This is not a bad hotel.
When you first walk in it is a beautiful hotel. My check in was very fast with a friendly worker, no issues at all. I was even asked if I preferred to be by the elevator or not, which I thought was nice.
The room itself was generic. Nothing special could use updating for sure. However it was clean and comfortable. I was told the rooms were very tiny, however it was just me and I felt my room was standard in size. It was a little disappointing not to have a coffee pot in the room like others mentioned. I needed to depart early and none of the local coffee shops were open so having the perk of coffee in the room would have been nice especially for the cost you are paying for the room.
Overall, It was an O.K. hotel. I prefer to stay at other Hilton Hotels when I am in Chicago, but due to booking needed to stay here. I would definitely stay at one of the other hotels before this one if they were available.
- Also Known As:
- The Palmer House Hilton Hotel Chicago
- The Palmer House Hilton Hotel
- Hilton Hotel Chicago
- Hilton Hotel Palmer
- Palmer House Chicago
- Palmer House Hilton
- Chicago Palmer House Hilton
- Palmer House Hilton Chicago
- Palmer Hilton House
- Hilton Chicago
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- North America’s most established hotel, the Palmer House Hilton first opened its doors in 1871 and has remained the place to "see and be seen" in downtown Chicago. We continue evolving to serve you with the latest conveniences and comforts in meetings, accommodations and dining - a hip and historic blend of modern nuances and Chicago cultural significance. Whether you’re holding a gala in the famed Empire Room or an intimate gathering in one of our hospitality suites, your event is sure to be a success. Here, you’ll be the host in the Chicago hotel that’s been the venue of choice for celebrities, politicians, and royalty for more than a century.When you come to the Palmer House Hilton, you don’t just stay here. You live here—even if it’s only for a night. That’s why all of our guest rooms and suites have just the right touches to make you feel right at home. You’ll sleep well on our Hilton Serenity Dream bed featuring a plush top mattress and crisp linens, lathering up with Peter Thomas Roth bath products, perceptual service and a full host of amenities to keeping you connected – from flat screen HD televisions, wired and wireless high-speed internet to alarm clocks with auxiliary ports, you’ll find everything you need to rest easy. Lockwood Restaurant, your Farm to Fork, AAA 4 Diamond destination open for breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as afternoon tea. The Lobby Bar at Lockwood is a favorite for locals and travelers alike for craft beers and craft cocktails with Palmer House private reserves and labels. Potter’s is the hip spot to enjoy a retro mix of perfectly poured libations and delectable light fare while reminiscing about the hotel’s history. The hotel is walking distance to the Blue Line and the Orange Line “L” stations for quick transport to O’Hare International Airport and Midway Airport, respectively. The Palmer House Hilton is steps to all the action along State Street including Macy’s, Nordstrom Rack, American Apparel, H&M, Block 37 Mall and the Chicago Theatre. The hotel is also a short walk to The Art Institute, Joffrey Ballet, Cadillac Theatre, Jeweler’s Row, Millennium Park, John G. Shedd Aquarium, Field Museum and Adler Planetarium. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hilton Hotels, Tingo, Otel, Amex, TripOnline SA, Priceline, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Fareportal so you can book your The Palmer House Hilton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.