“Very nice but loud AC” 4 of 5 stars
Review of dana hotel and spa

You added dana hotel and spa to your Saves list
dana hotel and spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   660 North State Street, Chicago, IL 60654   |
Special Deal
Receive $10 F&B credit
Ranked #47 of 178 Hotels in Chicago
Graz, Austria
“Very nice but loud AC”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Very nice design hotel in central place of Chicago. Bars, Restaurants, Shopping can be done without car. The hotel is nice and the rooms very stylish (design hotel), fantastic view over Chicago from the small balcony. The only negative point is a relative loud air condition and you could hear a lot of noise all night coming from the town.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (386)
Louisville, KY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

It's rare that I find a hotel so perfectly designed for comfort, style, class and fun - especially in downtown Chicago!

The Dana is a wonder. The rooms were beautifully designed in a simple, contemporary style. I was blown away by the floor-to-ceiling windows along the exterior wall. What a view of the skyline! The rainfall showers were amazing and I've never slept in a more comfortable bed! (In fact, the bed was so nice, I bought one for my house.)

The restaurant was classy and delicious. I thought it was an interesting twist to find an Asian restaurant in the hotel lobby. I highly recommend it.

Finally, the top-floor night club was a great place to dance, have a few drinks and even sit around an outdoor campfire with friends. It was a wonderful weekend and I won't forget it!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Meridian, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I booked this hotel through a third party travel site as their deal of the day for 50% off, and I couldn't have picked a better hotel! At check in, I was recognized as a VIP member of that travel site and upgraded to a corner king room. They also gave me a $25 gift card to use anywhere in the hotel or spa. My room on the 15th floor overlooked the State St side of the hotel and it was a gorgeous room. I loved the hardwood floors in part of the room, the sleek decor and thought the room design was pretty innovative. The bed was very comfy and had great soft linens...a HUGE plus! The rainfall shower was great and had plenty of water pressure. I didn't experience any problems with water coming out of the shower like others have mentioned. The bathroom mirror had illumination along the outer edge which was nice, and I also appreciated that it was an anti-fog mirror. The floor to ceiling windows are incredible. I really enjoyed lounging in bed at night, just looking out at the city. It's true that you will hear some street noise here (mostly fire engines), but it wasn't uncomfortably loud.

The room had a small fridge with a minibar. It's nice that the items aren't sensored and can be removed, so I was able to purchase water from the 7-Eleven across the street to keep cool in my room. I was able to connect to the hotel WiFi easily on my iPad and phone, and truly appreciated that it was complimentary.

Location is great. I was able to walk all around the city from here, and never felt uneasy anywhere near the hotel. As a solo female traveler, I was a little nervous being in Chicago on my own! You can easily walk to several restaurants in the area: Giordano's, Lou Malnati's, Rock N' Roll McDonalds, Ed Debevics, Hard Rock Cafe, Rainforest Cafe, Chili's, etc. There's plenty of retail shopping north of the hotel and over on Michigan Ave.

I used my $25 gift card for an eyebrow wax in the spa. The facilities are very nice and the staff was terrific. Deanna did some amazing work on my eyebrows! It was great to be able to schedule an appointment online!

The lobby staff was very friendly also. The evening clerks (both gentleman, I didn't get their names) on Sunday and Monday nights were great to provide me with recommendations and directions. A female clerk (brown curly hair) on Monday morning helped me plan out my route for the day.

All in all, this was a fantastic stay! I would stay here again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Great staff, beautiful views from the floor to ceiling windows, and perfectly located within walking distance of all downtown sites. The spa was very relaxing, and enjoying some time in the sky deck club was a nice way to finish any night.

• Stayed July 2013
Rochester, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stayed here with my husband in June. I booked he and some of his business partners here for NeoCon. The rooms were small, but what you would expect from a city hotel room. The only thing I didn't like was the shower. There was a curtain that was on the outside of the glass next to the bed that someone can open. the person in the shower has no control. While i was with my husband and it wasn't an issue, I can't imagine if i was here with friends how uncomfortable it would be. Really weird design. Other than that, the staff was super friendly and helpful and the rooftop bar was a blast. Beautiful scenery, great cocktails and great bar staff. Location was great, we could walk to the Merchandise Mart from here and to tons of restaurants.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
tiburon, ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The hotel was is a great location with helpful staff. You could walk to everything - shopping, restaurants, parks, Chicago Art Institute. Everything about the stay was great. The price was reasonable considering the quality of the hotel. Would definitely stay again.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Bloomington, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We spent our 15 year anniversary at the Dana Hotel and Spa. The room even though it was small, had everything we needed. The service was excellent and the location was perfect. Close to everything. We would and will stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013

Been to dana hotel and spa? Share your experiences!