“Great Breakfast at the OPH” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Peoria, Illinois, United States
“Great Breakfast at the OPH”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

Visited the Original Pancake House this week and had a great breakfast. Ordered the Meat Lovers Omelet with wheat toast. Omelet is very large with lots of meat, baked in the oven and very fluffy. Waitress was very friendly and made sure of coffee refills. Have been hear a number of times and will be back again!

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“Awesome as always!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

We make a point to stop by here every time we visit Champaign. Can't order enough of our favorites in the short time we're there. Love the food and the atmosphere.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Champaign, Illinois
“$60 for pancakes?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I used to go to OPH semi regularly. There food is generally pretty decent and the servers are almost always polite and helpful.

However, their prices in recent years have become a little ridiculous over the years (e.g. $2.30 for coffee in Champaign?); particularly for this type of restaurant and what you get. I haven't been in a while, but went with my family last weekend only to be surprised by the quality and price of the food from what I used to enjoy. Given, this was during a very busy Sunday morning, so take that into account with this review.

The 4-1/2 of us (3 year old daughter shared our food) walked out of there after spending $60 (70 w/ tip) on -- a meal each, with 3 sides and a drink for each. The bacon was cold and chewy, the pancakes were soft, but on the powdery side, coffee was so bitter it made me cringe, french toast was great and the eggs were amazing.

I don't mind good money on good food...but this was a $40 meal at best. At best.

We probably won't go there again, which is a shame because it used to be something we loved.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Savoy, Illinois
“Amazing food - a must try!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

The Original Pancake House is actually the first job that I ever had so I got to see an entirely different side of this place. I can tell you for certain that the food here is excellent and very consistent. The three items that are must haves from my perspective are the Apple Pancake, the home fried potatoes with bacon and cheese, and the Sourdough grilled cheese sandwich which I happen to think is the best grilled cheese I've ever had! Do yourself a favor and check it out!

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Tennessee
“You won't leave hungry”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

If you love a filling breakfast, this is the place. The portions are huge, which makes it easy to share at the table. I skipped the pancakes and went for fruit, eggs, and bacon. The side order of strawberries was fresh and easily enough for 2 adults. Bacon was crispy, not limp and greasy, which is my preference. The place was busy, but the staff was very attentive.