“Very nice hotel and friendly staff” 4 of 5 stars

You added Chicago South Loop Hotel to your Saves list
Chicago South Loop Hotel
3.0 of 5 Motel   |   11 West 26th Street, and W 26th St, Chicago, IL 60616   |
Ranked #109 of 177 Hotels in Chicago
“Very nice hotel and friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

Ideal location not too far from shopping!!! Hotel room was spacious and clean. The shower was incredible and the staff were very friendly. Definitely will recommend for great pricing. Only con was the neighborhood at night looked sketchy

Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Dewey, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

It was easy to find off the interstate. Rooms were clean and adequate. Area seemed safe. Free parking was a real asset. Breakfast was not included but there was a small restaurant where breakfast could be purchased that was very tasty.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The front reception is a bit rude--not friendly to be sure. For the price, the rooms are solid, everything is clean and we had no problems. However, the location is not a place you really want to be. For the price, if you are willing to take a taxi ride--anywhere from $7 to $15, you can get anywhere, so in that sense the proximity to downtown is good, but if you are looking for a place to walk from--keep looking. There are a lot of scary reviews on one of the other sites that concerned us, so we took extra precautions. This hotel should have safes in the rooms, but does not.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the side of the hotel away from the train/mass transit.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I booked accommodation through Hotwire and was really happy once we arrived and saw the hotel and room. And it came with free parking!

We drove to Chicago and getting to the hotel from the freeway was a breeze. Check-in was easy, staff were lovely. Our room was huge! Can't remember the number sorry, but on the fourth floor and at the end. It was a corner room with two large windows from two directions. The bathroom is also really large. The bed and mattresses were new and really, really comfy. Wi-fi was fine, not a problem at all with access and speed.

The hotel is a bit further out of town. There are a couple of bus stops only a couple of blocks over though. For $2.25 the bus goes into the city. For the price we got the room you can't go wrong staying here :)

Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

When we pulled up to this hotel I was very impressed (especially considering the cost). the lobby was great, and the staff are all personable and fun to talk to. The bar is fairly inexpensive, and Cee Cee (bartender there) was a joy to talk to.

Once I got to my room however, I was a bit less impressed. The Carpets, while I'm sure are clean in the sense that they are regularly cleaned, felt and looked dirty. Again, I'm sure the staff do what they can but you can tell this carpet has been worn in. The beds themselves were clean, I did notice red stains, which I suspected might be bed bugs, but they said it was wax stains. Bedding was promptly replaced and everything was fine.

Washroom was clean, and the bath tubs were HUGE! I've been so many hotels with decent sized tubs, but these ones were definitely Jacuzzi-sized almost.

Noise levels both in the hotel and outside were fine, I didn't have any problems sleeping.

Wi-Fi was terrible. I couldn't maintain a signal in my room on the east side of the building. They need to find a way to boost Wi-Fi throughout the hotel, it's simply unacceptable that one side of a hotel be without Wi-Fi. For someone on a business trip, this is quite a drawback.

Honestly I am conflicted about this hotel. Part of me loves the staff, decor of the lobby, and the bar; however I still can't get over the room itself. I feel like if they renovated the rooms they would easily have a 4...4.5 star hotel. For me however, it comes down to the room, as nice as everything else is, the room is what's most important.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Tk K, Manager at Chicago South Loop Hotel, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Greetings Kurtis S,
Thank you for reviewing our property. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed our staff, lobby, soaking tub and CeeCee from the bar. I apologize for any inconvenience you experienced with our housekeeping and wifi. Had we been made aware of any difficulties you had with your wifi, we could have directed you to our internet provider for further assistance. Thank you for your feedback. Your comments will not go unnoticed and will be addressed.
Houston, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed here for 2 nights over a weekend. Paid a decent price thru Hotwire. I was a little nervous given some of the tripadvisor reviews. Glad I was pleasantly surprised. I was allowed to check in early with no problems. The lobby is beautiful. The room (on 5th floor) was nice and faced the inner parking lot. The bathroom was huge. There isnt anything within walking distance but a short 5-7min drive gets you near plenty of restaurants.

Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
Tk K, Manager at Chicago South Loop Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Greetings tiffben,
Thank you for providing us with a four star review. It seems that everything from early check-in to our spacious rooms suited your needs. We apreciate your feedback and hope you visit us again.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

At $200 + tax per night, I certainly wasn't expecting the Four Seasons or even the Westin but, I certainly wasn't prepared for this filthy, old, threadbared rug joint. There are stains everywhere in this "hotel" from the ceilings to the walls to the furniture to the beds. It's just gross.
After a long day of travel, I just wanted a shower and a clean, comfortable bed. It was not to be had here. The bathroom was so filthy, I didn't even want to step barefoot onto the floor much less into the moldy shower/tub. Unable to shower, I thought I would just try to sleep. I turned on the old, rusting, dust encrusted lamp and that's when I saw somebody else's hair in the bed as I turned down the blanket. I lay down in the other bed and quickly discovered the mattress dipped in the middle and was terribly uncomfortable.
As if all the visual filth and decay isn't enough, the worst part is the stench. It's like they are venting in the fumes from a nearby sewer system. In the lobby, they use copious amount of a cheap air sanitizer to try mask the stink but, up in the room, it was nauseating.
I checked out of this mess the next morning despite have a non-refundable reservation for 3 nights. (I did manage to succeed in getting a refund for the 2 non-used nights).
About the only positive thing I can say about the Poop Hotel is that the front desk people were ok.

Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Tk K, Manager at Chicago South Loop Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Greetings Lallany,

We appreciate your taking the time to review our property regarding your recent stay with us. Please allow me the opportunity to apologize for the inconvenience you had while experiencing our hotel. This is not our norm. Many of our guests compliment our lobby's inviting fragrance, which is gradually infused. I am unsure of what stains you are referring to that you found throughout our property. The Chicago South Loop Hotel is committed to providing our guests with excellent customer service and accommodations to match. We apologize if we fell short in any of these areas. I can assure you that your comments were not unnoticed and will be addressed.

Been to Chicago South Loop Hotel? Share your experiences!