I had a groupon for a facial and a massage for about $100. I would say it was worth it. I don't think I would pay $100 for just a 50 min massage unless I had a royal treatment and I knew beforehand the massage therapist was experienced. The spa was clean spacious and I felt welcomed by the staff. I arrived late due to traffic and lobby elevators were extremely slow. Note: there was a high school conference with 1000 kids running around the hotel so that is probably why elevators were slow. They took the time off of my appointment, which I thought was unfortunate, but I understand if they are busy (but didn't appear so).
Facial: I did not like the pumpkin odor of the scrub used, it was just too strong and I'm not a fan of pumpkin. I did end up buying a white tea moisturizer she used, it smelled wonderful and in Chicago it's a must. She wore gloves and only her fingers for extractions.
Massage: Osha (spelling not sure) gave me a sweedish massage and concentrated on my back. It was more of a sports massage than a relaxing calming massage, not to say it was bad or anything. She just had quick movements. I am sensitive to the back of my calves and she was respectful and applied the *perfect* amount of pressure to my calves.
I would give the professionals 5/5, but the spa itself was more clinical than relaxation. The spa was chilly, so the heated beds were nice. I used the shower before dressing. It was nice and clean but the atmosphere could use a little more spa culture (water fountain, communal area for hot tea, etc. some heat to keep it warm, the furniture was not that comfortable). It was just ok.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- North America’s most established hotel, the Palmer House Hilton first opened its doors in 1871 and has remained the place to "see and be seen" in downtown Chicago. We continue evolving to serve you with the latest conveniences and comforts in meetings, accommodations and dining - a hip and historic blend of modern nuances and Chicago cultural significance. Whether you’re holding a gala in the famed Empire Room or an intimate gathering in one of our hospitality suites, your event is sure to be a success. Here, you’ll be the host in the Chicago hotel that’s been the venue of choice for celebrities, politicians, and royalty for more than a century.When you come to the Palmer House Hilton, you don’t just stay here. You live here—even if it’s only for a night. That’s why all of our guest rooms and suites have just the right touches to make you feel right at home. You’ll sleep well on our Hilton Serenity Dream bed featuring a plush top mattress and crisp linens, lathering up with Peter Thomas Roth bath products, perceptual service and a full host of amenities to keeping you connected – from flat screen HD televisions, wired and wireless high-speed internet to alarm clocks with auxiliary ports, you’ll find everything you need to rest easy. Lockwood Restaurant, your Farm to Fork, AAA 4 Diamond destination open for breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as afternoon tea. The Lobby Bar at Lockwood is a favorite for locals and travelers alike for craft beers and craft cocktails with Palmer House private reserves and labels. Potter’s is the hip spot to enjoy a retro mix of perfectly poured libations and delectable light fare while reminiscing about the hotel’s history. The hotel is walking distance to the Blue Line and the Orange Line “L” stations for quick transport to O’Hare International Airport and Midway Airport, respectively. The Palmer House Hilton is steps to all the action along State Street including Macy’s, Nordstrom Rack, American Apparel, H&M, Block 37 Mall and the Chicago Theatre. The hotel is also a short walk to The Art Institute, Joffrey Ballet, Cadillac Theatre, Jeweler’s Row, Millennium Park, John G. Shedd Aquarium, Field Museum and Adler Planetarium. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hilton Hotels, Travelocity, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, getaroom.com, BookIt.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your The Palmer House Hilton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Palmer House Hilton Hotel Chicago
- Hilton Hotel Chicago
- Hilton Hotel Palmer
- Palmer House Chicago
- Chicago Palmer House Hilton
- Palmer House Hilton Chicago
- Palmer Hilton House
- Hilton Chicago
- Chicago Hilton