“nice spot, a bit expensive” 4 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Webster's Wine Bar
1480 W Webster Ave, Chicago, IL 60614 (Lincoln Park)
(773) 868-0608
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #2,600 of 7,739 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Wine Bar
Neighborhood: Lincoln Park
Neighborhood: Lincoln Park
Norfolk, Virginia
“nice spot, a bit expensive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Grabbed some lunch here when I got into Chicago for a visit. The person I was staying with made up late for brunch at the spot we were planning for - when he showed up we were starving and this place was right next to our restaurant. We both got the house burgers - they were good, cooked properly, the kettle chips were great - but the burger was just so-so to me. It WAS good, it just tasted the way I imagine upscale fast food burgers taste (I haven't eaten fast food in years, but the way the bun tasted, and the pickles, it just made me think of that). Also, it was a bit on the expensive side I thought. Regardless, it was good, the waitress we had was very nice, and I had a nice time. I'd consider coming here again.

Visited January 2013

“Birthday Party”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I hosted a birthday party here in the wine bar's private upstairs and the staff that helped me schedule and organize the party was magnificent. We did a wine tasting and had an expert guide us through the smells, tastes and the regions the wines originated from. Outstanding all the way around. Not inexpensive, but for a big celebration it was perfect.

• Visited March 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“Don't waste your time (or money) with this place”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

We went last night on a Sunday evening at 6:20. It took a full 20 minutes for our server to come to our table to greet us and get a drink order!! By this time we were angry and disappointed and we told her we were about to walk out, but we decided to give it a try. They mainly have small plates. The grilled Octopus is virtually non existant in the Grilled Octopus Cous Cous Salad. It is just a plate of Cous Cous!!!! The Lamb Skewers were tough, The Chorizo tasted like rubber and dry. The Mushroom and Camanbert Flatbread is a dry cracker, however the, the mushrooms on it were outstanding!!! Everything came out at once , even after our server said she would space them out.
It has a varied and reasonable wine list.
As for decor, it is not cosy, more like a middle aged coffee house with nothing on the walls and a little love seat and tiny coffee table against the window in the corner.
No attention to detail, no attention to service, no attention food quality

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“Date night or catching up with friends.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

Either way this place is great to be if you want to chill out with a laid back atmosphere. The staff is well educated with their wines. And there is always something descent on the menu to nibble on.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
midwest
“Service is everything, a restaurant without it is nothing.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

Bad service kills a good place! If your paying $20 for a cheese plate, the least they can do is tell you what you ordered. Secondly, If your wine is bad (meaning it had a bad cork) you replace it, you don't give the customer an attitude. I want to love this place, I came here on my second date with my husband? But unfortunately they have changed and need a staff with training and without an attitude.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Been to Webster's Wine Bar? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Webster's Wine Bar, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.