“Educational” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Adler Planetarium

Adler Planetarium
1300 S. Lake Shore Drive, Chicago, IL 60605 (South Loop)
312 922 7827
Ranked #95 of 953 things to do in Chicago
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The Adler has a prime location on the lake, but keeps its eyes on the stars.
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Saint Louis, Missouri
34 attraction reviews
“Educational”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

My husband and I enjoyed using our CityPass to visit the Planetarium. I am not a huge space/science lover, but still enjoyed this visit. We really enjoyed that a movie and the Atwood Sphere experience was included with our pass. We didn't need a lot of time here, so it's probably best it was part of our pass. Otherwise, I would probably bypass this on my trip, but that's just my opinion. If you like space and really get into that, it is a neat thing to see.

Visited January 2014

Chicago, Illinois
52 attraction reviews
“Not really for adults”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

I've gone here a couple of times since I moved to Chicago and the displays and the interactive exhibits are very good if you are a child but the most of the things to see are directed at children.

I don't mean to say it is bad by any terms but if you are a child you will enjoy it, the same way adults will enjoy the Art institute.

Visited August 2013
Bolingbrook, IL
11 attraction reviews
“Great Place to Visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

I am a memeber so I feel that is a great bargain. I can go as many times as I want with my grandchildren. The Sky Shows are great. There is a lot of hands on activities. There are also people in the halls doing experiments.There is an early navigational instrument display. There is also a section tracing early navigation around the world. You can also learn about the Maya and astronomy or you can learn about space explorations. These are just a few of the many things you can see. I have two teenagers and a toddler and they all seem to love the planetarium.

Visited January 2014
ohio
86 attraction reviews
“Great for rich kids.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

Our grandsons, ages 8 and 10, really enjoyed parts of this. It is very pricey, however. It cost us $76 to get in. Lockers were $2. Lunch set us back close to $40 in the cafe inside the building and no free refills on the (almost medium size) $2 drink. Parking was $22. We saw one movie and it was okay-- Undiscovered Worlds. I fell asleep a couple of times. The museum has many interactive parts to it which the boys enjoyed. They especially liked the play area where they could send a rocket up, wear space backpacks, try a space toilet and bed, walk through space, etc. They spent at least an hour in there. I just question the need for such a high price. The place was packed, though, so I guess I'm the only one questioning it.

Visited December 2013
Chaska, MN
45 attraction reviews
“A fun place.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

We have traveled a lot, and always visit the planetarium if the place has one. This is another in a long line of great ones. My wife brings something to poke me with because I always go to sleep at some point during the presentation, sometimes immediately after the lights go out. As we whizzed around the universe I am always amazed at the ingenuity and detail of the presentations. The Adler was one of the best. A fine presentation at a fair price. Go.

Visited August 2013