“Amazing Experience!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Ritz-Carlton, Chicago

You added The Ritz-Carlton, Chicago to your Saves list
The Ritz-Carlton, Chicago
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   160 E Pearson St at Water Tower Place, Chicago, IL 60611-2124 (Formerly The Ritz-Carlton Chicago (A Four Seasons Hotel)) (Magnificent Mile)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Enhance Your Stay
Ranked #10 of 178 Hotels in Chicago
New York City, New York
“Amazing Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

I recently stayed at the Ritz Carlton while in Chicago on business and it was fantastic! The staff was great, incredibly helpful and accomodating. The rooms were beautiful and clean and the beds were very comfortable. I loved the L'Occitane bath products that were offered- what a treat! The location cannot be beat, close to shops, restaurants and entertainment. I would definitely recommend this hotel to my friends and family and will absolutely stay here again the next time I'm in Chicago.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
TomSegesta, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Chicago, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your Trip Advisor review! We sincerely appreciate and value your feedback in our continual pursuit to enhance the total guest experience.

We look forward to an opportunity to welcome you back to The Ritz-Carlton Chicago soon!

Tom Segesta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (442)
  • Finnish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Stayed here with family in July 2012 due to proximity to American Girl and Lego store. Great location to all the best shops and restaurants along Michigan Ave. Paid $700 for 2 room suite which was very nice but we had to call the front desk repeatedly for valet service and to provide the "extras" included with the American Girl package. Guess I expected perfection for the price.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
TomSegesta, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Chicago, responded to this review, April 24, 2014

Detroit, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

It's hard to fault a place that tries very hard to fulfill expectations of its guests. The views are great, the service is great, the rooms are luxurious, and the location (for many visitors) is wonderful.

You might find very much like the "old money" feel of the place. However, some visitors might miss an in-room coffee machine (not the plastic one in the bathroom you get at a Holiday Inn Express or Marriott; I mean a nice one with little pods for your choosing and slightly confusing instructions.)

Unfortunately, I had a significant problem that shouldn't occur in a mid-level hotel, let alone a Ritz. [If it isn't solved, I will explain; otherwise it might be unfair to the hotel.) I told the front desk and they were very apologetic, and promised a manager would contact me. I will re-write this review when that happens. Until then, I have to mark it only average.

Room Tip: This has the old-fashioned (I think 1970s era) style of entrance, where you go up to a lobby on the...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
TomSegesta, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Chicago, responded to this review, April 26, 2014

midwest
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

Arrived at the Ritz for a weekend get-away. It's a beautiful hotel, and we asked for a lake view and it was gorgeous! We let them know we were celebrating an anniversary and a birthday and they went out of their way to put a dessert and champagne in our room! Every morning we used the great fitness facility and the steam room/ pool (too cold to get into) at no charge. In the center of great shopping and restaurants-- would stay here again on our next visit! Note: our only disappointment was we had a $200 Ritz Carlton rewards certificate to put toward our bill-- they would NOT accept this because its a "four seasons" Ritz Carlton-- kind of ridiculous- so keep in mind if you have this.

• Stayed May 2013

Fallon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Can't wait for my next trip to Chicago! Exceptional staff, accommodations, and the location is perfect. Though in town for a business trip I took full advantage of my free time and enjoyed the gym/spa facilities and the nearby shopping. The staff were very courteous and helpful in arranging show tickets and giving directions to the local running paths. They couldn't have been nicer!

Room Tip: ask for a lake view room if it's available!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Lincoln
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

I recently took several of my employees to the Ritz Carlton in Chicago for a celebratory weekend. Even prior to our arrival I was contacted by Jon in concierge to make sure that everything would go smoothly at check in. Upon arrival we checked in smoothly and proceeded to our room. If you have the opportunity, I would highly recommend getting a lake view room as the scenery is gorgeous. I spoke with Randy at check in and explained that we wanted a room with a separate shower and tub (not all rooms have this in this hotel, so be sure to ask if that is what you want). Randy made sure that he got this for us and did a great job with our room. As always, the rooms are clean and very comfortable. I double checked with all of my employees to make sure their check in went smooth as well, an they all agreed it was easy and painless. The next morning at check out I spoke with Natalie and explained we were considering bring our children up for a get away. Natalie took a lot of time going over all of the children's programs they offer and making sure we understood them. It was a great experience. The only item that I would say they could improve on is making sure that you receive a paper in the morning when you request it. Earlier this year we stayed and had the same issue. Overall, that was a minor problem with a great stay. Well done Ritz. We'll be back soon!!

• Stayed May 2013
TomSegesta, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Chicago, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Dear Aaron F,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on your recent stay at The Ritz Carlton Hotel. It is great to hear Jon, Randy and Natalie were able to successfully assist in setting you up for success prior to arrival and make you most comfortable after check-in. I do apologize for the inconvenience of not receiving the newspaper in the morning and please trust this feedback will be brought to the attention of our front office.

We look forward to welcoming you back for a leisurely family vacation next time!

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

This is such an amazing hotel. The food is delis! Try the Deca salad with salmon. The staff is very knowledgeable and able to pair wine or cocktails with your entree. Amazing ambiance and lovely musical entertainment at night on the weekends. The best part of all is the new outdoor terrace is ready and absolutely stunning! The DEC at Deca - It's the new "place to be seen" in Chicago! The new menu is unlike anything around and the new cocktails menu is PERFECT. This is THE summer destination. Actually, I am thinking I should not post how AWESOME this is because I want to keep it all to myself. LOL! Really really fantastic and the perfect renovation to make the Ritz the best hotel in Chicago! (Well, its always BEEN the best hotel but again, I'm trying to keep it a secret!! haha)

Check it out! You can thank me later!! :)

Room Tip: Ask for the Navy Pier lake view. Stunning!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Dear Shari M,

It is wonderful to hear great feedback on the new Dec rooftop bar. Executive Chef Mark Payne and his team truly put their hearts into creating the new menu and it is fantastic to hear it has been well received. This summer will certainly be an exciting one that we are thrilled to share with our guests.

Thank you for sharing your great experience with us, we appreciate the feedback. See you on The Dec!