“Amazing service and great location” 5 of 5 stars

Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   33 West Illinois St, Chicago, IL 60654   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to $40 on Dining!
Ranked #27 of 169 hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersBronze level
Sydney
“Amazing service and great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

My group of 28 just stayed at the hotel last week and there was nothing to fault - the rooms are spacious and clean, the breakfast was great and a a good price/quality ratio. The best bit of the hotel, apart from the wonderful downtown location (shopping and restaurants walking distance), is the service. Prior to arriving I had a fantastic experience organising our stay with Jenna Haymond. She is the one of the most professional sales managers I have worked with - reliable, efficient and accommodating in every way. Also, my sincere gratitude to Ruth and the whole hotel team who made sure that my group was well taken care of during their six day stay. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a great place to stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Janita W, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
Thank you HAYESTRAVEL-E for sharing the experience of your group's recent stay with us here at the Hampton Inn & Suites. We greatly appreciate you taking time out from your busy schedule to write us a review.

We appreciate the comments regarding our wonderful location and our awesome staff. I am delighted to hear that both Jenna and Ruth were able to accomodate the needs of your group. Each and every member of our team always strives to give the service our guests expect and deserve from check in to check out, and beyond.

We look forward to having you and your group back with us at the Hampton on your next trip to Chicago.

See you soon,

1,343 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (309)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Toledo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

We had a package deal which included 2 tickets for Blue Man Group, a coupon for Jack's on Halstead and misc. perks. I was pleased with our package and our deal. Nice room with a large bathroom. My only complaint was that the foldout couch for our daughter was uncomfortable. Our bed was great. The hotel felt clean and safe. The staff were very helpful and kind. Breakfast was plentiful but the eggs could have been better. I appreciated the hot choices and the fresh fruit.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I am so delighted that your family enjoed the Blue Man Group show but I am saddened that I did not get to meet you personally. Conversely, I regret that the sofa sleeper in your suite was not very comfortable for your daughter. Our guest's comfort is our first priority so we will be looking into the quality of our sofa sleepers. However, if there is ever absolutely anything I can do for you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me.

We look forward to having you and your family back with us at the Hampton on your next trip to Chicago.

Tampa, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

This is a great hotel right in the heart of the upper Mickigan Ave area of downtown Chicago. Very close to great shopping, restaurants, attractions and many transit connections to all parts of the city.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you RAYMOND C for sharing the experience of your recent stay with us here at the Hampton Inn & Suites. We greatly appreciate you taking time out from your busy schedule to write us a review. We were delighted to read what you had to say.

We appreciate your great comments regarding our location. I am happy that our location was close enough to all of the attractions and shopping that you wanted to explore during your visit. We look forward to having you back with us at the Hampton on your next trip to Chicago.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Noisy - especially when bar patrons let out at 3:30 in the morning. Pets allowed and had no clue & were callowed throughout hotel. People allowed to drink in pool with glass containers and to party as if it were their own. Too costly for what I received. I would expect my experience at a Motel 6 not at a downtown hotel in chicago for $200.00.

Dear TripAdvisor member and Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago valued guest-

Thank you for sharing your experience of your recent stay with us at the Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown. Our team always strives to deliver the best service that our guests expect & deserve. I appreciate the comments as we are always looking for ways to improve the product and service.

I am sorry that you had several problems during your stay. I assure you this is not usual for our property. Please look forward to hearing from a member from our leadership soon, if you have not spoke to someone already.

Again, I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that we may have caused you. We would love to be of service to you again soon.

janita.walton@hilton.com
(312) 832-0330
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Service was very good and friendly. Someone always opened the front doors for us, which is great when you're carrying a toddler and pushing a stroller. Housekeeping was friendly and did a great job keeping our room clean everyday. We ordered room service one night, food was good and served hot. Prices were reasonable. We used valet parking at $42 day. We travelled via public transportation. There is access to the metro just two blocks away. The folks taking care of the breakfast area did a great job, even getting a high chair for us one day. On another day, they gave our kids coloring pages and crayons. Very nice, observant, and showed a genuine care and concern for our family. They really do make you feel welcome and at home. It's like southern hospitality in downtown Chicago. Breakfast was filling and fresh. There was only one night that it was noisy outside our room, but the noise lasted just a minute or two (the folks across the hall going into their room). We used the pool area. Its not a large pool, but there was enough space for eveyone that was in there at the time we were. The area was well kept. The gym was very busy, but it didn't look crowded. One night there was fresh popcorn waiting, the kids loved that.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 428, a corner room, away from the main street in front of the hotel. I liked the...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Janita W, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
WOW callentx, what an awesome review!!! Thank you so much for sharing the experience of your recent stay with us here at the Hampton Inn & Suites. We greatly appreciate you taking time out from your busy schedule to write us a review.

We know how stressfuk it can be vacationing with the kids on board so we try to make sure that we do everything possible to make sure that you and your family have an awesome experience while here with us and to make that experience as seamless as possible.

We look forward to having you and your family visit us again from the beautiful San Anton!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I stayed at this hotel 15 years ago and again last week, and I still think this is one of the nicest Hampton Inns I have seen within the hotel chain. It is perfectly located in River North, and the rooms are updated, clean and urban chic. There were definitely a lot of families staying at this hotel, which may not be for everyone, but it is more affordable than other hotels in the area and an excellent choice for a stay in Chicago. I have recommended this property to others before and will continue to do so.

Room Tip: Rooms on the backside of the hotel are quieter than those facing the street.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
You are the best JFergUSA!!! Thank you so much for sharing the experience of your recent stay with us here at the Hampton Inn & Suites. We greatly appreciate you taking time out from your busy schedule to write us a review. We are delighted to still be one of your favorite's after 15 years! Thank you for recommending us to your friends and family. We hope to continue providing you excellent service and affordable rates for years and years to come!

Ludington, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I am 64 years old, never traveled to Chicago and not at all comfortable with my decision to stay dwontown and travel by bus to sights. Any and all help I needed was pleasantly provided. Holding luggage until chek in time and also until leaving time. Easy and no problem there. Lots of good suggestions and directions on how to best enjoy Chicago for a family style vacation. No problem explaining more than once..did i mention I am 64 years old. Good travel suggestions I've never heard before. Have children carry a card with the hotel name and address and this hotel will encourage them to give it to a taxi driver if lost and will welcome them back to safety. The front desk had nothing but easy to talk to and delightful people working my whole stay. Each and every employee there seemed to be there to make my trip the best ever. Going back sometime..didn't see it all and this downtown Hampton inn is exactly where I plan to stay. thank you all!!! Breakfast workers sooooooo nice also!!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
WOW Diana B, what an awesome review!!!! Thank you so much for sharing the experience of your recent stay with us here at the Hampton Inn & Suites. I am so happy that our staff was able to make you feel at home in such a big city for the very first time. We look forward to having you back with us at the Hampton on your next trip to Chicago so you can show us your HAPPY DANCE :-).

E: Janita.Walton@hilton.com

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown? Share your experiences!