“Very nice, Recommend 100%” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Homewood Suites by Hilton Champaign-Urbana

You added Homewood Suites by Hilton Champaign-Urbana to your Saves list
Homewood Suites by Hilton Champaign-Urbana
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1417 South Neil Street, Champaign, Champaign-Urbana, IL 61820   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Double Points
Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Champaign
Little Rock, Arkansas
“Very nice, Recommend 100%”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

I had to stay here for a friends wedding so I wasn't really expecting much in the way of a hotel but I have to say I was blown away at how nice this place was. Their breakfast buffet was very good and free. The room was very spacious and comfortable. There were many restaurants within a 10 walking distance from the hotel which was very nice. The best part about the room was things were very quiet throughout the hotel so we weren't bothered by any noise. If you're planning on making a trip to Champaign, definitely keep this place high on your list you won't regret it.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

My husband told me to review this for him. He stayed at this hotel for 2 nights for business. His business meetings were at the University, so this was a perfect location. He loved the dinner and drinks included with the price of the room. He also had a free breakfast. His room was clean and he had plenty of room. His bed was comfortable. He said that he will definitely be staying there again. Plus, we were able to get HHonors points.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

We made this hotel our home away from home for six days around our son's wedding. It was absolutely wonderful. Several of our family were also here, and I was so glad I had suggested this hotel for their stay.

We especially appreciated the staff, who went out of their way to make us comfortable and welcome. The breakfasts and evening receptions were really good, and so convenient while we were so busy. Having books and videos available for our little grand daughter to borrow was a real plus, and the staff were so nice to her.

The facilities were always clean and well cared for. The staff was exceptional.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

By far the best hotel experience that I have had in YEARS! It may seem hard to believe, but his hotel beats out some 5 star hotels in Chicago and for half the price. The Monday evening reception features good food and drinks (our dinner), and the morning breakfast was a wide variety of fresh fruits, hot entrees, sides, etc. They do not skimp on quality. Furnishings look well placed, aesthetically pleasing, modern. Angel was the staff in the evening and very friendly. The bed was more comfy than a "heavenly" bed. Before i left, I saw the manager, Donna, and let her know what a great job her staff was doing and how I was impressed with the quality and cleanliness. Book at the Homewood Suites before the secret gets out!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

So, I was visiting Champaign for a friends wedding. They had rooms blocked at this hotel and at the I-Hotel. I opted for this one because it had continental breakfast and I'm so glad I did...and for more reasons than just the breakfast!

First off, the lobby is nice and clean and the frontdesk staff greeted me the second I walked in the door. My check in was quick and efficient. This might not seem like a big deal, but I've stayed at plenty of hotels where it seems you are the first person to have EVER checked-in because it takes them so long. People checking in at hotels are usually weary travelers who do not want to wait forever to get into their room, so I really appreciated that.

Second, the room was incredibly spacious and very clean (as were all common areas). There is a kitchenette which was nice because we could keep leftovers AND a microwave to reheat! Heaven!
Third, there is a Gumby's pizza next door, 'nuff said

Fourth, and this is the real humdinger, the breakfast was NOT what I consider a continental breakfast. It was a delicious hot meal AND they changed the offering (new selection) the second day of our stay! They had scrambled eggs with chives & cheese with sausage patties on the first day (Sat) and scrambled eggs with bacon on the next. Furthermore, they have all kinds of other treats; boxed cereal, yogurt, oatmeal, cream of wheat, pastries, a large selection of teas (Tazo brand at that), and fresh fruit salad.

Last, I just want to mention a couple of the extras that really sealed the deal for me. They have free wi-fi, neutrogena hygiene products, and you can go down to the front desk and pick a DVD from their selection (not huge, but with recent releases and truly something for everyone) that you can take to your room to view....ALL FREE. Plus, I saw a sign in the elevator that said "Join us in the lobby for complimentary dinner and drinks M-Th". Now it's getting almost comical.

Now I've stayed at some very nice hotels, so it isn't like one of the Clampett's is at the helm right now. I've seen the luxuries and footed the bill and I have to say that I was easily just as comfortable here. Besides, I still find it mind boggling that fancy hotels always charge for internet. What's with that?!?!?

Dear Homewood Suites of Champaign,
Good work.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

We stayed at the Homewood Suites in Champaign last weekend. What a lovely surprise! We attended an outdoor wedding that day and were so relieved to get back to our beautiful, cool hotel room. The decor was lovely, bed clean and comfy and the free breakfast the next morning was very nice. Would highly recommend this hotel and plan on staying here the next time I'm in town, whether for business or pleasure.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
San Jose, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2011

What you get is a living room area, small kitchen - with pot/pan/dishes/utensils, bed area. Mid-range decor. Just shower, not bathtub. Free wifi.

There's a design flaw - whenever the shower door is opened (opens outward), it drips alot of water onto the bathroom floor after you have taken a shower.

Free hot breakfast everyday (not particularly exciting food choices) & FREE DINNER during week-nights (I didn't get a chance to try this).

There's a small gym room & pool on the first floor. There's a tiny convenience "store" next to registration desk where you can buy sundries as well as frozen food. There's also free DVDs you can borrow for the DVD player in your room.

There's a fully stocked computer room across from registration. Two computers - each with a printer. Also a fax/copy machine. All free.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Champaign-Urbana? Share your experiences!