I was planning a trip to Chicago for a couple months now. After researching every hotel I could afford, I decided to book the Hampton Inn & Suites Downtown Chicago, and I sure don't regret that.
Once I finally got through the crazy amounts of traffic, I arrived at the hotel. I was worried about where I would park (it's downtown Chicago, barely any parking), but they had a swerve in where we could park our car until the valet got it. We went into the lobby and checked in. The lobby is very nice and comforting, and you could tell just by the looks of it that the hotel was either recently built or recently renovated; it had a modern feel to it. The lady that checked us in was very friendly and even made some small talk with us. It was nice that the customer service there didn't act like robots, they made you feel welcome.
After we got checked in, we were given a card with the access codes for the complimentary Wifi, and we were given a card for the valet service which we would need with us when we wanted to get our car obviously. The valet took our car and brought it to wherever the dedicated parking was, and we went up to our room.
The room was very nice. It was $89 a night; the standard room with double queen beds. Very modern and cozy. I was a bit disappointed that there wasn't a mini-fridge or a microwave, but they had complimentary breakfast so I guess we wouldn't have had much of a need for that. I guess I would've liked to see a bit more in it, but I guess that's what I get for picking a standard room, eh? Anyway, the beds were very comfortable, and the room was very clean. It had a nice flatscreen TV and a desk, chair, etc. The bathroom was clean and had a nice big shower.
Getting to sleep wasn't difficult at all. Others have complained about the fire station nearby, but the sirens didn't go off during the night (if they did, then I slept right through them). The bedding was clean, but I slept on my own blanket and pillows anyway.
Leaving the hotel and getting my car from the valet was painless. All you do is call down to the front desk about 15 minutes in advance of your departure of the hotel, then the valet will go and get your car and have it ready in the swerve in. The valet people were very careful and we didn't see a scratch on our car (yes, we carefully examined it after every time we got the car like the sign outside says). At first I was skeptical about the valet service. $42 a night? Seems like a lot, but it was well worth it. Not having to worry about finding a parking space and the risk of your car getting stolen was great. Because the hotel is right in downtown Chicago, you can basically go anywhere in just walking distance, and it was quite entertaining to walk around for a couple hours and just look at all of the buildings, skyscrapers, etc. There were plenty restaurants near the hotel, and a large variety too. There's an excellent restaurant that you can access from inside the Hampton Inn called the Rosebud Trattoria. It's an Italian restaurant, and the food was great. A little pricey, but I got Cheese Ravioli for $14 (I believe), and that was great. More than enough to fill me up. There were also several bars, BBQ places, even a McDonalds, all in walking distance.
The hotel had many great features. They had a nice pool and hot tub which was nice to wind down in in the evening. The complimentary Wifi was great I was expecting to have to pay for it, so I was more than happy with it. The complimentary breakfast was also great too. Not your typical cold cereal breakfast. They had fresh omelets, hot meat, make-your-own-waffles, muffins, bagels, toast, various fresh pastries, cereal, milk, juice, coffee, and many other things which was delicious.
I think I've covered about everything. If you're looking for an affordable yet modern hotel in Downtown Chicago, this is DEFINITELY for you. If I go back to Chicago (which I plan on) I will definitely be staying here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience downtown Chicago from our Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown hotel. Located in the heart of trendy River North neighborhood, you're in the ideal location to Chicago's entertainment, shopping and dining venues, with easy access to Navy Pier and Michigan Avenue shops. Explore the Loop's business and theater districts, or discover Field Museum, Adler Planetarium or Shedd Aquarium with your kids during your stay. Start your day with the convenience of Hampton's free hot breakfast. Enjoy free WiFi throughout the hotel. We offer a fitness center, indoor swimming pool, whirlpool and dry sauna. End the day with a reservation at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse connected to our hotel by sky bridge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Hilton Hotels, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotels.com, Otel, getaroom.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Chicago - Downtown
- Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown Hotel Chicago
- Hampton Inn Chicago Downtown
- Chicago Hampton Inn