it is below ground (though you may experience a Stegmond (Oprah's man friend) sighting during your morning workout).

Room Tip: Lake views are definitely worth the extra charge.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear Todd H,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us on TripAdvisor!

I am delighted to hear that you stay with us annually and always have an enjoyable time.

We truly appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back to The Ritz-Carlton the next time you are in the Windy City!

Hamilton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

This was our first trip to Chicago, and we're thrilled we chose to stay at the Ritz!

The staff was OVERLY accommodating, especially Janette at the Front Desk who made sure everything for the kids was set up upon arrival (tent, candy-man, robes, toiletry packs, etc.) and was my go to girl in a pinch. I'd also like to thank Anthony in the restaurant who made morning breakfasts that much more enjoyable.

Overall the hotel provides incredible value, a stunning view (we were on the 30th floor), a pool (great for the kids), an amazing gym (by hotel standards), easy access to the atrium shops, and is also conveniently located across a small outdoor park and jungle gym.

We loved the city and will definitely make sure our next stay is at the Ritz.

Dear RomeoCrugnale,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us on TripAdvisor! We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback.

I am delighted to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and that you were able to experience some of the many great amenities that we offer!

Thank you again for your feedback and we truly look forward to welcoming you back to The Ritz-Carlton the next time you are in the Windy City!

Elmira, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

This is our second time visiting this hotel. Our stay the last time had been so nice that instead of choosing to stay at a hotel closer to our conference, we chose to stay with the Ritz again.
This is a nice hotel, the beds and pillows are extremely comfortable. The bellmen are incredibly polite and willing to help with whatever you need. Room service is impeccable and are just so nice to work with every night/morning. I wish I knew what kind of coffee you used as it was absolutely delicious! I have to have my coffee every morning and yours hit the spot. The fresh berries were in perfect shape and yummy every day. I love the fact your hotel is on top of the Water Tower Shops and I could run down in between meetings and hit a few stores.
The only low spot was the person that checked us in was a tiny bit pompous. I understand you work at the Ritz (and a Four Seasons property at that) and I am betting with all of the smiles that I saw it is an excellent place to work, however, I'm wondering if the young gentleman that checked us in was having a bit of a bad day. The group before us, when they checked in, had been given a tour of the lobby, explanation of facilities and yet when we walked up, he was quite short with us. I had let him know that we were so happy to be back and he just looked at me and said - 'Oh? You've stayed with us before' with the sarcasm on the You've... I don't know what we'd done to put him off his game, but something clearly had not made him happy about our reservation? I am hoping that his night got better after we left the front desk. Ours did!
The rooms are nicely appointed, the bathrooms are clean, rooms are quiet, even though we were right next to the elevators (not my favorite rooms, but oh well). The gym is incredibly clean and well maintained, which doesn't surprise me. Everyone we both encountered was very friendly at the gym, made sure we knew where the water and wonderfully chilled peppermint towels were (such a nice touch after a workout).
All in all, another good stay at this hotel. We would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Dear BudGirl17,

Thank you for sharing your recent stay with us on TripAdvisor!

I am delighted that you decided to stay with us again after your first visit and that you were able to enjoy some of the many amenities we offer at our hotel.

Thank you for your feedback regarding the various departments from the Doorman to Room Service to the Gym! I also appreciate your honesty regarding your arrival experience, I have shared your comments with our team as we are always look for ways to learn and improve.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Ritz-Carlton the next time you are in the Windy City!

Tom Segesta

Been to The Ritz-Carlton Chicago (A Four Seasons Hotel)? Share your experiences!