“Incredible Staff!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #108 of 174 Hotels in Chicago
Weymouth, MA
“Incredible Staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed today NEW

Originally my partner and I had planned a trip to Chicago during this holiday season where we were going to be guests in my friend's house who lived locally near the White Sox stadium. Unfortunately at the last minute, he had a house guest that prevented us from doing so and thus, we discovered the South Loop Hotel nearby had availability. Thankfully, they were running a special at $99/night that was in the price range we could afford.

Immediately upon arrival, after a slight miscommunication over the room I thought I was getting (a king size bed), both Steve and Diane (I think?) found a King that was available and placed me in it without any problems. In fact, Steve went out of his way to go searching on foot around the hotel to look for a room because there was a discrepancy in what he was seeing on the computer system. I was grateful when he placed us in Room 539 on the 5th floor because it had a nice view looking out upon parts of the city, as well as being able to see some of the holiday lights.

All of the staff were friendly to me throughout my entire stay and it was always nice passing through the lobby and getting a warm greeting from whomever was at the front desk. During my three night stay, the only problem I truly encountered was not with the hotel or the property at all. It was with a bunch of drunk college guys who tragically were placed in the room next to mine. They were quite loud on two separate occasions, but upon calling the front desk, it was taken care of, of which I was extremely grateful.

My personal favorite in Room 539 was the large bathtub given that I'm a 6'5" guy who enjoys taking baths every now and then when I can fit in one. At South Loop, I took three during my entire stay and each were more than wonderful!

After leaving on my final day and having a very pleasant drive home, I realized in alarm that I had left something personal and invaluable to me in the room that had been a part of my life for almost two decades. It may seem like a silly thing, but what it was is a teddy bear that's been a part of my life since it was given to me after my father committed suicide. On most trips, you'll find this bear, Phillip, traveling with me, bringing me comfort anytime it's needed. And thankfully, Alex and TK searched my room and found him hiding underneath the bed. He was FedEx'd out to me the very next day with a special note left inside for me leaving a good smile on my face and a sense of gratitude for the staff at South Loop.

So I'm truly grateful for nice places such as the Chicago South Loop hotel, as it's truly things like customer service that make or break a business. This hotel's was top notch and it's my hope it continues to prosper. And hopefully any riff-raff like those drunk college kids won't be staying there again any time soon, or at least not next to me when I stay there again! LOL

As a final note, I'll probably be writing an entry in my spiritual blog, www.thetwelfthstep.com, because this whole experience definitely inspired me. Thanks Chicago South Loop for everything!

Peace, love, light, and joy,
Andrew Arthur Dawson

Room Tip: Top floor room on either side if you want any type of view...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

If you are ever in Chicago make it your business to stay at the Chicago South Loop Hotel. Rooms are great, had a great rate. beds are comfortable and the best yet free parking and wi-fi can't get any better than that.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Came here on a business trip by myself. The ladies at the front desk took care of me the entire stay. Allowed me to check in early, got a great room without any outside inference/noise, and lots of suggestions on where to buy things, where to eat, and which streets to avoid. The neighbourhood is in transition, but it didn't stop me from walking to the convention centre at eight in the morning. Bus runs constantly to the train station, and other places like the Bean and downtown. Left a tip each night, and received a nice thank you note, and a bottle of water ;) Look forward to coming back here again...

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Tk K, Manager at Chicago South Loop Hotel, responded to this review, yesterday
Greetings Sublimeandcoke,
Thank you so much for the stellar review! We appreciate your taking the time to share your experience and look forward to your return!
Fort Wayne, Indiana, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Great hotel room and with free parking and wi-fi included in a hotel that is reasonably priced near downtown Chicago! Hello!! What could be better! The room was a nice king-size room with a sofa and a refrigerator. Mattress was a little hard and pillows were soft and shower spray was great. Fantastic parking accommodations with a secure lot in the back and was able to come and go as needed. Close to Soldier Field and in semi-walking distance. An awesome bar located downstairs that's not associated with the Hotel but great music and food.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Greetings KkFiff,
Thank you for your glowing review of our property! I am delighted you enjoyed yourself and hope you return to visit us!
Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed at the Chicago South Loop Hotel because I had to attend a meeting in the Medical District the next morning. The hotel had onsite parking, which was a plus. All one has to do is park, check-in and the front desk agent will provide a ticket to put on the dashboard of your car to prove you are a guest of the hotel.

Yolanda, the front desk agent that evening was excellent. She was extremely professional and friendly, and took the time to answer all questions I had about the area. The room was clean, spacious, and the bed comfortable. However, the furniture was outdated, which is why I did not rate the hotel as excellent.

Additionally, the hotel had a sports bar, the L26 Restaurant and a cafe on the premises. I enjoyed a dinner of scallops and mushroom risotto at L26. Sandra, my server, was outstanding. She put on some mellow jazz by Boney James, and provided great service and conversation. The next morning I grabbed a cup of coffee from the cafe, which was convenient, and was off to my meeting.

I have no problem recommending this hotel. If you do not mind the outdated furniture, you should enjoy your stay.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Greetings Indy O,
Thank you for the four star review! We appreciate your detailed review of our property and know potential guests will too. Your comments about Yolanda and Sandra's exemplary service will be shared with our staff. Thank you for recognizing them. I apologize about our furniture, but in the new year, we are replacing it. You must come back and try it out!
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We went to the conference at the McCormicks place so i was looking for the nearby hotel with free parking, so i chose this hotel.

The location was great! it was only 0.7 miles from the McCormicks place so it took us 5 mins to go there. But it was extremely noisy from the nearby subway station train running till 1-2 am.

My room was right above the bar, the friday and Saturday night was super noisy from the music from the bar.

The room was spacious and bathroom had good water pressure.

But facility was old and dated.
I don't recommend this place !

Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Greetings Jasmine K,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad you found our location convenient for your needs. However, I am disappointed that you found our hotel dated, as it is only six years old. I apologize for the noise pollution you experienced from the bar. Though it is an independently owned business, we will share your thoughts with its proprietor. Your comments will not go unnoticed. Thank you for sharing.
Chattanooga, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I hotel was noisy from the L'trains passing. There were parties going on in the bar which was very noisy. Our key cards were deactivated every time we left the hotel if it was not for the groundkeeper we would have not been able to get back in. The housekeeping personnel did a poor job of cleaning our room and I had a $150 bottle of cologne which came up missing. The hotel is in a good location but it need some serious upgrade (like sound proof windows).

Room Tip: When in Chicago, keep your eye on your stuff.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Tk K, Manager at Chicago South Loop Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Greetings Reginald M,
Thank you for your review of our property. I apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced with our housekeeping staff. Our executive housekeeper has spoken with you regarding your missing item. The train and the bar are on one side of our hotel. For future reference, our west side of the building is the most serene. I hope you can change your thoughts about us and give us another chance. We would love for you to return!

Been to Chicago South Loop Hotel? Share your experiences!