“Best Hotel in Chicago for sure” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Ritz-Carlton Chicago (A Four Seasons Hotel)

Save Saved
You added The Ritz-Carlton Chicago (A Four Seasons Hotel) to your Saves list
The Ritz-Carlton Chicago (A Four Seasons Hotel)
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   160 E Pearson St at Water Tower Place, Chicago, IL 60611-2124 (Gold Coast)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Bed and Breakfast!
Ranked #13 of 169 Hotels in Chicago
Coral Gables, Florida
“Best Hotel in Chicago for sure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

Still one of the top 10 Hotels in the USA and possibly the WORLD!
Great ambience, great staff, great service, Concierge Staff to handle every need and whim, and great location. What else can I say excpet its been totally renovated so it's like a new Hotel, too!

Room Tip: Corner rooms always best, especially lakefront views!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
TomSegesta, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Chicago (A Four Seasons Hotel), responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your Trip Advisor review! We sincerely appreciate and value your feedback in our continual pursuit to enhance the total guest experience.

We look forward to an opportunity to welcome you back to The Ritz-Carlton Chicago soon!

Tom Segesta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (333)
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012

The staff was really friendly especially the doorman from Colombia. Venke, our concierge, was very helpful for our weekend getaway. Really appreciated Jennifer printing our boarding passes for return flight and holding bags while we shopped. The room, especially the comfy bed, was great and had nice view of the Water Tower to the right and lake to the left. The bartender that has been there 23 years was delightful. Room service was $95 for 2 Eggs Benedict, Berries and Coffee, but was delicious and worth it. The location for sightseeing and shopping can't be beat!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
TomSegesta, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Chicago (A Four Seasons Hotel), responded to this review, April 26, 2014

Searcy, Arkansas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2012

We loved our stay. They offer very personalized service. Kids are important guests to them also. Our room was beautiful. Some of the best customer service I have ever received at a hotel.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

Rumford, Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2012

I am a frequent RC customer and think the brand is excellent. This location being managed by the Four Season raised my expectations even more. Some of my review may seem tick-tack but it does distinguish this location from others in a less favorable light and therefore is worthy of mention:

1. The lobby is huge and the water fountain gives it appeal but it all gets lost with a certain lack of intimacy. The seats at the windows are high-back chairs which serve to interrupt the aesthetics and view in my opinion. The rock ledge outside the windows is unattractive. I had expected the same feel you get at the Mandarin Oriental in NYC or the Four Seasons in Miami. This isn't in that league.

2. The small bar in the lobby has no TV. There is no other bar anywhere in the hotel. Big swing and miss.

3. The lobby restaurant is a bit cold and antiseptic, large spacious open area, like eating at an indoor food court. Harsh? Maybe. Food was good.

4. Service: RC employees alwasy use your name when addressing you. It's what you come to expect. That is not the case here and I found that to be revealing.

5. Rooms were about what you would expect at an RC.

6. Location, excellent as reported but so are a huge number of other hotels in Chicago.

Overall, I would not stay here again and that's the first RC I can say that about, really, yet, I can see the appeal if you haven't tasted other RC locations.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
TomSegesta, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Chicago (A Four Seasons Hotel), responded to this review, February 14, 2012
Dear DeansDesk,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I'm sorry to hear your stay did not live up to expectations. Please be assured I have followed up with the appropriate staff members regarding your concerns and we will certainly use your feedback to improve moving forward.

We would love to welcome you back again as a chance to improve your experience with The Ritz-Carlton Chicago. Please contact me directly for any future reservations at thomas.segesta@fourseasons.com. Thank you again for your time and for sharing your feedback with us.

thomas.segesta@fourseasons.com
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2012

Excellent location just off Michigan. Some great views of the lake and the city if you get the right room. Service is excellent, rooms are beautiful, breakfast is very good but not cheap (you're not here on a budget right?) and the bar is nice and relaxing, even if it closes too early.

A bit of a treat.

Room Tip: check the view!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
TomSegesta, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Chicago (A Four Seasons Hotel), responded to this review, February 7, 2012
Dear simcfro,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us while visiting Chicago.

