“Great Location” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Orange, California
“Great Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

We only had two days to spend in Chicago this time, and this was our first stay at Hampton Inn Downtown. We found the room to be quite clean and comfortable. it was very close to restaurants and attractions, and right across the street from the fire station. Not a big deal, since being downtown you will always hear sirens, but can get a bit noisy. The staff was friendly and accommodating, and the breakfast was fresh and plentiful. Additionally, the rate was far less than comparable hotels in the area. Will return.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Alex S, Guest Experience Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Hello Pegi,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. I'm happy you were able to take full advantage of our location and our breakfast. We have one of the best complimentary breakfasts I've ever seen in hotels. Plus, our location like you said is great. Its perfect for nearly any purpose of visit to Chicago. I'm glad to hear that you'll be returning and we look forward to having you as our guest!

f:312-830-0333

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (334)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Harrington Park
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

another hampton winner. don't miss the breakfast buffet. staff helpful as well. good location to downtown. small, but efficient fitness center. book your airport limo return in advance. price within reason

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hey Neil,

I really appreciate the great comments regarding out hotel and team! I'm glad you enjoyed your experience with us. Our breakfast buffet and staff are two of the best things about our hotel, and its good to know you were able to enjoy our breakfast while you were with us. All in all I would have to agree with you 100% in that we are worth the money... and then some. Hopefully we have a chance to have you as our guest again in the future.

Blacksburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

The location of the Hampton Inn in River North is ideal for exploring the city. We lived in the Chicago suburbs for many years before moving away. Our Summer vacation took us back to Chicago with our son who was too young to remember Chicago when we left. We chose the Hampton Inn Chicago because of it's Tripadviser reviews and proximity to restaurants and public transportation. The hotel & rooms are nice and the staff is friendly. We stayed in a suite so that our son had his "own room" and we did too. The sound of the city can be a bit loud, but ear plugs help greatly (available at the front desk). We did not have breakfast at the hotel, but chose to explore some restaurants that specialize in breakfast. Overall, it was a good hotel, but we did not feel that it was worthy of a #1 ranking on Tripadviser.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Alex S, Guest Experience Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Hey Rick,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review and for the kind words about our hotel. I'm glad you were able to stay in one of our suites and have the extra room. They're so spacious it makes them perfect for traveling families. Our location is great so its nice that you were all able to take advantage of that while you were with us. I hope we have the chance to see you next time you come into the city.

Oconomowoc, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

I wasn't surprised. I always get great service. This hotel was near everything I needed to get to. The staff was friendly. There's a bar area downstairs that I didn't use this time, but looked to be very nice

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Alex S, Guest Experience Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown, responded to this review, June 29, 2014
Hello Linn,

Thank you so much for all the great compliments about our hotel. I'm glad we worked out perfectly for you, and I hope you truly enjoyed your experience with us. Hopefully we can have you as our guest again in the future.

Jersey, Channel Islands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

My Mum and I recently returned from a few days in Chicago. Have stayed here before and decided to upgrade to a suite this time. Loads of space, and having a coffee percolator in the room was perfect. Outdoor terrace was disappointingly bare, nothing like the picture on the website but couldn't complain otherwise. Loads of choice at breakfast. Very convenient location for all downtown and easy to get to from the airport on the blue line. Still haven't seen everything so will be back again ...

Hey JoeySarah,

I really appreciate the great review and all the compliments about our hotel and staff. I'm happy to know you'll be back, and I have good news. Our outdoor terrace will be more inviting than when you were with us. We are in the process of revamping part of it and have progressively taken some stuff out of the area in order to prepare for the job. Also, we have brand new furniture we will be putting out as soon as it wraps up in a week or so. Hopefully if you return you'll be able to enjoy it. Hope you had a safe trip home!

Dudley, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

My husband, daughter & I stayed at Hampton Inn & Suites conveniently located in the downtown area making it easy to walk to all the places that we had planned to see! Very clean & QUIET! I never heard anyone at all while there. The beds lie GREAT! Such a great hotel! Enjoyed the Continental breakfast! I do recommend this hotel for anyone wanting to enjoy the CITY LIFE!

The Outlaw's, North Carolina

Room Tip: Our room was perfect!
Green Features: You have a choice if you'd like to use your towels twice .... to save the environment!
Hey Bonnie,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us! I'm happy to know your family had a good vacation and appreciate you including us to be part of it. Like you said, our beds are GREAT! I slept in them for the first time this winter when I got stuck in from a winter storm, and I was really impressed with how comfortable they were. Considering I have a bad back I'm quite picky. I hope we get to have your family as our guests again in the future!

Shanghai, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

I stayed here for the whole thanksgiving week last year. Staff was friendly, and the hotel had everything we would be needing then. The location is convenient, and the room clean. The brand offers free and hot breakfast every day. Besides,I like free printing services Hilton provides(as always^_^)

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Hey HHHCCCYYY,

I appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review and for the compliments about our hotel and staff. I hope you enjoyed your experience with us over that holiday week. I would have to agree we are really affordable for all that we offer for being in the city. I hope we get to see you again next year, or even sooner!

f:312-830-0333

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown? Share your experiences!