“Better than our expectations!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Now and Save 15%
Ranked #26 of 168 hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Better than our expectations!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

My hubby booked our room (i was uneasy because this is normally my job) which I thought was a bit pricey compared to another hotel I had already booked. We went with Hampton since there was a pool and hot breakfast!
We arrived 3 hours early, greeted by a friendly doorman. The hotel stored our luggage and we were able to hang out at the pool/terrace, which our kids thoroughly enjoyed.
Once in the room we were shocked that this very roomy, beautiful suite only had one room (double beds)...my uneasiness of the hubby booking was correct! Since there's 6 of us with a hubby who stands 6'5, this was not going to be a comfy stay. After my husband explained the mix up about the double room (he thought it had double bedrooms; which they do not at all!) the manager on duty accommodated us as best he could due to it being a packed house for the 4th of July. We were very grateful & pleasantly pleased!
All of the employees were professional &courteous from the moment we arrived until departure! Will certainly recommend to others.

• Stayed July 2013
Janita W, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thank you MommyZof4 for sharing your experience of you and your family's recent visit with us at the Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown. We greatly appreciate you taking time out from your busy schedule to write us a review.

I'm sure your husband tried his best so please don't be too hard on him. I am happy that the manager on duty made sure that you and your family were as comfortable as possible. Each and every member of our team always strives to give the service our guests expect and deserve from check in to check out, and beyond. We truly put our hearts into this hotel and I hope our culture here has made your stay an exceptional one.

We look forward to having you and your family back with us at the Hampton on your next trip to Chicago.

1,323 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (307)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Hardy, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Hampton Inn & Suites on Illinois St in Chicago is a great location for seeing Chicago. Within a block of a 'L station. Great breakfasts. Friendly staff. Room was great - temperature ideal. Only complaint was the street noise, but ear plugs worked. We were there on the morning of the Blackhawks Celebration Parade so the fire trucks started early.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Janita W, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thank you Johnnie60744 for sharing your experience of your recent visit with us at the Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown. We greatly appreciate you taking time out from your busy schedule to write us a review.

I am pleased to hear that our accommodations and location were a perfect match for you. I would also like to thank you for the recognition to our staff. My team and I truly put our hearts into this hotel and I hope our culture here has made your stay an exceptional one.

We look forward to having you back with us at the Hampton on your next trip to Chicago.

Sao Paulo, SP
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

A great stay at the Hampton inn suites for a family of five. Comfortable rooms, free wifi, great beds and a very central location in downtown Chicago. Breakfast is a little average. Overall a great hotel. !!!!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2013
Janita W, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience of your recent visit with us at the Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown. We greatly appreciate you taking time out from your busy schedule to write us a review. I am so delighted to hear that our hotel accommodations were suitable for your family's needs.

We look forward to having you guys visit us again on your next trip to Chicago. Enjoy the rest of your summer!

Rochester Hills, MI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at the Hampton Inn and Suites in downtown Chicago. We found our suite to be nice and clean, and the staff to be very friendly and helpful. No complaints there. But the location... The hotel is in a great part of town for touring the city, and for enjoying the restaurants and shopping. However, it is right by a Chicago fire department, and a bar. When we arrived to the hotel, we noticed that earplugs were offered on our way to the elevator. Hint, hint. My husband and I happened to be there a few days after the Chicago Blackhawks won the Stanley Cup. Now being a native of Chicago, I know how Chicagoans love to celebrate when a Chicago team wins any championship. And Chicagoans were in full-swing that night partying up a storm at the bar next door. And the fire department was also in full-swing responding to emergencies. I think sirens were going off every ten minutes that night. My husband managed to sleep, but being a light sleeper, I didn't get any sleep that evening. And for that reason alone, I would never return to this hotel even though on every other level, it was a very nice hotel.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 601. Nice enough room, but bad for noise level outside of hotel.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

I regret that you were not completely satisfied with your experience here with us due to the level of noise that you expereienced during your visit from the neighboring fire station and bar. I would love to speak with you personally regarding this matter. Please call me at your convenience at (312) 832-0330.

I look forward to hearing from you soon. Thank you!

miami florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

I come to Chicago frequently, and this is the hotel I always stay at

The staff is friendly ,helpful, and always willing to help me with any requests

Rooms are spacious and clean

Hotel has recently been renovated

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
HamptonRiverNorthGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Hi Marny1,

Thank you so much for the great comments about the hotel! We are looking forward to seeing you again soon when you escape the heat this time of year from Miami!

Andrew Scarlett
Bloomington, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

This hotel is well maintained, the employees are friendly and helpful. Sonja in the breakfast area was so precious and we felt as if we had known her for years. Brock, the Maintenance Engineer, was very friendly and helpful. The front desk staff was great.

The location was awesome, a decent walk to Michigan Street, free trolley to the Navy Pier. Lots to see and do in the immediate area. We will stay here again, and again, and again!!

Room Tip: Only thing is, it seems like a lot of fire trucks. But they offer free ear plugs
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you dkcroft for sharing your experience of your recent visit with us at the Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown. We greatly appreciate you taking time out from your busy schedule to write us such a great review.

Thank you for recognizing both Sonja in Breakfast and Brock our Chief Engineer. I am so pleased to hear that they treated you as a part of our Hampton family and gave you the quality service that you deserve.

We look forward to you visiting us again, and again, and again!

Canton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

My wife and I both stay at Hampton Inn & Suites regulary, this staff was exceptional. The front desk, the kitchen and the doormen/valet parking personel were great. I have stayed at enough locations to know people who should be recognized as going beyond their job descriptions. This was our tird stay at this location and by far the current staff is the best.

Room Tip: When we travel for business I like to book a suite for the additional comfort and while one may be s...
Green Features: I like the "New or reuse" towel option. The last Hampton I stayed at even though I hung up my towel "reuse" the replaced it every day..I did my part but the staff didn't do there's.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
I want to take the opportunity to thank you for your loyalty to the Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago –Downtown. I hope you truly enjoyed the experience of your most recent visit with us. My team and I truly put our hearts into this hotel and I hope our culture here has made your stay an exceptional one. We thank you whole-heartedly for the recognition you have given to us.

We look forward to having you visit us for a 4th time and many, many more times to come.

E: Janita.Walton@hilton.com

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown? Share your experiences!