“Has Been” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Champaign

You added Red Roof Inn Champaign to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Champaign
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   212 West Anthony Drive, Champaign, Champaign-Urbana, IL 61820   |
Ranked #20 of 23 Hotels in Champaign
Lakeland
“Has Been”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

I am a disabled senior citizen and a frequent Red Roof Traveler, and I am usually very satisfied with my accomadations.

Arrived in Champaign on 14 Dec 2013 in the evening. Previous night Champaign received 10" of Snow. Had requested an acessiable 1st floor room, but found no one had plowed their property 12 hours after the storm, so could not get to room. Stayed in Room 148 by using car to make numerous tracks so could walk to room. Room was remodeled in 1960 and smelled bad, but charging 2013 Chicago prices.

Red Roof needs to send in a Quality Assurance Team and belive they would recommend closure of Unit.

Best advice is to bypass this unit.

Room Tip: Be carefull when making reservations at an Inn you do not know.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
i0170, Manager at Red Roof Inn Champaign, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
We are very sorry to hear that your stay was unpleasant.
We are new management and are working to take this property to the next level by early this year. We are working towards major updates to this property. Our plan is to start renovating this facility from March and finish it up by November of this year.
We are also working towards our customer service training for our staff and lined up our cleaning staff with next level training as well, so that they understand our customers needs and fulfill their needs 100%.
I do want to invite you to our facility once it is flipped around this year. Look for updates on redroof.com for our facility. Once we complete renovation we will update everything on the web for our future guests.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Champaign, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

My family and I stayed at The Red Roof Inn in Champaign for 3 nights during the recent snow storm. My daughter is 9 months pregnant and needed to be close to the hospital. We chose this hotel for the price and that they are pet friendly. We have flea free non shedding poodles who upon arrival I was instructed they must be kept on leashes and pick up thier messes. Fine I do that anyway. We got 2 non smoking rooms on the first floor. The rooms were not clean, carpet stained and filthy. Bedspreads were old torn and wrinkled. Mold around bathtubs. The first room we were in had a door that wouldn't lock so we put a chair against it to keep it from blowing open. ( it was a snow storm with below zero temps) Next morning I told the staff they moved us to another room. Meanwhile my neighbors had two huge dogs they just let out the door with no leashes and let them use the bathroom in front if the room doors without picking it up and yelling for the dogs at 2 am.Then I get a call from my daughter crying telling me there were fleas all over her bed and crawling on her..Dogs were covered in fleas also! Back to the office to tell the desk clerk about the fleas she acted like I was lying but moved them to another room. I have never spent a worse 3 days in my life. It was dirty, loud people, non caring staff. The only thing this motel needs is a bulldozer.I believe this family deserves a complete refund! Plus all 4 dogs have an appointment with a groomer for the fleas! If you want a clean comfortable nights sleep DON'T stop at this Red Roof INN. I am reporting this dump to the local health dept. also. Susanne Oaks Urbana Illinois

• Stayed January 2014
i0170, Manager at Red Roof Inn Champaign, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
We appreciate your taking time to tell us about your visit. We have had our exterminator out to check the room. He said he did not find anything, however we had the room treated to be sure.
We are new management since October 16 and are trying to take this property to the next level by fall of this year. Our plan is to start renovating this facility in March and finish it up by early fall. We are also working towards our customer service training for our staff. We also lined up our cleaning staff with next level training, so that they understand our customers needs and fulfill their needs with 100%.
I do want to invite you to our facility once it is flipped around this year. Look for updates on redroof.com for our facility. Once we complete renovation, we will update everything on the web for our future guests.

P. Patel
Scottsdale, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

It's an old rri what do I expect right? Plus dogs in the rooms to either side of me. The bed covers looked like excremental fluids. Really they did. Terrible. Punks hanging out in lobby on arrival. Talked to front desk about the barking dogs. She shrugged her shoulders this place was a pig sty.

