“Outstanding Service, Great Hotel, Great Price” 5 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #65 of 177 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersBronze level
Sylvania, Ohio
“Outstanding Service, Great Hotel, Great Price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

Got a great deal on this hotel. originally was only going to stay one night in Chicago, but later decided to stay for another. Booked another hotel for the 2nd night because prices had gone up. When I checked into this hotel and asked about second night rate, they gave me a rate $20 less than the hotel I was going to move to and let me stay in a room with 2 beds for the same price as 1 King. Josh at the front desk was amazing, Friendly, quick, and accommodating. Breakfast buffet was outstanding and a definite step up from the usual powdered scrambled eggs and greasy sausage. Lots of variety, fresh fruit, real eggs. Rooms were spacious and the entire hotel was updated and spotless. Location can't be beat. Easy walsking distance from museums, theatre district and Michigan Avenue shopping. Will definitely be my first choice on my next trip to Chicago.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dan H, Manager at Springhill Suites Chicago Downtown / River North, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Thank you so much for this excellent 5-Star review! I am so happy we are now your 1st choice when visiting the area! Thank you also for the kind words about our Front Desk Agent, Josh! I'll make sure he is recognized for his excellent service. Thank you and we look forward to your next visit!

AGM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
Grand Rapids
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

It's been a few years since we've staying downtown Chicago because we can't usually find a room which will fit our family at a price we can afford, so we were thrilled when we found the Springhill Suites River North. The self-park garage was convenient and attached to the hotel. Every staff person we saw the entire weekend was VERY friendly and helpful. The room was a good size for being downtown and was very clean. The bed was quite comfortable, even for me who is extremely picky about a mattress. The pool, though a bit small, was the perfect temperature and had a great view of the city. I'm not sure how full the hotel was, but it was very quiet and we almost never heard anyone in the other rooms. The breakfast was delicious, filling and had great variety. We will definitely look to stay here again the next time we visit Chicago!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 721, which didn't have the best view (we overlooked air conditioning units), b...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dan H, Manager at Springhill Suites Chicago Downtown / River North, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Thank you so much for this wonderful review! I am so happy you found the perfect hotel for your family. We hope to have you back at the hotel the next time you are in the River North location!

Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

Stayed two nights at Springhill Suites...great location, very reasonable rates for River North area, close to restaurants/eating establishments of various price ranges...and only three blocks west of Magnificent Mile...hotel was clean, fairly spacious room with separate seating area providing couch, coffee table, desk...bathroom has a separate shower/toilet enclosed space...lavatory is open to the bedroom...but allows for bathing privacy while lavatory can be used by another person...more than adequate 'hot' breakfast with a variety of items...this is a great facility for a family...we did have one incident with some young men in an adjoining room that were 'hooting and hollering' late at night and pounding on our inner door separating the rooms...obviously alcohol was involved in their behavior...we called to the front desk and security responded promptly and took care of the situation...this happens on occasion in hotels so can't criticize Springhill but was pleased that management/security responded quickly to our request...it's not 4/5-Star but nice lodging if you don't expect the Ritz!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dan H, Manager at Springhill Suites Chicago Downtown / River North, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Thank you very much for the nice review! I am so glad you enjoyed your stay. I'm glad our management/security was able to take care of the noise complaint you had late at night. We do our best to ensure each and every guest has a restful night's sleep and enjoys their stay. Thank you again and we hope to have you back soon!

Lake Villa, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

Went down to the city for a girls weekend. I asked for early check in and was able to be in my room by 1:15pm. The staff at the front desk was very pleasant and very efficient. Room was clean and very nice. Can't beat the location though. Close to great restaurants and events. Cabs easy to get. We really enjoyed the separate seating area from the beds. Nice not to have to sit on beds and watch TV or talk. I have spent many nights in different hotels around the city and this hotel was one of the quietest I stayed in. NO other room noise and not noise from the room upstairs. It was solid. Had a very nice quiet sleep.
Just a couple of things to keep in mind. This is a BUSY hotel on the weekends it shares the same main floor as the Residence Inn so there is a lot of people milling around downstairs. You have to get ice out of the coolers in the lobby. Not very convenient when you have to wait for the elevators and then get down to the lobby and have to wait for ice because there is none. Lastly, the free breakfast was so crowded and there was no food left (except for a couple English muffins at 9:45am on a Sunday) we just ended up going to the Einstein's bagel that was connected to the hotel for breakfast.
Overall, I would recommend this hotel. It is priced right and it is clean and again great location.

