“Pretty nice; great location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Omni Chicago Hotel

You added Omni Chicago Hotel to your Saves list
Omni Chicago Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   676 North Michigan Ave, Chicago, IL 60611 (Near North Side)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Parking or Rooms!
Ranked #33 of 174 Hotels in Chicago
indianapolis, IN
“Pretty nice; great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

We got a deal through Hotwire and stayed here for one night. Thanks to TA I joined their select guest program. We did get the Starbucks in the morning, which was great, but no water and no newspaper. Maybe because I only joined the day before... The location is great--perfect for our shopping trip. Everything was within walking distance. The room was pretty nice, just looked a little worn. The carpet was rippled in the center of the room and one tile was cracked in the bathroom. The bed was very comfortable and we had a nice view. I enjoyed the pool. My only real complaint was the woman who checked us in seemed a bit snobbish and not very friendly. Otherwise it was a nice stay but I'll probably check out other places on my next trip to Chicago.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Omni_Manager, Manager at Omni Chicago Hotel, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
We apologize that our front desk agent didn't make you feel welcome when you arrived. It's our top priority to make all our guests feel comfortable like they are walking into their own home. We will pass along your comments to make sure that we emphasize this to all our agents.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
  • Turkish first
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Never been to Chicago before and couldnt believe we had picked the perfect choice of hotel for my Husband & I.for five nights in the "Windy City" We had a superb junior suite on the 24th floor with a lounge with wet bar, separate bedroom and bathroom - the breakfast buffet was superb and we ate most nights in the Hotel restaurant.which was also excellent The staff were extremely helpful and nothing was too much trouble. The location of the hotel is perfect for shopping etc.
We also enjoyed the city tour and the Architectural cruise and the trolley tour - Gray Line had a shuttle to collect and return you to the hotel which was brilliant. Would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: high floor - plenty hotel lifts
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

My friends and I loved our stay at the Omni. We could walk to hours and hours of shopping on Michigan Avenue (American Girl, Disney, Crate & Barrell, Tiffany's, Gap, etc.). We walked to some great restaurants (Ralphs and Quartino were awesome!) as well as a fun show at The Baton. The breakfast buffet was amazing with made to order omletes, homemade preserves, homemade sausage with blueberries, pastries, fresh berries and other fruit, potatos, and much more! We had excellent service, and a perfectly clean room.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Annapolis, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Omni, is just off the Magnificent Mile across from the Apple Store. It is convenient to all the shopping you'd want to do and 2 blocks over and 2 blocks up from the Red line, so easy to walk to after you take the train from Midway Airport. No need to rent a car and deal with the hassles and expensive parking associated with city driving.

We booked thru Hotels.com, great deal for three nights stay. We had a suite on the 21st floor, and initially we cringed when we discovered we were the room against the elevator shaft. It turned out to be a non-issue, as the rooms were quite quiet from elevator noise. All the rooms apparently are suites and ours was no exception. There is a sitting area with a big screen tv and a walk thru bathroom the links the sitting area to the sleeping area. There is also a second entrance to the sleeping area from the sitting room. My only gripe was a basic tv in the bedroom and the flat screen in the sitting area. Either swap them or get a nicer tv in the sleeping area.

There was turn down service every night, and the staff was all very friendly. We've made this trip on the first weekend of December for a few years now, always eploring new hotels with each visit. I think this one will be a repeatable location for us.

Room Tip: Go as high as you can to minimize the noise from Michigan Ave, but it's not really bad anyway.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thanks for choosing to stay with us during your annual Chicago trip. As far as the TVs are concerned, we will be upgrading both TVs to flat screens during our renovation. We're so glad you enjoyed your stay, and we hope to see you next December.
london
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

this place could not have been better located but definitely not 4.5 star hotel. have to get elevator up to reception then change elevators to floor a little annoying when busy. restaurant and bar excellent and i have to say the bar maid was a genius with her cocktails you have to have one and the waiting staff were so friendly and helpful. cheese board worth a go too. the room we got first was a twin as no kings left even though booked this so not a comfortable first night but second room was great corner room with lots of light and a huge window behind bed. join omni rewards wifi expensive otherwise. the hotel needed some updating but on the whole good. gym facilities good and so is pool which is located through the gym as difficult to find

Room Tip: get a corner king room windows and view beautiful.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thanks for taking the time to post a review. We're sorry that we only had a two double bed room upon check-in, but glad we were able to move you to a corner suite the next day. We are currently in the early stages of planning our room renovation. We hope you will come back and see the final product when it's complete.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

We planned a girls weekend in Chicago and choose the Omni Hotel. In every way we were impressed by all staff members, their friendliness, helpfulness, and timeliness was suburb. The location was excellent, we could walk everywhere we wanted to go. Our favorite meal of the weekend was the Omni's breakfast buffet. Delicious pastries and breads, delectable meats, and the freshest fruits.

• Stayed December 2012
Shenandoah, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Having stayed here a few years ago for a meeting, I decided to book the same hotel again, having nice memories of the place. I have to say that I will not be coming back. The hotel has 2 good points: Location (a half block from Michigan Ave, nicely situated between points of interest and shopping) and large suites. Getting in is odd, as you first enter a small lobby, take an elevator to the 3rd floor (where the front desk is) and then a separate elevator up to the rooms. There was almost no holiday decorations, as opposed to every other Michigan Ave hotel. The staff was moderately friendly, except that the concierge was not but the doormen definitely were (neutral). However, the bellman took my luggage to the front desk and no further, leaving me to lug it up to my room. I signed up for their preferred program but got no water and never had Starbucks delivered to my room like others have mentioned.

However, the rest of the stay was marred the a number of bad points. First was the room. The room, while clean, and big, was otherwise unremarkable. Flat screen in the sitting room offset by small bedroom TV, and the furniture was OK. The bed was not particularly comfortable, unless you like very firm mattresses, but was without lumps. My room was next to the elevators, and the bed is against that wall, so elevator noise kept me up the first night, but the bed was far enough away that hall noise was minimal. The towels were very scratchy and thin, especially for a nicer hotel, and while normally I do not notice this much, the toilet paper was single ply and so rough that it felt as I was receiving dermabrasion.

Housekeeping was spotty. Had turn down service only once my entire stay, and on 2 of 4 nights, they forgot to replace the travel cups so I could take a cup of coffee with me as I walked to the shuttle bus. Little things, but made my stay noticeably less comfortable.

Upon coming out of the elevator on 3 of my 4 nights at the hotel, the hallway literally reeked if cigarette smoke, so much so that I went back down and asked if they had mistakenly put me on a smoking floor (the entire hotel is nonsmoking I found out). As far as I could tell, no effort was made to stop the smoking form occurring, although they did send someone to liberally spray air freshener up and down the hall each time.

Overall, I would not recommend this hotel at this point based on my stay. On my next visit, I will probably go with the Westin, Marriott, or Intercontinental.

Room Tip: Get a higher room to avoid traffic noise and do not get one by the elevator!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Omni_Manager, Manager at Omni Chicago Hotel, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
We apologize that we didn't provide help getting your bags to your room. You are right. The little things do add up. We're sorry that you had to deal with cigarette smoke in the hallway, a lack of attention to detail from housekeeping and a bed that wasn't very comfortable. When a guest is smoking on one of our floors we do everything possible to locate the source and warn them to stop or else we will have to remove them from the hotel. We also charge a large cleaning fee to any guest who smokes in the room to discourage it. We know you will most likely try another hotel next time you are in Chicago, but we hope that if you don't find a better place that you will give us another try.

Been to Omni Chicago Hotel? Share your experiences!