“Perfect Again” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Ritz-Carlton Chicago (A Four Seasons Hotel)

Save Saved
You added The Ritz-Carlton Chicago (A Four Seasons Hotel) to your Saves list
The Ritz-Carlton Chicago (A Four Seasons Hotel)
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   160 E Pearson St at Water Tower Place, Chicago, IL 60611-2124 (Gold Coast)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Bed and Breakfast!
Ranked #14 of 169 Hotels in Chicago
Crystal Lake, Illinois
“Perfect Again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

My wife, adult daughter and I splurged on a two bedroom suite (23rd Floor) for two nights (Dec 25 - 27). Valet parking, bellman, check-in were very smooth. Everyone had a great and positive attitude. The room(s) was perfect. I can not imagine a more comfortable hotel bed exists. The bath amenities are all first class. The views of Navy Pier are beautiful. And the location: Michigan Ave - Water Tower Place - 900 Shops, etc... My wife and daughter could have spent 2 weeks here. You will feel very safe here as there are always employees present to assist you around the property 24/7. We love this property and look forward to returning asap!

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
TomSegesta, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Chicago (A Four Seasons Hotel), responded to this review, December 29, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely review of our hotel! It thrills me to hear of your positive experience, especially to know that our team provided the service that your family expected in order to create lasting memories. Please know that I have shared your feedback with our entire staff, as comments such as yours are what drive us to deliver each and every day.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your comments. We hope to welcome your family back to the hotel very soon.

Tom Segesta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (332)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

We traveled to Chicago with our 7 and 9 year as a Christmas trip to visit American girl, catch the Bulls and Celtics game, and get acclimated to the city for potential future trips. As soon as we arrived we were greeted with customer service that I thought no longer existed. From arrival to departure there was nothing that could have been better. The kids were greeted by their first names at check-in, which they constantly raved about, and were allowed to choose a toy from the wagon. Room service from Deca was impeccable. Excellent location, beautiful facility, friendly and knowledgable staff, very clean, and secure. Easy walk to Garrett's and plenty of shopping! This is now our go-to place for Chicago area travels. It is pricey for a family of four but, for an occasional trip to Chicago it's very convenient and secure.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
TomSegesta, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Chicago (A Four Seasons Hotel), responded to this review, April 26, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your Trip Advisor review! We sincerely appreciate and value your feedback in our continual pursuit to enhance the total guest experience.

We look forward to an opportunity to welcome you back to The Ritz-Carlton Chicago soon!

Nashville, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

We spent three nights here, December 13-16, and had a surpassingly wonderful time. From the friendly and welcoming doorman to the friendly and knowledgeable front desk to the friendly and efficient bellman, everyone on staff was kind, helpful and more. The hotel itself is lovely, both impressive and welcoming (is that possible?). Beautifully decorated for the holidays, but still serene. Our suite was enough to swoon over -- a view of Navy Pier, Lake Michigan and Michigan Avenue from various window walls, wonderful bed with luxurious linens, full living room behind French doors. Chic, but comfortable, with, of all things, abundant closets and L'Occitane toiletries.
Deca, the restaurant, is unlike other hotel dining spots, in that it had excellent food and outstanding service at unexpectedly moderate prices. Great place for a nightcap, but we do miss the piano that used to greet you in the bar.
Treat yourself. and stay here at least once in your life!

Room Tip: Michigan Avenue corner suite is heaven on the 25th floor.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. I am overjoyed to hear that your experience here was a positive one. I am so happy that you enjoyed your guest room and the view - we will try our very best to deliver that view during your next stay with us. I'm also glad to hear of your dining experience in deca RESTAURANT+BAR; we would love to have you join us on Friday and Saturday evenings for our live jazz series with Myles Hayes.

Please know that I have shared your comments with our entire staff, as feedback such as yours are what drive us to deliver each and every day.

We hope to welcome you back to Chicago and The Ritz very soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012 via mobile

Many hotels in Chicago have nice rooms, but my recent experience at the Ritz will bring my husband and I back for years. After returning to our room at midnight, we called for different pillows. This request took 30 min which was frustrating. However, not one to complain but rather keep that in mind for future trips we said nothing. The following day bottled water, and chocolate covered strawberries were sent to our room along with a sincere apology from the manager. How she found about about the pillow debacle idk? But I do know that we will be returning to this wonderful hotel every time we are in Chicago! Friendly staff that goes above and beyond, A+*

• Stayed December 2012

Florence, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

A world-class hotel in the beating heart of a great city. It is not quaint, rather a fully luxurious hq from which to explore everything the city has to offer, very much of which is within easy to moderate walking distance.

Room Tip: Lake view. Rooms near elevators are not noisy, if access matters to you.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am so happy to hear that your experience was a positive one! I am especially glad to know that our team provided the service that you expected. Please know that I have shared your feedback with our entire staff, as comments such as yours are what drive us to deliver each and every day.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your comments. We hope to welcome you back to the hotel very soon.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

I recently visited The Ritz Carlton Chicago (A Four Seasons Hotel). In addition to the amazingly comfortable beds which Four Seasons is known for, I believe my room had the best view in the city. Spectacular!

The staff were all very kind and helpful. A special thanks to the Concierge and also the Deca Bar staff who took great care of me and my decadent requests!

I hope to return soon.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

Being a fan of the Four Seasons, I wanted to try this hotel as a change when I was in Chicago. I was really surprised the the level of service is not that of a typical Four Seasons or even a Ritz.
Positive Notes- All the front desk staff, room service and bell staff were very nice and helpful.
Negative Note- The spa attendant's attitude was terrible. She seemed as if that was the last place she wanted to be and was just waiting for the clock to run out for her to leave. The towels and robes in my bathroom had stains on them that seemed to have been set in a while.
Overall, this one hotel doesn't change my mind about the overall brand of the Four Seasons, but next time, I might just decide to stay at the actual Four Seasons and not the Ritz.

Room Tip: Higher Floors offer better view
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I want to personally apologize for the details missing from your experience. You absolutely should have received top notch service in our Spa facilities and amenities in perfect condition in your guest room. Please know that I followed up with our staff regarding both of these. Details and attention to service are what set us apart as a hotel and I'm sorry to hear you did not experience all of them.

Thank you again for taking the time to provide feedback. We would love to welcome you back to prove our value to you. Please contact me for any future reservations at thomas.segesta@fourseasons.com.

Tom Segesta

Been to The Ritz-Carlton Chicago (A Four Seasons Hotel)? Share your experiences!