“Wonderful stay, wonderful team” 5 of 5 stars

Park and Chill Savings
Ranked #30 of 174 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersBronze level
Bloomington, Indiana
“Wonderful stay, wonderful team”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

This hotel is well maintained, the employees are friendly and helpful. Sonja in the breakfast area was so precious and we felt as if we had known her for years. Brock, the Maintenance Engineer, was very friendly and helpful. The front desk staff was great.

The location was awesome, a decent walk to Michigan Street, free trolley to the Navy Pier. Lots to see and do in the immediate area. We will stay here again, and again, and again!!

Room Tip: Only thing is, it seems like a lot of fire trucks. But they offer free ear plugs
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Janita W, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Thank you dkcroft for sharing your experience of your recent visit with us at the Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown. We greatly appreciate you taking time out from your busy schedule to write us such a great review.

Thank you for recognizing both Sonja in Breakfast and Brock our Chief Engineer. I am so pleased to hear that they treated you as a part of our Hampton family and gave you the quality service that you deserve.

We look forward to you visiting us again, and again, and again!

E: Janita.Walton@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (339)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Canton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

My wife and I both stay at Hampton Inn & Suites regulary, this staff was exceptional. The front desk, the kitchen and the doormen/valet parking personel were great. I have stayed at enough locations to know people who should be recognized as going beyond their job descriptions. This was our tird stay at this location and by far the current staff is the best.

Room Tip: When we travel for business I like to book a suite for the additional comfort and while one may be s...
Green Features: I like the "New or reuse" towel option. The last Hampton I stayed at even though I hung up my towel "reuse" the replaced it every day..I did my part but the staff didn't do there's.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
I want to take the opportunity to thank you for your loyalty to the Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago –Downtown. I hope you truly enjoyed the experience of your most recent visit with us. My team and I truly put our hearts into this hotel and I hope our culture here has made your stay an exceptional one. We thank you whole-heartedly for the recognition you have given to us.

We look forward to having you visit us for a 4th time and many, many more times to come.

Effingham, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

We stayed one night in a corner suite. It fit our family very nicely. Two queen beds and a comfortable pull out sofa were just perfect for us. It is very convenient to the shopping and restaurants that interested us. We walked everywhere. The staff, particularly the bellmen who helped us were very friendly. Breakfast was good, fairly standard hotel breakfast but unlike some of the places we stayed there was plenty of room to sit and there was no waiting in line even though the hotel appeared to be very full. It was a pretty noisy night in terms of city noise - lots and lots of sirens, etc., but if it bothers you too much the hotel offered earplugs. It is downtown in a major city, after all, so noise is to be expected. The extra vanity in the bedroom was helpful for me and my three daughters who were all getting ready for dinner at the same time. I would definitely stay here again when I return to Chicago.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your experience of your recent visit with us at the Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown. We greatly appreciate you taking time out from your busy schedule to write us a review.

I am pleased to hear that the Double Corner Suite was suitable for you and your daughters. I know how hectic it can be for a family of all women to get ready all at the same time with just 1 bathroom, so I'm happy that the extra vanity helped.

We hope to see you ladies again soon on your next trip to the Chicago downtown area.

St. Louis, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

This Hampton is in a great location close to many restaurants and things to do in the heart of the North Loop district in downtown Chicago. Also very spacious and clean rooms with good amenities for the money. I would definitely stay at this location again in the future.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you Brandon B for sharing your experience of your recent visit with us at the Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown. We greatly appreciate you taking time out from your busy schedule to write us a review.

I am pleased to hear that you were satisfied with the amenties and location of the hotel. I hope you got to venture out while you were here.

We look forward to being your go-to hotel when visit Chicago again from St. Louis.

Brainerd, Minnesota, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Great place to stay in Chicago for business or pleasure--20 min from Midway Airport and in the center of the action if Downtown 3 blocks from the chicago river on Dearborn. Very clean and an especially attentive and friendly staff. Great pool with an outdoor terrace. Breakfast is included in rate and is good basic hotel fare with a wide variety of choices from waffels, to scrambled egs yogert, pastries, fruit and juice-- and a money saver for those on a budget.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you Tom P for sharing your experience of your recent visit with us at the Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown. We greatly appreciate you taking time out from your busy schedule to write us a review.

