“Excellent customer service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Champaign

Save Saved
You added Red Roof Inn Champaign to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Champaign
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   212 West Anthony Drive, Champaign, Champaign-Urbana, IL 61820   |
Ranked #22 of 23 hotels in Champaign
“Excellent customer service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

I arrived at the hotel to check in late after a very long day only to find my double room had erroneously been given to another person in my party. I had to have a double as there were two of us in the room. Trish was the clerk on duty and instead of giving me a myriad of excuses, she immediately went about finding a way to fix my problem. I was incredibly impressed with Trish and her ability to quickly resolve my problem! Many kudos to her!!! She is the kind of person every business should have working for them! The rest of my stay was pleasant and the location of the hotel was ideal for me and the party I had booked there. Many thanks Trish for being a great representative of Red Roof!

• Stayed May 2013
i0170, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Champaign, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Thank you for offering feedback about your stay. We strive to give every guest superior service. I apologize for your room going to another person in your party, but I am very glad to hear Trisha was able to take care of you and get you settled in. I will pass along the praise you gave to Trisha. Thanks again, and we will see you the next time you are in the area.

71 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Tuscola, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

When i stay at this location everyone is so nice and there for you. great area and great prices..The mang is very nice ,out going,willing to work with you and nancy the day shift desk person . great gal as well.Always nice to have someone great you like shes does as well as the mang Nicole.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
i0170, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Champaign, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Thank you Gina E for your review. We truely love taking care of our guests. We want all of our guests to feel comfortable, significant and delighted. I will pass along your comments to the staff and we are looking forward to serving you on your next visit.
Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

For 40.00 it works. I wouldn't pay any more though..... we had the handicap room. My husband uses a walker and had a very difficult time getting past the bed to the bathroom. Also the bathtub was pretty nasty. We would not have stayed had we noticed it earlier. Also for a handicap room I wonder how they expect someone to take a shower. There is a bathtub & you can't get someone into it..My suggestion would be get a regular room if your handicapped. They looked bigger & since you can't use the tub anyway..........Walk in showers should be required in ALL handicap rooms. They are no good otherwise. The room was fair for the price, other than the bathroom.

Room Tip: Grab a coupon book from a rest area.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
i0170, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Champaign, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you for giving us your feedback. I apologize that your experience was less than satisfying. We have 2 types of Handicap Accessible rooms, one type has the roll-in shower and the other has a bathtub. We took a look at the tub and noticed the calking needed replaced. Again, thank you for letting us know so we could correct the issue quickly.
Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

For anyone on a budget, we recommend staying here. The staff was very friendly and accomodated our requests. Since we stayed three nights, we requested a room with a fridge and a microwave. To our surprise all rooms are equipped with fridges and microwaves! Our room included a king bed with plenty of pillows and was very spacious. Another great feature is that the rooms have electric heat so you don't hear the noisy fans--a great asset! Overall, we were very pleased! Also, we traveled with a pet; Red Roof does not charge an extra fee! Thank you Red Roof for being pro-pet!

Room Tip: If possible request a room away from the freeway.
Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
i0170, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Champaign, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
We are happy to hear you and your pet had a comfortable stay. The microfridges are in our Superior King rooms and are a great value for guests that are staying multiple days. I will pass along to the team your commentsand we will see you the next time you are in town.
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

I will say upfront that this is not a "turn the bed down," "mint on your pillow" type of place, but it doesn't pretend to be. What it is is a nice clean, quiet place with comfortable rooms for the traveler

I have stayed here many times, and the staff has always been very nice. On this visit, Nicole truly went above and beyond in getting the type of room I needed and I appreciate it.

For someone traveling, the location's close proximity to shopping and dining is a plus. If you're more interested in what you're in town to do, I would recommend giving Red Roof a try.

Room Tip: Get the Business King on the first floor.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
i0170, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Champaign, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Thank you for your review and loyalty. My staff and I was more than happy to assist with making your stay comfortable and we believe it is what every guest deserves. It was great to have you stay with us and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in town.
O'Brien, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

We stayed in room 237 which had a kingbed, recliner, mico/ref., and work station. Prefect... The room was very clean and updated. It was a large room and I felt very comfortable, with a soft bed and pillows. The staff was friendly and helpful.. Would stay here again

Room Tip: Room 237 is a nice room to stay in. Non-smoking, king bed, micro/ref., work station.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
i0170, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Champaign, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you for your kind words. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay, I hope you give us the opportunity to serve you in the future.
Sabetha, KS
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I second the review by DBATL for this motel. Unfortunately, my boss let the secretary back at the office choose this hotel rather than me. The hotel I wanted to stay in was already booked (Comfort Suites - Urbana).

The only thing they spent money on at this motel is the nice bright Red Roof Inn sign. My room was clean-ish. I highly doubt any real money has been spent on any of the rooms since possibly the mid 1980's. Highly worn furniture, crappy bed, old fixtures such as the sink area and shower. The old shower curtain was just long enough by one inch to hold itself inside of the tub if I didn't accidentally bump it. My room was supposed to be a non-smoking room. I don't know if it is always a non-smoking room though. It almost had that smell of a room that been smoked in, but covered up with whatever they spray to help dissipate the smell.

Before I went to my room I split a 6 pack with one of my co-workers in his room and it was exactly the same in the other building.

As far as the manager's reply to DBATL about the TVs being upgraded by the end of July to flat screens that is a lie. My TV was an old style TV just like the one in my co-worker's room in the other building. The carpet in my room was worn out enough that you could see ridges where it was loose and needed to be stretched or replaced. The walls had wallpaper over former repairs where holes got knocked in the drywall.

This place is a dive and I strongly suggest only staying here if you have to. Go somewhere else if you have options.

Room Tip: Choose a room at another hotel.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
i0170, Manager at Red Roof Inn Champaign, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
I am sorry your stay was not satisfactory. Our Inn was built in 1987 and one major renovation has taken place. This year we have been focusing on replacing carpet and mattresses to those rooms that are worn. You are correct that we have not received our flat screen TVs due to them being on back order. I am sorry you were not able to get your first choice hotel and I thank you for choosing Red Roof Inn.

Been to Red Roof Inn Champaign? Share your experiences!