“Pampering at its best!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Ritz-Carlton Chicago (A Four Seasons Hotel)

You added The Ritz-Carlton Chicago (A Four Seasons Hotel) to your Saves list
The Ritz-Carlton Chicago (A Four Seasons Hotel)
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   160 E Pearson St at Water Tower Place, Chicago, IL 60611-2124 (Magnificent Mile)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #9 of 177 Hotels in Chicago
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Pampering at its best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying here for five nights during a business trip. Almost booked at the Omni--grateful I opted for the Ritz instead. Not sure where to begin. The location is phenomenal, steps off the Magnificent Mile but far enough back to avoid the noise. Fantastic views from the rooms; My room faced south but I had an amazing view of the lake just blocks to the east. I'm so glad that the Ritz participates in my employer's negotiated rate program; for the same cost I could have stayed at any of the hotels along the magnificent miles or in the loop but none would have come close to the level of the Ritz. OK, enough about the not-to-be-beat location. The room itself was fantastic. Large, luxurious and reeking of refinement. Spacious bath, spacious room, nice mini-bar. Impeccably clean. Incredibly comfortable bed. Nice arm chair, desk, adequate lighting. A+ on lots of little things that make you forget you're not actually enjoying the comforts of home. Seriously, they've dotted all of the "i"s and crossed all of the "t"s. Quiet A/C. Fantastic lobby in the sky as the first few floors of this building are part of the attached shopping mall. A bit disorienting/confusing upon arrival; desk clerk at car port escorts you to dedicated elevator to sky lobby. Front desk clerks are beyond friendly and helpful. Incredibly helpful with transportation/attraction suggestions--just what you'd expect at a 4 star property. They then direct you to separate bank of elevators to room floors. Exquisite attended business center, gratis for guests, including printing. Didn't use room service or eat in the lobby restaurant/bar so can't comment on them. Didn't use on-site parking so can't comment there either. I was confused the first day by the set up of the street entrance/lobby until I learned it is shared by luxury condos on higher floors (using separate elevator bank). Only complaint: the doormen servicing the street-side entrance/lobby seemed not to be consistently attentive/well-trained. On one or two occasions the doorman on duty attempted to open a door for me or ask me if I needed a cab but more often than not was inattentive, engaged in conversation with a fellow doorman or deliberately ignored me. What's up with that? Not a deal-breaker but this was the only inconsistency with the total pampering I experienced during my five night stay. I'd definitely stay here again next time business or pleasure brings me to Chicago.

Room Tip: Don't even think of staying anywhere else!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
TomSegesta, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Chicago (A Four Seasons Hotel), responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience at our property! It truly means the world to receive feedback from our guests, and please know that I have shared your comments with our entire team.

I do apologize for the inconsistent attentiveness from our Front Door Team. You absolutely should have received the same courteous attention with each interaction. These details and attention to service are what set us apart as a hotel and we strive to deliver these to our guests each and every day.

Thank you again for taking the time to provide feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back sometime soon!

Tom Segesta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (418)
NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I recently stayed at the Ritz-Carlton Chicago and had a wonderful experience. From the moment I got out of the taxi and was whisked to the beautiful lobby, their team greeted me with welcoming, accommodating assistance and service.

The room itself was flawless: pin-drop quiet (which is rare for a city hotel), uber-comfortable bed and wonderful bath amenities (L'Occitane - the absolute best!). I will certainly return to this hotel on my next trip to Chicago and look forward to another night of excellent sleep and relaxation.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
TomSegesta, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Chicago (A Four Seasons Hotel), responded to this review, April 26, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your Trip Advisor review! We sincerely appreciate and value your feedback in our continual pursuit to enhance the total guest experience.

We look forward to an opportunity to welcome you back to The Ritz-Carlton Chicago soon!

Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We have stayed at the Ritz in Chicago several times and are never disappointed. We had a suite for the 3 of us and had plenty of room! They brought in a rollaway bed for my son who slept in the parlor . We had some trouble with the tv in the parlor area and the engineer came right up. Unfortunately, he was unable to fix the problem and we could not rent a movie. Late night dinner and drinks downstairs were great as well as the room service breakfast. The hotel is in a great location and the staff is wonderful!

Room Tip: Corner suite was nice and quiet!
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us!

I would like to apologize for the technical difficulties that you had experienced with your in-room movie rentals, however. We always strive to deliver the very best experience to each and every guest. Please allow us to take care of any movies during your next stay with us.

Thank you again for taking the time to provide feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back to the city very soon.

Albany, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

We came for a wedding. The location is perfect. We walked everywhere and it was great when we returned at the end of our day The staff wonderfully accomadating, professional and unobtrusive. All what would be expected in a Ritz. Everything is first rate
and very warm and comforting. The service and food at the wedding was truly great.

Room Tip: standard room with view of Lake Michigan and some of the city...looking north...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I have stay at the The Ritz-Carlton Chicago for many years. I have always enjoyed my stay. The rooms are great. The service is one of the best in the world. If you ever need anything, you just pick up the phone and its done. I will continue to stay here in the future.

Room Tip: I like to face the city.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

We have stayed at the Ritz Carlton on holiday weekends for many many years. We watched with disappointment as this matron of style went through new ownerships; we opted for other hotels in the interim. Our recent stay was, however, back to the warm and inviting atmosphere of former days. The cafe is still a great place for breakfast and the warm mini donuts are excellent, as is all their offerings.

Room Tip: I'd ask for Michigan Ave view; the lights are great.
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I'm so glad to hear that your recent stay with us was a positive one! We love to hear when guests receive the service and attention to detail that they are looking for. We believe that this is what sets us apart as a hotel and are so happy you experienced them.

Thank you also for your review of our deca RESTAURANT+BAR - we're thrilled that you enjoyed the mini doughnuts (they're a hotel favorite!)

wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Took my 9 year old daughter here for our annual mother-daughter shopping weekend. We booked the American Girl package - includes standard room with a lot of fun extras for your child and her doll. While the hotel is beautiful, the rooms are lovely and the location is superb...the real attraction here is the service. Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, is amazing. I must admit I expected the service to be good - it is a Four Seasons property after all. But it was refreshing to see genuine warmth in the staff here, not just the polish which can get a little artificial and "uppity" in a luxury property. The staff here is kind, professional and truly outstanding.

The amenities? Of course they are all wonderful too. Deca (the hotel's restaurant) was good, room service was excellent and the concierge made excellent recommendations. The Ritz Kids program is TOP NOTCH. The check in staff kindly asks you to fill out an information sheet which includes your child's favorite color, movie, book, etc. During your stay, they incorporate those things into little surprises at meal times, turn down service, etc. What a fantastic idea!

I can honestly say this was by far the best mother-daughter weekend we have had to date! Thank you Ritz Carlton Chicago! We will be back!

Tom Segesta

Been to The Ritz-Carlton Chicago (A Four Seasons Hotel)? Share your experiences!