Room Tip: We got a high floor, I would think that is what you would want in any room in a large city. The wind...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Dan H, Manager at Springhill Suites Chicago Downtown / River North, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Thank you so much much for the very nice 4-Star review! I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay! You are correct that this hotel can be very busy at times for breakfast. Our staff does a very good job at refreshing breakfast throughout, so I am very sorry our breakfast items were not refreshed in time during your stay. I am glad the rest of your stay went well and we truly hope to have you back at our hotel the next time you visit downtown Chicago!

Rockford, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

This hotel shares one building with Residence Inn. Pictures nice but don't be fooled. The desk attendant "baldy" couldn't suggest any places to eat, "Its Friday and Valentines Day, order carry out. Then started sneezing and said "It's you!" rudely while he backed away.( We found a place with no waiting after stopping at an Irish pub.) Baldy was on the Residence Inn side. I guess I shouldn't have crossed over! The living room was dark. One stand lamp, broken, small frige broken, hide a bed SHOT. (The springs dangling down.) Dirty stained sofa, Lights over beds looked like a hospital room. A large stain on the wall that dripped down towards the bed. Over all a Wonderful location and no bed bugs. Just look out!! The pictures are not what you get.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dan H, Manager at Springhill Suites Chicago Downtown / River North, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm very sorry you did not enjoy your stay. Each associate lives the mission of being " the cleanest and friendliest hotel in downtown Chicago." I'm very sorry you thought our service was rude. We took great preparation the days prior to Valentines' Day to locate restaurants that had availability this evening. I will be forwarding your comments to our Director of Services, Director of Engineering, and our Front Desk Managers so that we can ensure that every guest has a memorable stay.

Oshkosh, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

Booked thru springhill hotel website, upgraded to high floor with great view, two double beds. Very nicely decorated and spacious. computer desk with ergonomic chair, pull out sofa sleeper, microwave with sealed paper plates and sealed cutlery, frig, full tub and shower and stool in bath with sink area outside. Loved the lightweight white duvet bed linens and plush bath linens. Loved the floor to ceiling windows and window coverings. Very comfortable. Free wifi. 32" flat screen tv. Many selections at free breakfast: small omelets with salsa, breads, muffins, make your own waffles (with choc chips), yogurt, milk, juices, coffee, dry cereals or oatmeal with walnuts, dried cranberries, honey, brown sugar, fresh fruits, all delicious! Very clean throughout. On site parking ramp at $47 a day and room rate $143, total $190 for a very comfortable stay for my adult daughter and me. Able to walk to concert at House of Blues and to many area attractions and eateries. Only one night, wish we could have stayed two nights.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dan H, Manager at Springhill Suites Chicago Downtown / River North, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Thank you so much for the wonderful 5-Star review! I am so happy to hear you and your daughter enjoyed the stay. Our mission at this hotel is to be the "cleanest and friendliest" hotel in downtown Chicago. I had to smile as soon as I read the title of your review! I'll make sure I forward this review to the rest of our staff. Thank you again and hopefully we can have you back soon for that 2-night stay!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

Took my 3 kids to the city for a long weekend. Had a king room with a pull out bed. Plenty of room for the 4 of us. Guest services was very prompt when bringing extra blanket, ice, ect. Breakfast was very good. Plenty of choices for even my pickiest eater. Not far from bus stops. Room service could have had more choices, however plenty of good places within walking distance including Ed Debevic's. Would stay here again.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for the 4-Star review! The SpringHill Suites brand definitely does have a great breakfast with very many options. I'm glad to hear you and the family loved the food and your suite was comfortable for your family of four. We hope to have you back again the next time you are in River North area!

AGM

Been to Springhill Suites Chicago Downtown / River North? Share your experiences!