“Great location and lots of room” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Omni Chicago Hotel

You added Omni Chicago Hotel to your Saves list
Omni Chicago Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   676 North Michigan Ave, Chicago, IL 60611 (Magnificent Mile)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #36 of 178 Hotels in Chicago
A TripAdvisor Member
“Great location and lots of room”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

The hotel rooms were all suites so lots of room. Clean and comfortable. Not much of a view. The pool was a little small. Exercise room was nice and big. Outside terraces from the pool and excercise room were very nice. Great location. Lot's of great resturants and shopping in walking distance. Self park a few blocks away for $45.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (266)
  • Turkish first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

This was our first stay at this Omni. For the money, it was worth it. We booked day of arrival for a last minute trip and got a great rate. If we had paid any more though it would not have been worth it.

The rooms are clean enough, except for the light switches and switch plates. Nothing grosses me out more than light switches with grime around them. The bathroom was clean, but the drain plug in the sink was broken so the water didn't drain fast enough.

The furnishings were nothing special. Nothing had a "wow" factor. The bed was comfortable.

The old tube tv in the bedroom was interesting. I didnt even know they made those anymore.

There are not enough outlets to plug in phones, tablets, computers, etc.

Room service was expensive but that is to be expected. It tasted fine, but nothing special.

Front desk and valet service were friendly.

The low point of our stay was when I called the front desk around 11pm to ask about our sofa sleeper. Long story short...the conversation started out pleasant enough, but when I needed a moment to verify something for the lady I was talking to, she told me she didnt have time to wait because her phones were ringing. She actually said "call me back" and HUNG UP ON ME in mid-sentence!

The high point of our stay was the last minute great rate we got.

The location of this hotel is hard to beat. It is the best thing it has going for it.

• Stayed August 2013
Omni_Manager, Manager at Omni Chicago Hotel, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
First we apologize for our front desk agent hanging up on you when you called about the sleeper sofa. This should never be a solution for phones ringing for other requests. We will make sure to pass your comments along to our front office manager to address this with our operators and associates. As far as our rooms are concerned, we are hoping to begin a renovation in the near future. In the meantime we will make sure our housekeeping team is paying special attention to the cleanliness of our rooms.
United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Overall we were disappointed in our stay at Omni for two nights for a family getaway. We are on a tight budget and this was a big splurge for us- unfortunately- it did not live up to our expectations. My husband wanted to stay at a no frills hotel downtown but I wanted the fancy Chicago experience- should have listened to him. The good: Omni put us on their "hypoallergenic floor" beause my 6 month old has allergies- really appreciated that. Breakfast at the hotel was excellent. Location can't be beat. View from our room (King corner on 21st floor) was really nice. Perks for kids (milk and cookies, backpack with toys) were a really nice touch. Delivered a fridge to us which was great since we have small kids (baby food, drinks for son, etc). The not so good: The room was dated and not up to expectations as far as cleanliness. Pull out couch looked dirty and bed was horribly uncomfortable (thankfully did not bother our 4 yo). Decorative pillows and spread were really awful- could not get them off bed fast enough. shade in bedroom did not close all of the way- had to use pillows up against window to block out the morning sun. bathroom was not entirely clean (black mold on toilet rim, sticker from previous guest on floor). carpet also not the cleanest- I am not a neat freak by any means and believe kids should be exposed to germs- but we laid a blanket on the floor before putting my 6 month old down to play. We are pretty low maintenance people and it doesn't take much to impress. We thought we got a great deal on the price for a "luxury hotel" but they just didn't deliver. I'm kind of sick to my stomach when I think about the credit card bill that is going to arrive for our stay (room, parking, one breakfast at hotel restaurant)- such a bummer!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Omni_Manager, Manager at Omni Chicago Hotel, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
We’re sorry that the cleanliness of the room was an issue during your stay, and that you were disappointed in your stay overall. We certainly strive to make sure all our rooms are cleaned to the highest standards, but we didn’t deliver on that. We will make our housekeeping team aware of your review so that we can improve on our mistakes.
Wisconsin Dells, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

When searching for a hotel close to shopping and downtown, I discoved a wonderful package deal at the Omni that would appeal to my 5 year old and her desire for an American Girl Doll. The hotel catered to her new purchase with special treats and take home items. It was pure joy to see her enjoy our stay so much.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Amenities are great for the area, close restaurants and high end shopping. 4 blocks to the red line gets you into both Baseball stadiums. Courteous, friendly and helpful staff. Unfortunately since the rooms face N.Michigan, noise from incoming ambulances can be distracting. However, I definately recommend a stay at the Chicago Omni Hotel!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Austin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

I was completely blown away by the amazing experience I had at the OMNI.Great location, unbelieveble staff ready to assist and a great atmosphere for adults and children. Whether it is for business or pleasure, I will stay at this location when I am visiting Chicago.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

I booked this hotel through Hotwire. I know it is unpredictable to know what you are getting when you bid this way. When I found out it was the Omni I was excited. It had a 4.5 rating and I knew Oprah used to put her guests there. Not the same hotel!!! Dirty run down rooms,they promised me a king room, but gave a queen with roll away bed. Beware of Hotwire and this hotel. At best I give it a 2 star rating and that's for location!

Room Tip: I don't think there is one,sorry.