I am glad that our hotel was accommodating for you with our many amenities such as the pool with the outdoor terrace and the complimentary breakfast. I am also very thankful for the recognition to our staff. My team and I truly put our hearts into this hotel and I hope our culture here has made your stay an exceptional one.

We look forward to serving you again in the future!

Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

This is the perfect place if you want to be able to walk to most Chicago attractions. It is just a few blocks away from both the theater district and the Mag mile. Be sure to ask for a room away from the fire station! You will need the complimentary ear plugs if you don't. Breakfast buffet was okay, about what you can expect for free. My favorite part of this hotel is the outside patio off the pool on the second floor. There are comfy sofas, tables, umbrella's - perfect place to bring drinks and snacks. There is a new restaurant/club right next to the hotel which looked great and the Blackhawks players stopped at with their Stanley Cup. If you are there on a Thursday night you should go to Sullivan's which is just around the corner and offers $6 appetizers in the bar area which are delicious and each one can easily be shared by 4.
Staff at this hotel are very friendly and do their best to accommodate early arrivals and offer a storage room to leave luggage in if your room is not ready.

Room Tip: Call the hotel the day you are arriving and request a room away from the fire station!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you ABCMom21 for sharing your experience of your recent visit with us at the Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown. We greatly appreciate you taking time out from your busy schedule to write us a review.

My team and I truly put our hearts into this hotel and I hope our culture here has made your stay an exceptional one. I am so happy that you had a moment to enjoy our beautiful and relaxing patio area. Looks like you were able to take advantage of some of the Happy Hour lunch deals at some of the local restaurants.

I hope you truly enjoyed your experience here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown. My team and I look forward to serving you again in the future!

Salem, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Just returned from 4 nights at the Hampton Inn, Downtown Chicago.
After reading reviews on here, I was prepared for the noise from the fire station. I agree- they are a busy crew! We requested a quiet room, away from the surrounding nightclubs. We ended up in Room 610. It is in the middle of the hallway, far enough from the elevators to satisfy me and far enough from the nightclub as well. The view isn't great, but I was more concerned about the noise level. I will say the most noise I heard was from the garbage trucks in the nearby alley.
As for the hotel itself, there are many positivies. The staff were all helpful and friendly. The front desk staff assisted us several times with directions to various attractions. I especially liked the small print-outs that they have that list the public transportation methods to get to/from popular sites. Very handy!
My son and I enjoyed breakfast everyday. They have a large seating area and the menu changes each day. Cereal, oatmeal, fruit, and breads were available daily. The hot foods varied daily and seemed popular. The waffle station is in an ajoining room- we almost missed it the first day because the room it is in appears to be an area for extra seating. There is a small sign, but someone was standing in front of it. The hotel offers coffee and hot tea with carry-out cups 24 hrs a day. There is hot chocolate available at breakfast as well as juices and milk.
My son enjoyed the pool and hot tub area. I enjoyed reading on the small outdoor patio. We did not utilize the gym or sauna.
Our double room was comfortably sized. There were 3 large drawers for clothing and a small closet. There is a small safe in the closet as well. The bathroom was adequately sized to meet our needs.
Tip- purchase drinks & snacks at the 7-11 on the corner before you visit the tourist attractions. Much cheaper!

Room Tip: 610 was quiet enough for me (and that is saying a lot!). Mid-hallway, far enough from the elevators...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

My team and I truly put our hearts into this hotel and I hope our culture here has made your stay an exceptional one. I am so delighted to hear that we able to meet your request for a quiet room. I am glad thst you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast and I thank you for the feedback regarding the small waffle sign as we are always looking for ways to improve our product and services.

We look forward to having you visit us again in the near future.

E: Janita.Walton@hilton.com

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown? Share your experiences!