Best hotel in Chicago!! I've stayed in many modern hotels before, all luxury, but I can't help but love the Palmer House the most. The Hilton Chicago is great as well but so far removed from Everything else. Honestly my best memory from this trip is getting back from a long day of walking and sitting in the lobby with a box of Frango bought from Marshall Fields with my family. With the calming Christmas music and amazing ceiling it makes the perfect atmosphere.
They don't make hotels like this anymore. I tried exploring the whole thing but its just to huge! There are hallways and ballrooms, spiral staircases and old creepy ones. One time I entered a stairway that was absolutely terrifying but exciting at the same time, and when reaching the top I came out on the balcony overlooking the grand ballroom. The staff is great and gave us no attitude for searching the place from head to toe. There were others looking around its many ballrooms as well and is an Amazing building with so much history.
The rooms were very nice but obviously old. I didn't mind at all but I will warn you. The pool was old as well and not as good as some of the others I've seen in Chicago ie Marriott residence inn where the pools on the roof and has panoramic views of he city lights at night with glass windows all around you and you can go on the corner and it feels like your standing on the edge of a building. The palmer house pool has a glass roof and is in a courtyard. It does have a hot tub too which is nice. I honestly can say that whenever I go to Chicago and stay somewhere else It will not be the same.
Wish I was there right now. Stay at the Palmer house and you won't regret it.
- Also Known As:
- The Palmer House Hilton Hotel
- The Palmer House Hilton Hotel Chicago
- Hilton Hotel Chicago
- Hilton Hotel Palmer
- Palmer House Chicago
- Palmer House Hilton
- Chicago Palmer House Hilton
- Palmer House Hilton Chicago
- Palmer Hilton House
- Hilton Chicago
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Palmer House Hilton welcomes you from the moment you enter our remarkable lobby. It’s ceiling of 21 panels featuring Greek mythological scenes rich in paint and architecture could rival that of the Sistine Chapel. A perfect spot to immerse yourself in the culturally rich history of Chicago and lively buzz of passer bys while relaxing with a hand prepared cocktail or sipping from a selection of blended teas during our Afternoon Tea. Located adjacent to our Lobby, you’ll enjoy dining at Lockwood Restaurant, AAA 4 Diamond restaurant and cocktailing at Potter’s Lounge, our modern twist on a prohibition speakeasy. Our Contemporary guestrooms blend decor of warm textures and jewel tone accents synonymous with the traditional Palmer House grandeur while integrating modern media capabilities include a 37 inch flat screen television, wireless and wired internet connections and alarm clock with auxiliary port. Enjoy the Hilton Serenity Dream bed featuring a plush top mattress and crisp linens,and Peter Thomas Roth bath amenities. The hotel is walking distance to the Blue Line and the Orange Line “L” stations for quick transport to O’Hare International Airport and Midway Airport, respectively. The Palmer House Hilton is steps to all the action along State Street including Macy’s, Nordstrom Rack, American Apparel, H&M, Block 37 Mall and the Chicago Theatre. The hotel is also a short walk to The Art Institute, Joffrey Ballet, Cadillac Theatre, Jeweler’s Row, Millennium Park, John G. Shedd Aquarium, Field Museum and Adler Planetarium. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hilton Hotels, Priceline, Agoda, Amex, Olotels, Otel, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Venere, Tingo and HotelsClick so you can book your The Palmer House Hilton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.