“Second stay even better.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of dana hotel and spa

Save Saved
You added dana hotel and spa to your Saves list
dana hotel and spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   660 North State Street, Chicago, IL 60654   |
Ranked #57 of 169 Hotels in Chicago
Little Rock, Arkansas
“Second stay even better.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

The Dana Hotel is the perfect hotel for couples or adults. We checked in on Christmas Day and were pleased with the staff and our Christmas Upgrade to a Tranquil suite. Two balconies, sitting area, honor bar , table and chairs, two tv's, separate bedroom (with balcony ). The bed and linens were so comfortable. Good down pillows and comforter. Now lets get to the spa shower. Large walk-in with two waterfall shower heads, a hand held sprayer, body jets and two bench seats. DIVINE. If you book thru the hotel directly you receive 10 dollar per person vouchers to use at the hotels restaurant. We enjoyed all our meals. We had lunch, happy hour and two dinners in the hotel. The hotel alone doesn't get all the compliments. The staff is what bumps it up to top notch. Friendly, informative and just pleasant to deal with. A big THANK YOU to Ramsey, Sherman, and Romeo for our initial check in. Cesar and T.J. are two doormen that put a smile on your face every time. Professional and fun. The hotel is located just steps away from all the shopping in either direction. Close to great restaurants and pubs. Chose the Dana and you can't go wrong.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
dana_hotel_mgt, Manager at dana hotel and spa, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Dear rogerandvirginia, it was just wonderful to read your glowing review. Your repeat business is crucial to our success, and I am so happy we have exceeded your expectations. Thank you for taking the time to recognize some of our staff individually, that was very thoughtful. Can't wait to see you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (328)
Mississauga, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Pick this hotel because of the review and there was a deal from Groupon, so I couldn't resist. I upgraded to Corner King and it was worth it, perfect view and an awesome room for couple.
Stayed here for 3 nights, got free breakfast at Argent which is delicious gourmet breakfast. Love it.

Location is unbeatable, close to magnificent mile, lots of nice restaurant and feel safe around the neighborhood.

They have a sky lounge club top of the hotel, lots of private events when I visited, so not many were dancing and DJ ain't that good either. However the line up for the club is long, and I skipped the line being a guest of the hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
dana_hotel_mgt, Manager at dana hotel and spa, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Dear CChin1010, I am so happy we exceeded your expectations! It sounds like you experienced most of our amenities during your stay, and I am glad you enjoyed yourself. Please come back and try our spa at dana to get the full experience :)
Oak Park, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

I would like to stay that I live in Chicago but decided to get a room downtown so I can enjoy myself without worrying about a car. The Dana had to be the perfect hotel for this. We were close to everything but didn't want to leave me room. The staff was wonderful and caring. The club on the top floor was pretty nice too. Took a carriage ride instead of a cab back to my room and got dropped off in front of the building. Great hotel and will definitely be back.

Room Tip: I stayed on the top floor but was warned ahead of time that it could get noisy because of the club...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Hi nathan e, how cool to get a carriage ride back to your room! Very unique way to travel these days. I am so happy you enjoyed our location, thank you for staying with us. See you again soon :)
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

Everything about our stay was fantastic. My boyfriend and I stayed in a corner King -- the views of the city were outstanding, and we loved the modern and simplistic style of the room and entire hotel. We loved the openness of the room and the convenient location to public transportation and Chicago nightlife. Everything about the hotel felt very new. Can't say enough nice things about this hotel!

Room Tip: Corner King had lots of light due to floor to wall windows, and the view was superb.
Hacienda Heights, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

All I have to say about the Dana is that it exceeded my expectations! The lobby is simple, yet chic and the room we had (corner king) was phenomenal. The rooms aren't huge, but the floor to ceiling windows make them feel so open and the light coming in is great! The views aren't bad either. Just make sure to bring down the drapes when it is time to shower unless you want to give the neighboring buildings a peep show. Other than that I loved the rooms at the Dana! The bed is very comfortable, bathrooms are very nice and the glass shower is a fun little treat!! The mini bar is stocked with great drinks at a reasonable price and there is a coffee maker in the room for your convenience. The rooms are wood floors throughout with very chic decorations that make you feel at home and not so much like you are in a stuffy hotel room.

The hotel itself was close to so many great restaurants, shops, and public transport. It was very easy for us to get around from the Dana. There are even a few bars located within the hotel on different levels. The Vertigo bar was a bit too overcrowded with drunk college kids, so I wouldn't recommend going there if you want a drink in a relaxed enviornment.

If you are looking for a great place to stay in this awesome city, I would recommend staying here and I cannot wait to go back!!

Room Tip: Corner King is the best room! I suggest splurging a little more for that one. I promise you will not...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
dana_hotel_mgt, Manager at dana hotel and spa, responded to this review, December 22, 2012
Dear iloveireland13, Yay! So happy we exceeded your expectations! We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel and look forward to your return visit :)
Palatine, Il
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

The king room was ok. Clean with comfortable bed. The location is convenient to north Michigan Ave. Beware of the downstairs bar where a glass of red zinfandel is $18. Stay at the hotel but socialize somewhere else.

Room Tip: Get a corner room.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Hi kyf, thank you for choosing dana hotel and spa for your recent stay. While I was happy to read you enjoyed the guestrooms, I was sorry to see that you were not happy with our pricing the in restaurant. We appreciate your feedback and hope you give us another try!
Amsterdam
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012 via mobile

In chicago for a conference and had preferred the James before, I chose to go to the Dana this time. The rooms and rates seemed appealing and practical, however, it was an experience of contrasts.
Check in was quick and clear. Got a great room on the 24th floor. Stayed in many a hotel but I really enjoyed the room, top to bottom glass windows facing the downtown chicago, which must be one of the best city views. Great linens, proper, well equipped minibar, good free wifi. Great products from Lather. Nice central location in chicago.
However, poor sound isolation. I arrived saturday night which appearantly is the nights out for party people in the hotel. There is a rooftop bar which i enjoyed until very late but much worse were the obnoxiously loud party people next door which i could follow with every word and drink. Sound proofing is a means of privacy in a hotel, and this was NOT present. The restaurant downstairs was devoid of any ambiance. Merely a passing through place. On checking out the clerk could not be disturbed. So minus on the service.
Went to a steakhouse in a nearby hotel and the place was bustling with so many folks for the conference. The dana was sadly silent and empty. But great great room, good location, and soundproofing would help

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear cprm, Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. We appreciate your feedback. I was very happy to see you enjoyed the room and the amenities. My sincerest apologies for the various deficiencies you experienced during your stay. I do hope you try us again since your description is not what our guests typically experience!

Been to dana hotel and spa? Share your experiences!