“Overall, great experience!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #113 of 178 Hotels in Chicago
Marquette, Michigan
“Overall, great experience!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

My two younger sisters and I came to stay at the Chicago South Loop for a concert at Soldier Field. We arrived about an hour and a half before check-in time, but they did have a room ready for us. The staff at check-in was extremely nice and very helpful! The hallway to our room did seem a little grungy, but our room was very nice. It was huge! And the air-conditioning worked amazingly, which was nice as it was pretty hot out! Another staff was extremely helpful in showing us where to find the shuttle to take us downtown and took the time to show other guests a great spot to eat downtown. Upon returning to the hotel at 1:30 AM, we were a little dismayed to find that the elevator nearest our room was not working...we also had some problems connecting to the Wi-Fi and staying connected to it. But overall, I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Chicago! We thoroughly enjoyed our experience and appreciate the kindness of all the staff we interacted with!

• Stayed July 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
Holmen, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My husband and son went to a sporting event and I booked a room at the Chicago South Loop Hotel. When they arrived to check in (keep in mind I pre-paid for the room) the hotel stated they did not have their room since they overbooked. It was 11:30pm and now they had no where to stay. The staff was not helpful at all. Worst service ever.

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We arrived at the hotel at 4pm and was told that we could not check in because there were no rooms available! Waited about half an hour along with other guests before we were given a room. The room itself was huge and clean and so was the bathroom.

Staff was not the friendliest.

Located in a good area and close to public transportation, took us less than 20 minutes by bus to get to downtown Chicago.

Tk K, Manager at Chicago South Loop Hotel, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Greetings skboodram,
Thank you for your review. I am disappointed to hear a room was not available for you at 4pm, when our checkin time is at 3pm. I assure you this is not our norm and apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. I am glad to hear you found your room spacious and clean. Our staff usually receives many compliments and great reviews regarding their service. Unfortunately, you did not experience this level of service and that is disheartening to hear. We appreciate your feedback. Your comments will not go unnoticed and will be addressed.
Bowler, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

This hotel is located very close to McCormick Convention Center; large rooms, comfortable beds and a great price. Free WiFi, free parking and a secure building. They have a lounge and small deli type restaurant on site. Good prices on food and drinks!

• Stayed July 2015, traveled on business
Tk K, Manager at Chicago South Loop Hotel, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Greetings Roberta C,
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am glad to hear you enjoyed our close proximity to McCormick Place convention center and found our spacious rooms and complimentary wifi and parking of great value. We appreciate your sharing your thoughts and hope you come back again.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I got a great rate during a very busy holiday weekend! The staff was the best part lf the experience. The room was large and the bed, extremely comfy. Great shower, deep bathtub for soaking. Nice to have the bar/restaurant/breakfast place onsite as there is not much nearby in the neighborhood. The bus stops right across the street so getting downtown is easy. Also a few blocks form the train.

• Stayed July 2015, traveled solo
Greetings Kathleen K,
Thank you for the five star review. We appreciate it! I am so happy to hear you had a wonderful experience with us and hope you enjoyed your holiday weekend. Should your travels bring you back to Chicago, we hope you stay with us again.
Xenia, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

starWe stayed here July 24-26. The deadbolt on our room wouldn't lock and when we called the front desk they told us the matinence guy would be in in the morning... Not acceptable which my husband had to repeat several times, the person on the phone said there were not any other rooms available so we asked for a manager. An hour later still no word from manager, so he went down to the front desk and guess what they had a room they could move us into, even though they were booked solid. That room the remote wasn't working called down they said someone from security would be up... The shower had black mold around the edge. Very disappointed with the hotel experience. Some of the staff was polite and some just acted like you were bothering them or they didn't really care. Definitely will not be going back

• Stayed July 2015, traveled as a couple
Greetings loriz937,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel regarding your recent experience with us. I apologize for the inconvenience you had with our staff and maintenance issues. I assure you this is not our norm, as our staff regularly receives accolades regarding their customer service. We appreciate your bringing your maintenance issues to light. Guest feedback is one of the ways to gauge our performance and I would like to thank you for your willingness to share. I hope you will allow us the opportunity to welcome you back in the future to provide you with the level of service you expect from the Chicago South Loop Hotel.
Kewaunee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

My fiancé and I recently stayed at the South Loop Hotel while we were in town to see Taylor Swift. The hotel was close to Solider Field (which was where the concert was) so it was very convenient for us. We are both from Wisconsin and had never been to Chicago before.

The staff was wonderful when we checked in, they were super friendly, easy to talk to, and we got to check in pretty early compared to most hotels I've stayed at. Late that evening after the concert, my fiancé went down to the front desk to get some toiletries that we'd forgot and he said they were also very friendly and accommodating.

The room was lovely. We had a single queen bed. It was very spacious and had 3 big windows with cool views. The bathroom was spacious as well and the shower/tub were nice and large. Everything was very clean too. The bed was comfortable and I slept like a rock. I didn't hear any sorts of noise, and usually I sleep like crap in hotels, so it was great to sleep so well.

The only complaints I have were pretty minuscule and probably due to the fact that there was a million people in town for the concert. First, the vending machine on our floor was out of water. I'm sure it's because it was super hot outside that day and people were buying lots of water. Second, when we got home real late from the concert, there was no more parking spaces left in the assigned parking lot for the hotel. My fiancé went in to the lobby and asked where to park and they directed him to a back, grassy lot behind the hotel. It was ok, because at least it was somewhere, but we had to walk around the entire hotel and fenced area around the hotel to get back inside. It was a little scary because there was broken glass on the ground and people out and about (it was past midnight at this point too) so if I was alone I would've been scared even more.

Regardless of those two small things, we had such a great stay, with the room and staff being completely wonderful in our opinion. We will definitely stay there again for any future trips to Chicago.

• Stayed July 2015, traveled as a couple
Greetings LischkaFamily,
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed everything from our friendly staff to our spacious accommodations. Hopefully, you enjoyed the concert and will visit us again. Make sure to let your friends and family know about us. We appreciate the five stars!