“Great location, comfortable rooms, top service, good food.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Ritz-Carlton Chicago (A Four Seasons Hotel)

You added The Ritz-Carlton Chicago (A Four Seasons Hotel) to your Saves list
The Ritz-Carlton Chicago (A Four Seasons Hotel)
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   160 E Pearson St at Water Tower Place, Chicago, IL 60611-2124 (Magnificent Mile)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Third Night Free
Ranked #10 of 178 Hotels in Chicago
Lenox, Massachusetts
“Great location, comfortable rooms, top service, good food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

We visited to attend a conference recently and had an even better experience than last time. Location is super, walking distance to great restaurants and wonderful shopping.
We had wonderful lake views from the room. The room was very very clean (a high priority for us), and very comfortable in every way (bed and pillows perfect, temperature control really worked and windows could be cracked open for a bit of fresh air). The desk was amply sized, the fast speed internet was worth the modest extra charge. There was a comfortable chair and ottoman for reading.
The business center was well staffed and very helpful. They have a great printer and screen on the concierge desk for printing airline and train boarding passes and they are also nice about working these machines for those of us not so technilogically up-to-date.
The housekeeping staff was very polite. The room was freshened, with towels several times a day and the bed re-made mid day after a nap.
Likewise front desk staff, bellmen, bar and room service waiters were all very polite and efficient. Check in for a second room for a family member who stayed only part of our stay was efficient, the connecting room was opened and closed up right on schedule.
We had a great meal in the lounge next to the fountain and also tasty room service meals. The quick delivery from room service was the fastest we have ever experienced. A slight misunderstanding with the phone clerk at room service was handled promptly.
Spa services were provided by top notch professionals. We enjoyed a manicure/pedicure in a relaxing room with great views of the pool and energizing light from sky lights, as well as an inroom massage the night before departure. The pool was clean and a nice length for swimming laps.

Room Tip: Ask for a lake view room, very beautiful views.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
TomSegesta, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Chicago (A Four Seasons Hotel), responded to this review, April 26, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your Trip Advisor review! We sincerely appreciate and value your feedback in our continual pursuit to enhance the total guest experience.

We look forward to an opportunity to welcome you back to The Ritz-Carlton Chicago soon!

Tom Segesta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (441)
  • Finnish first
ct
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Everything about this hotel is 5 star. The staff, all of them were the most accomodating group of people, from the doormen to servers to room staff - all completely wonderful. Convenient location, lovely rooms, great food. By far, the staff are one of it's greatest assets.....

Elmira, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

What an absolutely beautiful hotel. We were in town for a meeting at the convention center (west side), which is about a 15 minute or less cab ride from the hotel.
We first encountered Ashley at the check in desk. When I checked in, she was very excited because as an American Express Platinum card holder we are immediately upgraded rooms if rooms are available. One such gorgeous room was available. I was in room 3019 and the room was unbelievable! Ashley said it was a beautiful room and she was right!
I had a walk in closet.. Let me repeat, in a beautiful hotel, I had a walk in closet! This is my first time staying at a Ritz but that blew me away. Such a little thing, but then I turned around and walked in to my humongous bathroom as well. Big tub (I don't ever use them) but I also had a very nice stand up shower.
The bed, Oh! the bed. It was probably the best night's sleep I've had in two years. After very long days of meetings, it was nice to be able to come back to a comfortable bed, with comfortable pillows. It doesn't happen often nowdays in hotels, but it was just such a nice feeling to know I'd get a great night's sleep.
I've mentioned several times throughout my posts that I'm on Weight Watchers, the team in their room service department worked with me each day for breakfast to keep it light and healthy. They were incredibly accommodating and were just super! Make sure to get their fresh berries in the morning, what a compliment to anything on their breakfast menu.
It was also very cool that my room had a dvd player in it. Not every room did, as my Dad nor my brother had one, but what a neat feature to add to the rooms!
I did get to work out down in the gym one of the nights. Although I'm not a fan of the life cycle equipment, it fit the bill for the 45 minutes I needed to do on the elipitcal. The do offer cold towels that have peppermint oil or mist on them. They were heavenly after a hard workout.
Did I mention this hotel is on top of a shopping center?! I'm a woman who loves to shop, plenty of shops outside of these (massive Anthropology store is down the street, it's the only thing I wished had been in my building. Ask for Kathy if you hit up that store, she was wonderful). But the ladies in Eileen Fisher were marvelous and incredibly helpful. I had such a wonderful stay it would probably be part of why I'd want to go back!!
Thank you to the team at the Ritz if you ever read these, everything - I mean everything is just marvelous at your hotel. The only thing I wish I'd done is see if I could buy my pillow from my room!
I'd suggest anyone who is looking for somewhere to stay that is looking for a marvelous hotel, and a wonderful experience, stop - you've found the Ritz. You needn't look any further.

Room Tip: If you can get room 2019, you're an incredibly lucky individual - I loved this room! But if you...

Pensacola, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

The location and staff were amazing. It is off Michigan, and within walking of shops, and activities. After looking at other hotels, I prefer this location to any other. I didn't like that you had to take an elevator up to floor 12 to get to the lobby, then get an elevator to your room. It wasted a lot of time, although it does keep you away from the noise of Michigan Ave. The rooms were small, but I did appreciate the large bathroom. The fitness center was just above average, and crowded. Still, for what we paid for the room compared with others, I think it was a great value.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
TomSegesta, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Chicago (A Four Seasons Hotel), responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and that you consider the hotel as being a great value. The feedback that you provided regarding the elevators and fitness facilities is greatly appreciated, as we strive to continually offer the very best product possible. We will certainly reflect on your comments and work to improve for our future guests.

Thank you again for taking the time to provide feedback. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future!

Best,
New Delhi, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Got great prices for what is a fantastic location and certainly one of the grand hotels. Room size is extremely generous and gives you enough space to walk around. If you are in Chicago on business, this is the hotel you should choose. It is not overtly far from the airport and within 5-10 minutes drive from the city centre/downtown area. Breakfast was extremely nice and the service in the restaurant was top notch. Fast, efficient and great value-just what you need when you are visiting a hotel on business.The fromt office staff was also helpful although they seemed swamped with the number of visitors on a busy evening.

Room Tip: I was there for a short visit so the view did not matter
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us! Feedback such as yours is extremely important to us, and please know that we have shared your comments with our entire hotel team.

Best,
Milton, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Just returned from a stay with my granddaughter. This is my new favorite hotel. We felt so welcome there that I will visit Chicago again just for the opportunity of staying at this wonderful hotel with the nicest, most helpful staff. Love, love this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Travelled for 24hours and got to RC finally. I got the junior suite for my family as we had our kids traveling with us. Hotel room was nicely furnished and the hotel staff was really courteous. They were generous with their time and really went out of their way to give us details on where to eat/shop etc. One hiccup though was the a/c unit and the amount of time it took to fix it (2 nights of faulty a/c) - you can imagine how LONG 2 nights can be if you compound that with jet lag. In the end, they comped one night and surprised us with breakfast in our room! Manager really knew how to make up for it. Great hotel and location is also very good - just along Magnificent Mile so shopping is easy. Supermarket was also conveniently located (Walgreens). i would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family