“Omni Chicago ..my kinda town” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Omni Chicago Hotel

You added Omni Chicago Hotel to your Saves list
Omni Chicago Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   676 North Michigan Ave, Chicago, IL 60611 (Near North Side)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Parking or Rooms!
Ranked #34 of 174 Hotels in Chicago
London, England, United Kingdom
“Omni Chicago ..my kinda town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

A great spot right in the middle of Michigan Avenue ...so perfect for shops & tourist stuff.
The hotel has a decent pool & an excellent gym.
The rooms are a little jaded but very comfortable & well equipped but you can hear other occupants so the walls are thin , so don't get a room near the lifts.

Room Tip: The walls are thin , so don't get a room near the lifts.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

clean large suite rooms. nice tv. very quiet. small pool area. parking very expensive $54. i would recommend this hotel. close to everything on michigan avenue. great place to stay when your need a getaway to the city!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

This is a good choice of hotel if you want to be close to Michigan Ave and north of the river. It is an all suite hotel so the rooms all have a living room and separate bedroom. Both rooms are a bit on the smaller side but combined give two people enough room. The rooms could use a little but of updating but otherwise it was comfortable. The bathroom is a bit tight. Overall a good option for Chicago especially if you want to be near Michigan

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Germantown, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

On company business, during a very crazy tme (Hurricane Sandy was about to hit the East Coast), I stayed at the Omni Chicago 4 days. The good things: the room was spacious and the view vey nice. Although they don't give you a refrigerator and microwave, you can request one. I like to eat different food (and left overs) at odd times and this convenience is a necessity for me. Housekeeping kept the place immaculate. They brought water at night and check on you for any needs. I love the turn down service. Selecting coffee for the morning is a very nice touch. Free WIFI in the room with Omni membership is good as it is not so convenient to have to get internet access in the hotel lobby area. Front desk, doormen and conceierge were all excelent in their service and response to requests. The conceirge will print your boarding pass for you and he gave helpful tips. He also arranged airport shuttle service for me. The location of the hotel is in a good area of Chicago (safe), convenient to the Water Tower, shopping and famous popcorn. The downsides: I like to work on my laptop in the bedroom and I could not find a decent connection in the bedroom area to plug in my laptop, cell phone and IPAD. I actually had to use a plug way up in the closet fo get an outlet I could use. A power strip would have been helpful as I couldn't even get to the outlets that had the clock and lamps plugged in by the hotel, they were way behind the bed I believe. The tub was stopped up with slow drainage but they did send someone to fix it at my request. Oddly I found the bathrooms on the lobby floor had plumbing problems too (3 of 4 stalls had backed up toilets) so maybe it is just the plumbing in the hotel is old? The lobby is okay but I didn't find it as comfy for business travellers. For example, if you want to drink coffee and snack while waiting for people, there aren't enough mini tables and seating if with a large group. The chairs must be old and need touch up, I got a splinter from just moving one chair around and it took a day to dig that out of my hand, ouch! For the price of the hotel, the chain name, I was expecting more elegance and business convenience for the lobby lounge area. I think overall the service responses to requests made up for things but I know some hotel guests would find it annoying to have to even make requests. Some hotel chains normally have the front desk call your room after check in to find out if anything else is needed but since I do speak up, that wasn't necessary.

Room Tip: As for refrigerator and microwave at check in if you want this convenience. I asked for the refrige...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Omni_Manager, Manager at Omni Chicago Hotel, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Thanks for choosing to stay with us during your business trip. We're glad we could make your time with us comfortable during a crazy time. Thank you for mentioning the issue with outlets. We should have offered to bring you a power strip. We are currently evaluating the new design for our future renovation, and we will certainly take this into consideration as it's essential to have an easily accessible places to power phones, laptops and accessories. Regarding our lobby and seating, our new redesign should address many of these comments.
Howell, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

My son & I joined my husband on a work trip. We planned to swim while he was working. We overheard a lady asking when the pool would open as as we were checking in. Though my son was eager to swim as soon as we checked in the pool was still closed at 630 pm. We gave up & went out for the evening. We had a very noisy sleepless night. We weren't facing MI ave, but still heard sirens and I'm not sure what the other noise was, but it sounded like a malfunctioning hand dryer in our ceiling that would sound off about 20x an hour throughout the entire night. I called the front desk the next morning and was told the pool was open, so my (very excited) son got his bathing suit on and we got to the fitness center only to be told by housekeeping that the pool was closed for construction. Upon calling the front desk again the lady claimed she was unaware of the maintenance crew's actions & on my insistence she said she'd look into it. A gentleman called back an hour later & said the pool should open at 5pm...it was 9am. It is now 6pm & we still haven't even seen the pool. We check out tomorrow. We passed up time with grandparents who are in for the holiday to "swim in Chicago." Needless to say we are VERY disappointed.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
We understand that time with grandparents is precious and limited, and our lack of correct information made you miss out on time to visit with them. First, we apologize for the pool closure. Every couple years we close the pool for a day to drain the water and resurface it. Unfortunately it happened during your stay with us. While we couldn't reschedule the job, we could have done a much better job of communicating to you when it would be re-opened. While this experience probably doesn't make you want to return to the hotel, we hope you will consider staying with us next time you are in town. We will make sure to get the correct information on any closures so you can make plans without having to change them.
Milwaukee, WI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

My family stayed in a couple of rooms at the Omni just ahead of Christmas shopping season. This hotel is just off of Michigan Ave and perfect for walking access to the stores. Rooms were great; spacious, clean and pretty upscale. Very comfortable bed (we had a king). Unlike earlier reviews, we had no noise problems (our room was on the 16th floor facing west). The lobby area is on the 3rd floor which was fine once you know that. It's not obvious. We did not use either the work-out facilities or the restaurant. We used a discount site to book the rooms; I was happy with the rate we paid, but being a bit on the cheap side I would be disappointed to pay more than $250 per night.

Room Tip: Rooms on high floors facing west overlook St. James' cathedral, which is relatively low so at le...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Midwest
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I've stayed here a few years ago and enjoyed the stay. I have to say that now I'm seeing some accents could use a little "sprucing up", for example, the bathroom fixtures and the room desk are showing the wear and tear. However, we had a clean room and had a fine sleep. Didn't stay long, room might get cramped if you're planning a stay of more than a few days. Not particularly spacious. Convenient location. Our quick stay was quite satisfactory.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Omni_Manager, Manager at Omni Chicago Hotel, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to post a review. Our suites are 400 square feet with french doors separating the living area from the bedroom. We do have larger suites available for room upgrades for guests looking for more space.

Been to Omni Chicago Hotel? Share your experiences!