“Location and style” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Omni Chicago Hotel

You added Omni Chicago Hotel to your Saves list
Omni Chicago Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   676 North Michigan Ave, Chicago, IL 60611 (Magnificent Mile)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #38 of 177 Hotels in Chicago
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Oakville, Canada
“Location and style”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Stayed here for a fun long weekend away for a first time visit to Chicago. Although this hotel is on the pricey side (parking $40 per day) it is well worth it. Its located right off the Magnificent mile and within walking distance to just about everything. The hotel is very modern and clean, rooms were perfect for our stay. We had a separate living area and large bathroom. Breakfast was delivered to our room every morning and it was great.

Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Omni_Manager, Manager at Omni Chicago Hotel, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
We're so glad you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for taking the time to post a review. Just a reminder for future guests, our valet parking rate is $54 per day and includes unlimited in and out privileges.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (253)
  • Turkish first
Green Bay, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

I travel quite a bit for business but this is my first stay at an Omni Hotel! Well after this I want to stay at one all the time! I had a pretty long day and I called for room service. Those of us that travel know you normally get few comments from the other end. Well April took my call and truly made my day and business trip amazing and memorable! Not only did she recognize I had a long day and ensured my order was delivered on time and perfect but she called me about two hours later to make sure that ,"I ended my day with a smile"!

All I can say as I can't believe amazing service like that still exists! I am still smiling! Thank you April and thank you Omni Chicago for the positive experience!!!

Dawn

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
April makes all our guests feel special, and we couldn't be more lucky to have her on our team. We really appreciate the comments. We'll be sure to let April know she made your day, and we hope to see you in Chicago soon.
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

We stay two times in August 2012, the first time on the 19th floor and the second on the 11th. Both stays were great. Both times we ordered a mini fridge (the one in the room is packed with beverages) and a knife to cut limes and both items were brought to us quickly and always with a smile. Our room on the 11th floor overlooked Michigan street. The only drawback was that Elan Furs is right across the street, and their sign is huge, white and back lit. The light hit the ceiling above our bed at night and was really bright. We like to keep the curtains open for morning light but that sign made it impossible. Our room overlooking Huron was much better in that regard. Turn down service every night was terrific, and included fresh ice in the ice bucket. Also, great beverage service every morning! The concierge really knew his stuff and helped us get tickets to a good show at Second City. The gym was the largest hotel gym I've ever seen. My only complaint is that the business center required you to pay ~$7 for 15 minutes of computer use. We had a hot spot in our room, but needed the internet for just a moment, and to print something. They do allow you to print your boarding passes for free, but that is not what I needed. I can only imagine they are trying to curb printing costs, but there has to be a better way. I would have gladly paid per page, or something reasonable. Other than that, this hotel is well situated, completely comfortable, and the staff is very service-oriented. Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: I'd stay on higher floors to avoid light and potential traffic noise.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Grand Ledge, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

My 6 year old granddaughter and I stayed there this summer; great location - close to Water Tower (and American Girl Place, of course!). Excellent restaurant with all local ingredients on the grounds. Kid-friendly!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
We're glad to hear you and your granddaughter had a great time. Thanks for choosing to stay with us, and we hope you'll come back next time you're in Chicago.
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

a group of us stayed at the omni in january for my birthday, we had two rooms and even though chicago lived up to its nickname "the windy city" and even the tough Canadians among us felt cold, we had the best time and the omni hotel was a part of that. the suite rooms were beautiful and spacious and the staff was excellent. I travel a fair bit and I still think this was the best hotel I've ever stayed at.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Kirkland, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Great stay for work over several days. The Omni is within walking distance of everything, and the staff at Omni are so helpful and ready to do anything. That is what makes a stay really special. Excited staff that work to help and please their customer. The rooms are two room, what I would call mini suites, with a sitting area, and bathroom connected to both rooms.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Peterborough, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Had a mini holiday with my wife and some good friends in Chicago. We stayed at the Omni and were very happy with everything. Great location ,we were able to walk to most of the attractions from the Chicago Art Institute, to the Historic Architecture Boat Cruise( would highly recommend both) also close to many great restaurants, bars and world class shopping.
The service at the hotel was top notch, rooms were clean and comfortable. Very nice restaurant and bar in the hotel. Great experience !

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Omni Chicago Hotel? Share your experiences!