“Great hotel for marathon” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Homewood Suites by Hilton Champaign-Urbana

You added Homewood Suites by Hilton Champaign-Urbana to your Saves list
Homewood Suites by Hilton Champaign-Urbana
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1417 South Neil Street, Champaign, Champaign-Urbana, IL 61820   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Double Points
Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Champaign
Chicago, United States
“Great hotel for marathon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Went for marathon this year. Having a kitchen was great since we used it to cook up some pasta the night before the race (although this turned out to be unnecessary since there was a free pasta dinner provided by the hotel). They also served breakfast earlier than usual to accommodate the early race start time. Starting line was a 10 minute walk from hotel, so location is perfect.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Rancho Santa Margarita, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I stayed at the Homewood Suites for a week long business trip while in Champaign Il. The hotel is conveniently located in the center of everything, with a drugstore, coffeeshop and a couple of small restaurants within walking distance. It is extremely quiet and I was able to sleep comfortable every night. Seems like it was recently renovated, because everything was new and clean. The room I was in actually had a complete kitchen and one bedroom. I've lived in smaller places while in College! My only beef, was that the breakfast was not up to par with other hotel breakfasts at other chains. The eggs were too runny, and they kept mixing it up, with quiche etc. I did not ahve a chance to try the dinner/happy hour, but I assume it was nice, hey, free beer. Would stay again.

Room Tip: Get one close to the entrance, very long hotel makes it a long walk to lobby.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
East Troy, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I stayed here for Ebertfest 2013. They offered a nice discount, it was convenient to the venue, and was recommended by a friend. I was VERY impressed by the room, the comfort of the bed, the very nice bathroom facilities, the kitchen with amenities, including a full sized fridge, the nice TV package, free Internet and the wide variety of food offered at breakfast which had some variations of entrees the 2nd morning I was there. But in addition, I was impressed with the very warm welcome of the gentleman at the desk (and short conversation about Ebertfest which he used to attend); I was impressed by every "lower level worker" that I met in the hallways who warmly smiled and greeted me while continuing about their business, as well as the woman who worked the breakfast area; it was as if there were 3 of her, bringing out food, wiping down the counters and straightening out the eating area while still having a moment to kindly say good morning to everyone.

Homewood Suites is normally fancier and more expensive than I generally pay, but with the Ebertfest discount,, I felt I was really getting a bargain and having a couple nights of luxury. I was impressed with Homewood Suites enough that I am going to check them out for future trips, even without the discount!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Saint Peters, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Thank you, Homewood Suites, for making our Christie Clinic race weekend such a great experience! Our room was ready when we arrived, was spacious and very clean. The staff was very friendly when we checked in. The staff was so considerate of the runners/walkers there for the weekend events - they even provided a complimentary pasta dinner on Friday evening! Breakfast hours were a little longer on race morning to try to accommodate all of us. At the door, before heading out for the race, there was a table with cut-up oranges, bananas and different types of granola bars as well as water bottles. We truly felt like the red carpet was laid out for us this weekend. Our reservations have already been made for next year and we can't wait to return!

Room Tip: I would choose a room a close to the elevator as the halls are pretty long if you are on the opposit...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Champaign, IL, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Accommodations are excellent. Suite was great, spacious and clean. Staff was wonderful, polite and helpful. Exercise room was small but sufficient. However, find anywhere else to eat breakfast, and I mean anywhere. Even a lowly Waffle House blows the socks off the complimentary breakfast at this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

springfield, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

The rooms are nice. I was here for work and appreciate the extra room of the Homewood suites brand. The staff was super. Jasmine was so nice at dinner. The food was much better than I expected it would be for free. The wine was a nice touch. I have stayed here before and would stay here again.

Everyone here was friendly. I wish all of my hotel stays were this pleasant. If only there was a beach nearby, it would be a nice vacation spot.
Thanks for making my stay pleasant.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Very spacious, clean rooms. Weeknight dinner provided, and hot breakfast every morning. Great value. Area around the hotel is not that impressive, but I guess it's Champaign.

We had requested a room away from the elevator and they gave us the one at the end of a very long hallway (we did ask!). My only comment on this is that the hallway decor is awful...seems like I was walking through a nursing home. The wallpaper and carpeting is not what I would term "like home".

I read in other reviews that this hotel is walking distance to the U of I campus. I supposed that it depends on where on campus you are going. It would be quite a long walk.

All in all, I would stay here again. Can't beat the price and the amount of space in the suites.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Champaign-Urbana? Share your experiences!