“Highly recommend it” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile

You added Hilton Garden Inn Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile to your Saves list
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile
Ranked #40 of 174 Hotels in Chicago
Columbus, Ohio
“Highly recommend it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2008

I stayed at this hotel alone for one night and was not disappointed. I chose the hotel based on the good rate I found rather than location, which was not a factor for me.

My room, 2119, was very clean and aesthetically pleasant. The bathroom was clean with Neutrogena products provided. There was a microwave and small fridge. The bed was wonderful, very fluffy pillows. I did not want to crawl out after a great night's sleep. I did take note of how quiet it was. I'm used to hearing people in the hallways or next door regardless of the type of hotel I stay in but this was not the case here.

I would stay here again.

Stayed February 2008

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
  • Turkish first
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2008

My husband and I stayed in this hotel for 4 nights in January 2008. The hotel was a in a great central location close to all of the local tranport. The hotel has recently been refurbished and the rooms are lovely and bright. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the Chicago area.

• Stayed January 2008, traveled with family
Wellington, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2008

We booked this hotel after reading other reviews on tripadvisor and we were not disappointed. This hotel is definitely more than a three star in our eyes.
Checking in was painless and we were able to check in early with no problem. The staff were friendly and helpful.
The room was lovely, beds extremely comfortable. The room was very clean and tidy. The housekeeping did an exceptional job everyday we stayed there.

The location was excellant also, very easy to walk to the Magnificent Mile and into the city. The hop on and off bus stop was not that far away either.

Overall it was the best accomodation for value for money we have stayed in.

• Liked — Rooom was lovely, excellant beds
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with family
Indianapolis, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2008

I'll preface by saying the hotel is being renovated and should be complete in March; we stayed on an "old" floor, so take some things in stride.
We went for a weekend shopping trip and booked a room because of a decent price and good location. The check-in and all interactions with the staff was excellent. They were friendly, professional, informative, helpful and always pleasant.
The room seemed small at first because of the dark colors, but is really adequate with a small kitchenette & nice work area. The work station had a nice-sized desk, comfortable office chair and was well lit.
I don't hear well, so if I note it, it is definitely loud. The old heat/cooling unit was rather loud (and annoying). The sirens from below bothered my wife (we were on the 14th floor). It wasn't a busy weekend, but we both heard everything in the hallway.
The bed was comfortable for me, too soft for my wife.
The bathroom was clean, and the rest of the room seemed okay, but had some suspicious deficiencies, such as stains on the chair, drapery, wall and ceiling (don't ask me!). The TV hutch was very dusty on top (we were going to store some purchases out of the way there...we decided against it). The carpet probably could have used a good cleaning. I'm not sure how much they've been delaying maintenance because of the renovation, so some issues might be rectified by. (To be fair, I did not contact the management about the situation).
Room service is from either the Weber Grill (on the ground floor) or from Buca de Beppo (on block east). We had ribs at the Weber Grill (they were good) but that's another story.
Given the service, price and location, and assuming that the renovations reduce the noise and cleanliness issues, we would recommend this property as a good base for your time in downtown Chicago.

• Liked — Friendly staff, good location
  • Disliked — Cleanliness
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2008

Great hotel, very clean and smart, very friendly and helpful staff, good food, free internet, great location, not too big nor small...just great really!
Stay here all the time when in Chicago!

• Liked — Hotel Atmosphere!
  • Disliked — nothing!
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
Chicago
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2008

Not a place to stay for the customer service or the price. I hope this keeps at least one person or more from staying here. Maid service will knock on your door at 7:30 regardless of Do not distrub sign. I stay mostly at Hilton properties (Hilton Honors Gold Member) and this has been the worst. I called the front desk to have the maid comeback and she continued to try to get into the room until I opened the door and said go away. When I checked out they were no apologies or resolution. I was told that they were busy and wanted to have the room ready for the next guest. Checkout time was 11 and I was not able to check into the room until after 4pm when I arrived 3 days earlier. It was a total lack of respect that was undeserved. Hotel Management was no help and did not speak very good english. They would not return calls and I registered a complaint with the Honors line. Even the Hampton Inn has a policy of 100% satisfaction. This does not extend to the Hilton Garden. I work for a major Vendor and attend the RSNA every year. I will not stay there again and have instructed my travel agent who books room in June for this conference not to place anyone there if at all possible.

Gold Hilton Honors Member.

• Stayed November 2007
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2008

The Hilton Garden Inn Downtown/Magnificent Mile provides good accommodations, great location, and a reasonable price. Located at State/Grand, the hotel: is a couple of blocks from the Magnificent Mile shopping area, has a subway station (Grand, on Red Line) right at its door, and has numerous restaurants in walking distance. Rooms are not lavish or large, but are clean and decent, provide a mini-fridge, mini-microwave and coffee maker. Small business center has 3 computers with free Internet access (used by a couple of teenaged girls surfing MySpace when I was there). There is a small pool and tiny fitness room. Weber Grill restaurant is a decent chain-type bar/restaurant for steaks/ribs/burgers.

• Liked — Location and value
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile? Share your experiences!