“Awesome and off the beaten path.” 5 of 5 stars

25% off room rate
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Rosalie
Certificate of Excellence 2014
minneapolis
“Awesome and off the beaten path.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

This isn't Cancun. If you are looking for a party on the beach every night, this isn't for you. However, if you are looking for a vacation on an island that feels untouched by tourism and massive hotels, you'll want to check out Dominica. The Rosalie Bay resort is not the easiest to get to, but it is worth every turn on the windy road. Rooms are lovely and clean. The restaurant is open to the sound of the beautiful black beach and you won't find food this good anywhere else on the island, except maybe at the little french outdoor cafe about 20 minutes away. We had a great afternoon lunch during a rainstorm and I commented how I felt like Robinson Crusoe, not another building in site. They have spa at the resort. I had a great 4 handed massage beach side, my first time for that. The ladies in the group treated themselves to facials. I don't know what a facial intails, but there were no complaints. Hotel staff was great, cheery and helpful. We especially had fun talking with the pool staff while drinking Cuba Libres. I've stayed at a lot of resort hotels and they are mostly all the same. Same hotel, different beach, but this was a totally different experience. If you like your island vacations rowdy and busy, don't go. But if you love nature, rivers, hikes, diving, or just want to truly relax, this is it. And I guarantee you'll go home with a heartache because you had to leave it. I know I did.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Durham, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

It is amazingly beautiful here. My husband and I found peace walking on the beach or on the grounds. We used the resort as a take-off place for hiking and going to nearby towns.
The staff were wonderful. The rooms were beautiful.
A turtle came on the beach one night when were were there.
It is hard to do better.

Room Tip: Hard to go wrong. All the rooms are beautiful.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Burnsville, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

My trip to Dominica, specifically to Rosalie Bay, was nothing short of an amazing adventure... getting there is not easy from MN, however it was well worth the effort!

During my six days at RB, I enjoyed long walks on the black sand beach, a beautiful pool, terrific food (my fav was the seafood chowder), beachfront yoga, infused rums :), amazing scenery everywhere, cooking lessons, the continuous sound of the ocean surf, and an absolutely amazing massage from two lovely ladies at the Spa... yes, TWO... and between their expertly synchronized movements and the sound of the ocean surf in the open air massage studio, I was in HEAVEN! :) I have never experienced anything like it and it was amazing!

On my excursions outside of RB, I saw the Dominican countryside and met several locals on this nature-island... I experienced some "interesting car rides" (yes the roads are tricky, so I hired a driver), snorkeling, a wilderness that was truly gorgeous and lush but without bugs!!

If you have a bent toward nature, this island is for you. I missed the arrival of the three sea turtles that nest on RB by only a few weeks, so if experiencing them is on your bucket list, make sure you time your stay during the nesting periods of these beautiful and rare animals....

Regardless of your reasons for a stay at RB, be sure to experience a synchronized massage no matter what! :)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Truly beautiful property with so much to offer in the surrounding area! We hiked daily, enjoyed flavorful meals and were even invited to join the staff in a drink tasting! A great place to base camp and completely family-friendly! Will definitely be back!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

My husband and I spent a week at Rosalie Bay, and loved every minute of it. The staff were attentive, without exception. The property was as advertised, no suprises. The resort is on the Atlantic side of the island, and since we are divers, we were transported by staff to the Carribean side of the island for diving and whale encounters. Driving would have been very difficult for a visitor. Tour guides were very interesting and worked hard to please tourists in the experiences they provided. The resort's restaurant was quite good, and the only recommendation I would make would be to have a daily dinner special that is not on the menu for those visitors who have extended stays. The beach was beautiful, but there are no beach chairs available since the ocean there is not "swimmable" due to currents. This is a very picturesque place and quite relaxing. We would return to Dominica, and we would definitely stay at Rosalie Bay again. This side of the island was enthralling since it is a lush rain forest. I would not stay on the Carribean side of the island now that we have visited because it lacks breeze and is hot and crowded. As to Rosalie Bay and the island in general, there were no disappointments for us! We used ALdive for our diving experiences, and this family ownded business was super attentive and enjoyable. The diving was good and the whale watching was as well, we saw 1 humpback whale and 5 sperm whales in one afternoon!

Room Tip: Stay in the ocean front suite or rooms. Those in the center of the resort are not scenic and do not...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
St. John's, Antigua
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

I always wanted to visit Dominica because all Dominicans I met all over the world were friendly to a fault...so I thought they must be from a wonderful place and Dominica did not disappoint. What a beautiful, unspoilt, natural place full of warm , friendly and happy, people. I spent my week at the tranquil Rosaline Bay Resort, where I was treated like family by staff and owners. The highlight was the Leather-back Turtle laying eggs in the silky, black sand....What Peace!!!!Paradise does exist.

Room Tip: All Rooms have great views of gardens and ocean....
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

A remarkable haven on Dominica - by far the best accommodations and food on the island. As part of my trip I stayed at other hotels on Dominica - nothing comes even close to Rosalie Bay. The Atlantic side of the island is a bit more challenging for diving, wale watching - but really, anything you want is within a 45 minute drive. The Island has many places to explore - truly beautiful and out of the way.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to Rosalie Bay Resort? Share your experiences!