“Excellent again!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of dana hotel and spa

You added dana hotel and spa to your Saves list
dana hotel and spa
Certificate of Excellence 2014
charlotte
“Excellent again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

My second stay and what a wonderful stay it was! Room service was delicious. The restaurant was more of an Asian theme last time I was here and now it is more American. They have the most comfortable pillows ever! The shower was amazing and floor to ceiling windows..what more can I say.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
dana_hotel_mgt, Manager at dana hotel and spa, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Hi followmylead,
We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and our new restaurant, Argent Restaurant and Raw Bar. Thank you for mentioning our floor to ceiling windows, we are glad you enjoyed the view :)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (371)
East Lansing, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

This is my second time staying at the Dana and I was not disappointed. I found an excellent rate on their website, a AAA discount on a room for 2 only $107. The room was small, but I knew that when choosing it, only about 250 sq. ft., but everything was well thought out and the room was very attractive. The room also included a nice balcony and had the weather been nice, we would have enjoyed it! There are many larger rooms to choose from, but since it was just my daugher and myself and we were just staying one night, this size worked out fine for us. The staff is very down to earth and very friendly. The hotel is "hip" and the location is excellent. Comfortable bed, free wifi, nice wine selection, great shower, yummy looking snacks, what more can you ask for. I will return!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
dana_hotel_mgt, Manager at dana hotel and spa, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Hi teedeeandchelchel, Thank you for such a great review! I am so happy you were pleased with the hotel and your guestroom for you second time here. You must return when the weather is nicer to enjoy our balconies :)
Plainfield, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

The hotel was easy to find. There are purple lights on the trees outside. Its very close to so many excellent restaurants! We walked to Smith and Wollensky for dinner! The Grand Luxe is nearby and delicious for breakfast of lunch! Starbucks, Whole Foods, and 7-Eleven are right there to stock the room. It had an honor bar in the room. The room was great and had very comfortable beds. It had a concrete ceiling which was a little strange, but urban cool at the same time. We should have called down for different pillows because the down ones we had were very flat but it was late and we were tired....The shower split the bedroom and bath and was glass on both sides. It had a curtain for privacy if needed, but you could see through it. I loved the style. The rainshower was wonderful and the soaps and shampoos very, very nice! We had a balcony and could see rock and roll McD's and Excalibur. We chose not to splurge on the corner room with all the glass as we were only in the room from late night to midmorning but we saw inside one and it was beautiful and worth the extra if you were staying longer than we did! Valet parking was $41 overnight. The spa was wonderful and not crowded at all. We had an amazing couples massage to celebrate our anniversary! We did not eat in the hotel but they had 24 hour room service, a trendy restaurant, and rooftop bar! I highly recommend the hotel!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
dana_hotel_mgt, Manager at dana hotel and spa, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Hi Chrissy S,
Thank you for such a great review. I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your room, amenities and the location. we hope to see you again on your next visit to Chicago!
Littleton, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Fabulous, love the neighborhood too. The Vertgo lounge view is great. Sat next to Maya Angelou at the Italian restaurant down the street" I personally loved the decor of the hotel, incredible colors & textures.

Room Tip: Go high, as in top floors
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
dana_hotel_mgt, Manager at dana hotel and spa, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear Nancy Y, what a great, unique experience! Seeing celebrities is always exciting when you visit Chicago. So happy you enjoyed you stay and we will see you again soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a week while in vacation, everyone was extremely nice and very helpful and knowledgeable about the city, things to do and how to get around. The rooms were clean and very nice. I will be staying here anytime I visit Chicago!!!

• Stayed February 2013
dana_hotel_mgt, Manager at dana hotel and spa, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Hi ista0055, we are so happy you enjoyed your stay! Our location is great if you are spending a week in Chicago since there is so much to do and see in the River North area. I hope you can visit again soon when the weather is a bit warmer :)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Just checked out of this hotel and got our car from the hotelvalet service only to find it had been riffled through and THINGS WERE STOLEN OUT OF CAR! It was obvious when we opened the car door that something wasn't right...papers, CDs, and keys were on the backseat and front passenger seat. When we immediately said something to the doorman and valet driver, the doorman just said, "he said there was nothing in it" or something flip to that effect, and they both walked away to move on to other guests. Unbelievable! There was no sign of forced entry/damage, so this was clearly the Dana Hotel's negligence and responsibilty. As we started to go through the car to see what was missing, I called up to the front desk and was told to ask the doorman to call security, which we did. We went back in and up to the lobby and approached the desk where the apparent manager and security guard were conferring. I wish I could say we were at least pleased with the way this situation was handled, but unfortunately that is not the case. They took the information and wanted an inventory of items missing. We had told them initially that there were iPhone cords/chargers and change missing, and the security guard said, "So besides some cords and quarters, what else is missing?" which I thought was callous and rude. After returning to the vehicle to verify there was no apparent damage/evidence of forced entry, they took the rest of the inventory of missing items (GPS, iPod, etc) we were sent on our way and told they would investigate it. A short time later, we received a phone call from the hotel security guard suggesting we file a police report. What an unsatisfactory experience! With all the choices in the city, pass up this mediocre hotel with obvious security breaches, and stay elsewhere!!

• Stayed February 2013
dana_hotel_mgt, Manager at dana hotel and spa, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear Pamda317, Our guest security is very important to us, and we are very sorry that wasn't your experience during your stay. I know you have been discussing this issue with management already and someone will be in contact with you to discuss further as communicated to you over the weekend.
Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

This is the most fabulous hotel in the gorgeous city of Chicago!!!!! Our stay was for "surgical" reasons this time. My husband had surgery at the surgical center across the street. (any reason to stay here is a good one!) I just cannot believe the consistency of quality service that we continually get from this hotel!!! It is such a pleasure to stay at a hotel that we are so welcomed at, cared for, and appreciated. I really cannot tell you ANY other businesses, whatever the product or service being sold, that has ANYWHERE NEAR the exemplary customer service that this hotel has. Every aspect of the Dana is over-the-top wonderful! And, I can see why every time that I visit.... THE STAFF!!! I really cannot say enough about how special these people are! They are truly like family! They, and I mean ALL OF THEM, go way out of their way to make our stay in Chicago the best that it can be, whatever the situation. >>>just a little run-down of these fabulous, angelic people .... Yolanda, Terri, Blair, Tim, Romeo, TJ, Chris, Lindsay, Gabby, Jeff, Sherman, Luke (new doorman), and Richard... although he is an employee of Argent Restaurant, he is ALWAYS our fave server when we are there! All of the housekeeping staff and maintenance staff are also the best!!<<<

This is why we visit every month to every two months...
This is why we will stay NOWHERE ELSE in Chicago...
And... this is why you really should stay at the DANA HOTEL AND SPA!!!

ps. thanks so much to our special friends.... see you soon!!

Room Tip: any room with a balcony is a fabulous room!!!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi gerrsbabe, I am so happy to hear you had such a fantastic stay yet again! It sounds like you have a great relationship with our staff and I am pleased they make your stay enjoyable, even if the circumstances are having surgery. Thank you so much for your wonderful comments and we will see you again in a month or two :)

Been to dana hotel and spa? Share your experiences!