We look forward to welcoming you back again. Please let us know if we can help with any future reservations. Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience with us.

thomas.segesta@fourseasons.com
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2012

I have stayed at the Ritz-Carlton in Chicago 9 times & I must go out a say 1 thing first: It's truly the best hotel in Chicago & one of the finest hotels on the Mag Mile! As with all Four Seasons Hotels, service is what truly sets apart their properties, as the RC in Chicago is at the pinnacle of this! For a 435 room hotel, the level of service I have received each & every stay is so intimate, warm, knowledgable, efficient & classy. The Front Desk is truly flawless- they have such an amazing team of people, including Kate, Sean, Jennifer, Jackie, Leticia, Christine, Pop....I could go on & on, but after staying here so many times, these amazing people have constantly exceeded my expectations!:)

The rooms are really lovely- all beginning on the 15th floor (15-31 I believe) & have everything I need- a great flat screen TV with very clear pictures, large windows with stunning views (my favorite are the Lake View rooms on the 20th floor & higher), roomy bathrooms with a nice soaking tub, fantastic beds (I dream about their beds--so good!), nice mini-bar area, soft carpet, perfect closets (I love the small area on the door where I can hang my coat, shirts, etc.), a spacious desk with complimentary internet with solid speed, & an overall decor that is very soothing & masculine- I love it! The rooms are all incredibly quiet & have large wooden doors- I've never heard street noise, people talking, or any outside noise- much appreciated when traveling!

The food from Room Service is amazing! The Salads, Eggs Benedict, Lemon Tart, Sandwiches, etc. are all so yummy! I love Deca, the hotels restaurant, for Lunch or an early dinner- I dined there for dinner over the weekend & it was flawless- the scallops currently featured were delicious! The setting for room service is lovely & their servers are kind & will always greet you warmly & special requests are always accommodated, which I really love. If your craving something that isn't on the menu, the staff will prepare it for you, which is so nice of all Four Seasons Hotels!

The Location could not be more perfect. The hotel lobby is actually located on the 12th floor, which I love, as it provides a calmer area for guests to relax in & is very large & open with always stunning floral arrangements that are always a treat to admire:) All of the shopping on the Mag Mile is right outside the door & you have immediate access to amazing dining, shops, the lake, fantastic museums, etc. Just the best area, even though I love all of the neighborhoods of the city!

It's the little details that I love most about one of my favorite hotels in the U.S.: the staff always recognizes me by name, my room is always ready for early arrival & housekeeping does an impeccable job of servicing my room~ I could constantly gush about this hotel!

I wholeheartedly recommend the hotel! I have stayed at The Peninsula, The Four Seasons (which is great, the RC Chicago's sister hotel), The James, Park Hyatt, etc., but the Ritz-Carlton is just special to me- I just love being there, truly my home in Chicago!

Patrick Winkler
31 Jan. 12

Room Tip: 2705 has an amazing lake/city view!!!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo

yourstarla
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

I learned something in Chicago - I do not want to drive on Michigan Avenue. What a nightmare. The two blocks around this lovely hotel are complete insanity. People ignore don't walk signs and cars back up, horns blaring, and I didn't think I'd ever get to the valet. I arrives so frazzled, completely overwrought. But then I walked into the RC and all was right with the world - peace, serenity and top notch service. The decor in the rooms, including a pale blue/gray wallpaper that I'm trying to track down to put in my own house, is so serene. I wanted to move in permanently.

Concierge - 10 out of 10. Front desk staff, perfect. Every single person who worked in this hotel, including room service and the restaurant, was so professional and courteous. It's the way life should always be.

We were there over the New Years Eve holiday and we participated in their NYE party. Two thumbs up. Amazing food selection, great cocktails and favors, dancing, music, and the ability to pass out in my own comfortable bed at the end of the evening.

If I end up in Chicago again, I will most certainly stay here again - if I can find it in my stomach to drive there again. ;)

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Tom Segesta

Been to The Ritz-Carlton Chicago (A Four Seasons Hotel)? Share your experiences!