“All you expect and more but ....” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Ritz-Carlton Chicago (A Four Seasons Hotel)

You added The Ritz-Carlton Chicago (A Four Seasons Hotel) to your Saves list
The Ritz-Carlton Chicago (A Four Seasons Hotel)
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   160 E Pearson St at Water Tower Place, Chicago, IL 60611-2124 (Gold Coast)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Bed and Breakfast!
Ranked #13 of 174 Hotels in Chicago
Long Island, NY
“All you expect and more but ....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

The Ritz does it right! This is the top in service and comfort..the views are amazing. Fom the moment that you step out of you cab the staff are there to help. Extras-- the fountain in the lobby, live music in the evening and great complametory coffee or teas in the morning. (The interesting thing is that I recently stayed at a Courtyard Marrott and there was no coffee unless you bought their Starbucks when it was available.)
Now as much as I love the place I have oone complaint...the pool was not available and I think it has been that wayn since my last visit. One of my special things is to sit poolside and read the sunday NYT and some coffee. I hope (fingers crossed) it fixed on my next trip. Perfection is close at hand!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
TomSegesta, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Chicago (A Four Seasons Hotel), responded to this review, April 20, 2013
Dear CeliacTraveler,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your recent stay at The Ritz Carlton Hotel Chicago. I am pleased to read this last stay brought you the signature service and comfort you have come to expect from our hotel. I am sorry for the inconvenience of our recent pool update during your stay but the pool is now back in service and we have put the NYT and coffee out for you.
Looking forward to welcoming you back soon!
Tom Segasta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (355)
chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

We are local but had the opportunity to stay a weekend downtown at the Four Seasons for a wedding weekend. We have 3 kids so had 2 adjoining rooms, one with king and other with 2 queens. Four Seasons brand continues to impress with their service and especially the way they cater to the kids (mini bathrobes, special cookies at tuck it etc). I noticed that some of the finishes in the room looked a little worn; paint, carpeting etc, but this is still a classy hotel that never fails to please. Concierge and staff were very accommodating in making last minute dinner reservations. The pool and connection to shopping mall made it an absolute breeze to hang out with the kids even when Chicago goes thru one of its cold spells. Ask for a lake view if you can, the kids spent hours just sitting on the cushioned windowsill and looking out.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear ChicagoSteve23,

Thank you for choosing The Ritz Carlton Hotel as your home away in Chicago. I am happy to read your children enjoyed their amenities, I hope they took part in baking cookies with chef and a visit from the candy man too! In regards to your room I am terribly sorry you found the finishes to be tiresome, your feedback will be brought to our Engineer’s immediate attention. Though it is a pleasure to know the suite views still brought comfort and entertainment for all to enjoy.

As always, your loyalty and patronage are highly valued and we look forward to welcoming your family back soon.

Little Rock, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Perfect location with easy access to all the stores (in the building as well as other stores in Michigan Ave). The service was excellent. Room was spacious. They brought out a toy wagon for the kids to pick a welcome toy! I will stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mimi L,

Thank you for choosing the Ritz Carlton Hotel Chicago for your weekend getaway. It is wonderful to hear your experience was a great one and that you enjoyed everything from the room to the children’s amenities. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back!

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Enjoyed our stay! As is true with all hotels, rooms near the elevator are a bit noisy. We were only there for two nights, but if we had been staying longer, I would've requested to move to quieter location in the hotel. Rooms were very clean and beds were comfortable.

Room Tip: ask for room with lake view
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
TomSegesta, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Chicago (A Four Seasons Hotel), responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your Trip Advisor review! We sincerely appreciate and value your feedback in our continual pursuit to enhance the total guest experience.

We look forward to an opportunity to welcome you back to The Ritz-Carlton Chicago soon!

Baltimore, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I was in town for a conference that was held at the Ritz and I felt completely spoiled. The hotel is lovely, the staff was friendly and professional and the food was delicious. Great wine selection too! No complaints and I would love to stay again on my next visit to Chicago.

Dear BettinaMarie

It would be a pleasure to have you back on your next visit in Chicago! Thank you for your kind words. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and please know your appraisal of the staff and food will be shared amongst our employees and food and beverage outlets.

Chapel Hill, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

One cannot do better than the Ritz-Carlton Chicago. I am wowed by all staff when I stay at this lovely, lovely hotel. The food is delicious, the front desk staff courteous and attentive, Jon, the concierge as well as others never turned away when they saw me coming although I have many needs.

Room Tip: 2232--excellent view of lake and very tall buildings

Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

I usually enjoy the Ritz-Carlton. Maybe because the Big Ten Basketball Tournament and St. Patrick's Day weekend was going on during my visit, might have something to do with it. While enjoying a book in the bar/lobby, a "lady" and her child in bathrobes, were walking around and seated themselves near me in Bar/lobby area, not a huge deal but not what I would expect. Then the unexpected, to my amazement, the were seated in bathrobes in the lobby restaurant. I think if I return, I'll just stay at the Four Seasons. The room was nice, and I was given my room early and didn't have to wait. Service at the bar in the evening was very slow.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
TomSegesta, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Chicago (A Four Seasons Hotel), responded to this review, April 25, 2014

Tom Segesta

Been to The Ritz-Carlton Chicago (A Four Seasons Hotel)? Share your experiences!