• Stayed November 2013
i0170, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Champaign, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

I made the reservation for this room online and went out of my way by 20 miles to come to Champaign, with the thought of saving some money. When I got there, it had the Red Roof Inn sign, but the desk clerk informed me that the hotel had been sold over a month earlier. They no longer honored points to Redicard holders. If I had known that, I would not have driven to Champaign in the snow that night.
I went down the street to a Fairfield Inn and got a good room at a good price. I'd advise you to do the same if you need a room in Champaign.
Red Roof Inn needs to update their website to not take reservations for this hotel. The whole deception left a bad taste for this chain.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience.
We are very sorry to hear that your stay was unpleasant. We do still honor the Redi Card program and have made sure that all of our staff understand that.
Cahokia,IL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

I found this hotel on the internet, felt it was a good price for overnight stay....upon check in to guys greeted us with drinks in hand & stumbling all over the place...Hotel cleark was nice & kind....Went to room to realx & it smeeled like a ashtray, the floor was so nasty till I didn't remove my shoes & the bed was supported by two by fours & when you sat @ the edge the top of the bed flipped up.....OMG! I went to ask for a refund & the clerk said I would have to wait until morning until the manger was there...I have stayed @ other Red Roof INNS & the stay has never been this challenging.....I slept in my car & was VERY DISAPPOINTED by this Hotel.....This place needs to be troe down, remodeled or the guest needs to be screened better........MY WORST STAY EVER!!!@

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

This hotel was completely adequate for my needs. I wanted a reasonably priced no frills room for the night and that's what I got. I'm happy to say the bedspread and curtains looked fairly new and clean, though the wooden furniture showed signs of wear. But all in all, a totally fine stay. There's no need to nitpick a budget motel and I feel like a got a good overall value, which is important to me. The location was also good, with easy access to I-74 and plenty of restaurants. I'd be happy to stay here again should the need arise.

• Stayed October 2013
i0170, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Champaign, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. If you ever are looking for "frills", you may be interested to hear about our Superior King room. This room is a larger King room that has a microfridge, one-cup coffee maker, and desk area. As you stated, we are close to several restaurants with many within walking distance. I am glad your stay was satisfactory and thank you for choosing Red Roof Inn Champaign for your lodging needs. We will see you next time you are in town.
MANTENO
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

I am a Red Roof in fan. I try and stay at Red Roof where ever I am. I have been a ready card member since 1993.
This particular Red Roof has been a thorn in my side. Tonight I checked in after dark, about 8:45pm. It is "Dads Weekend" at Illinois so the rates have been jacked up. Two days min and $203 bill. 8 am in an ADA room.
When I pulled up I noticed that the outside portico light was out. I called Clif at the front desk and he t9ld me he didn't have access to the lightbulbs and couldn't replace the bulb.
I have great difficulty with my vision and not being able to see to enter my room is a big deal to me. I uploaded picture.
Second, the bed didn't look freshly made. It looks as though someone was sitting on the bed after it was made. AGAIN SEE PICTURE.
The inn is old, but has been revamped. It still smells a little musty and there is water damage in the walls. Even the pillows are packing. AGAIN SEE PICTURE.
There are many many hotels in Champaign Urbana area and I won't be coming back to Red Roof Inn in Champaign.
I will write a letter to Red Roof Corporate. If I don't get a satisfactory response, I will turn in my ready card and try a different brand.
There is a nice looking Super 8, Ramada and Comfort Inn on Lincoln Avenue and I will try them.
Stayed 27SEP2013 AND 28SEP2013 in Room #124.

• Stayed September 2013
i0170, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Champaign, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Thank you for telling us about your stay. I have carefully read your review and understand your concerns. I want to apologize for your unsatisfactory stay and assure you we have addressed the issues. I have talked to my laundry and housekeeping staff to discuss a better procedure for getting the wrinkles out of the bedding so the bed has a fresher appearance. I have also trained my front desk staff on the location of the light bulbs and how to change the coach lights when they burn out.
As a Red Roof RediCard member, you know how much we value our customers and your return business. Please accept my apologies. The next time you are at our location, please do not hesitate to ask for me personally. Thank you for voiceing your concerns so we can better serve you in the furture.

Been to Red Roof Inn Champaign? Share your experiences!