This hotel was the perfect location for our week long stay in Chicago. Chicago is a stunning city with a great vibe and we found our corner suite at Hampton to be the perfect place to come home to at the end of a day out exploring. It was great value. We opted to pay a little more and get a corner suite. This was huge and way bigger than we had expected. It gave our family of four plenty of space. Great to have a kitchen when travelling with kids. Our bed was massive and so super comfy. As per other reviews, there is noise from the fire engines as they go out to call outs all through the night. This didn;t bother us as we were so warm and comfortable and able to sleep on. It also didn't bother our kids. I would recommend that the Hotel provides an electric jug in each room. There was no jug and this was an inconvenience when wanting boiled water for hot water bottles that we travel with. Have not had this problem before in hotels around the world, always seems to be a kettle/jug available. The location is excellent and the staff are super knowledgeable and friendly. Some great eating places close by. We enjoyed shopping and exploring the Magnificent Mile and State St. One block away is Star of Siam where we enjoyed some good Thai food for very reasonable prices. We also enjoyed Wao Bao on State St for healthy and cheap eating. Some lovely extra touches at the hotel like candy canes in the foyer for the kids, mints at breakfast. The breakfast food was ordinary - the staff were super attentive and helpful at breakfast. It would be OK for one day, but we found it very processed and tedious over duration of a week. Can't complain for the cost though. Would definitely recommend this Hotel as a great place to stay for families.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience downtown Chicago from our Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown hotel. Located in the heart of trendy River North neighborhood, you're in the ideal location to Chicago's entertainment, shopping and dining venues, with easy access to Navy Pier and Michigan Avenue shops. Explore the Loop's business and theater districts, or discover Field Museum, Adler Planetarium or Shedd Aquarium with your kids during your stay. Start your day with the convenience of Hampton's free hot breakfast. Enjoy free WiFi throughout the hotel. We offer a fitness center, indoor swimming pool, whirlpool and dry sauna. End the day with a reservation at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse connected to our hotel by sky bridge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Hilton Hotels, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Chicago - Downtown
- Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago - Downtown Hotel Chicago
- Hampton Inn Chicago Downtown
- Chicago Hampton Inn