“Class Act” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Missouri City, TX, United States
“Class Act”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

My wife and I went to Chicago for our 30th wedding anniversary and we wanted a hotel that was close to the downtown attraction. The Hampton fit the bill. The staff was attentive and welcoming. The room and all facilities were clean, and to top it off, the front desk personnel remember that we were celebrating our anniversary and sent a complimentary bottle of wine to our room. Very impressive!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1,326 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (305)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Marshall, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

We chose this Hampton Inn because of its location and the price. We were not disappointed. Our stay was 2 nights long.

PROS: located in a nice area of Chicago, less than 2 blocks off the Magnificent Mile, one block to the red line train, one block from free Trolley, close to several restaurants. Clean, well-maintained property, large dining area on 2nd floor, 3 elevators for multi-story property so that we were never waiting overly long, incredibly organized front desk staff* and attentive doorman.

*we walked to several sites and caught the train to Wrigley Field. The front desk maintains a file with hand-held notes outlining directions to a variety of places, particularly train and bus instructions; just ask!

CONS: valet parking only (but this is common in all downtown hotels). The price was cheaper here than at other Hilton properties we checked in Chicago. Chicago is a noisy city, so expect noise. Other reviewers noted the close proximity of a fire station. We asked for a room away from this noise and were granted a room as requested. The view wasn't great, but we slept well. You decide! There was a hum on our AC. I wear earplugs so it was not a bother, but I did mention it as I left and the front desk staff asked enough questions that I believe it will be addressed.

I taxied over to the Art Institute for $5, then walked back easily. My husband took a bus to the Field Museum for $2.25 and taxied back for $8.

We ate nearby at the Weber Grill Restaurant and Cantina Laredo, both good. There are many other options.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Michael F, Assisant General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
I am so glad that you were able to really enjoy yourself while you were here with us. We pride ourselves on having unbeatable service as well as an excellent location. I can assure you that we take each and every guest comment very seriously and that the issue with the AC was repaired.

I hope to see you on your next trip to Chicago.
North Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

We stayed 4 nights at this property and it was wonderful. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room we had was a King Suite and it was clean and nicely decorated. The breakfast was a usual Hampton Inn breakfast, however, the staff was friendly and helpful and the breakfast area was very roomy. Hotel is located perfect for the Navy Pier free trolley, the Red line train and Hop on Tour bus. There could be some noise from the local Fire Department, but we stayed on the opposite side of the building and was not bothered by it. Some noise (vibration) from the L Train near-by by acceptable. We would for sure stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for room above 5th floor and opposite side of Fire Department
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Michael F, Assistant General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
THANK YOU so much, HerschelChester, for sharing the experience of your recent post-Thanksgiving stay with us here at the Hampton Inn & Suites. We are so delighted that you took time out from your busy schedule to write this awesome review. Our team always strives to give the service our guests expect & deserve which will hopefully keep you & your family returning to our property for years & years to come.

All the Best!
Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I spent five nights here on a business/pleasure trip. The room was fine, and I never heard noise from other rooms, although there is night-time noise from downtown Chicago, including sirens, etc. The staff was outstanding in its friendliness, etc. A big shout-out to Damian at the front desk, who was able to not only extricate a broken corkscrew from a wine cork, but also open the bottle of wine for us. I left a pair of spare glasses in my room after I checked out, and they were mailed to me after they were located at no extra charge (unlike a hotel in St. Louis I once stayed in where they charged me the shipping for items I had left behind.) The free wifi was fine, and I enjoyed the breakfast buffet, especially the waffle maker. The breakfast staff replenished items when they ran out. My only complaint was that the oatmeal was runny several of the days. The hotel is a great location to walk to most of the tourist destinations or to get to mass transit.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

We recently (July 2013) stayed at the Hampton Inn + Suites Chicago and had a wonderful experience. The staff were remarkably friendly and helpful, the rooms were immaculate, the morning complimentary breakfast suited all of our differing breakfast preferences, and the location was perfect - lots of nearby restaurants, a grocery store, walking distance to most attractions, and easy access to public transportation. The pool, although small, was a refreshing break after a day of site seeing. Cannot recommend it highly enough.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 8th floor. No problems with noise.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your experience of your recent visit with us at the Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown. We greatly appreciate you taking time out from your busy schedule to write us a review.

I am pleased to hear that our accommodations and location were a perfect match for you. I would also like to thank you for the recognition to our staff. My team and I truly put our hearts into this hotel and I hope our culture here has made your stay an exceptional one.

We look forward to having you back with us at the Hampton on your next trip to Chicago.

All the best!
Quincy, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Lovely corner suite comfortably slept 6. Easy access to buses,the RedLine and the Magnificient Mile. Would definately stay here again. be sure to enjoy the Terrace next to the Pool. The staff was very helpful and very in touch with what was happening in the city.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Michael F, Assitant General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown, responded to this review, August 4, 2013

All the best!
Holmes Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

From the moment I contacted the group sales department, my event was treated as something special. The outdoor terrace next to the pool was ideal for our welcoming BBQ on the 4th of July. The staff provided music, strings of lights, and served an excellent meal. The breakfast room worked perfectly for our final meal of pizza and salad. No matter who was working with us. . .from front desk to bellhops to breakfast staff to housekeeping. . .their attitude and attention to our needs exceeded my expectations. The suite rooms are generously sized and worked well for the nine families in our group. All had microwaves, small refrigerators, and sinks. The corner suite that my husband and I stayed in served as our hospitality room with a full-sized refrigerator, stove top, sink and dishwasher, plus a dining area and plenty of windows for the kids to check out life on the streets of Chicago. We had a wonderful five-day stay and look forward to returning.

Room Tip: Our 11th floor room overlooked Chicago's Fire Station #1. Watching the fire trucks provided gre...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown? Share your experiences!