“I was blown away at how awesome the staff is!” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #5 of 23 Hotels in Champaign
Chicago, Illinois
“I was blown away at how awesome the staff is!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

My girlfriend and I found ourselves in Champaign last weekend for the Bloomington Gold show and decided to spend the night at the brand new Hyatt Place. We were both blown away at the personalized guest service and attention to detail. We simply can not believe we stayed there opening week as everything flowed so perfectly, it seemed the staff were in fluid motion with one another for years.
I am a hotel snob, I work in the industry and have for over 16 years. I so wish I had the opportunity to take your staff with me. However then they will not be there for the many more trips we plan to take to Champaign. My girlfriend went to school at U of I and I am in love with corvettes, hence the Bloomington Gold trip.
I apologize for not recalling names as those should be recognized. The woman who checked us in made us feel as if we were in her home (night of June 28). The ladies in the the breakfast area the following morning (June 29) made sure every guest was happy and was genuine in their care for those with kids by bringing crayons and coloring menus for them to play with and enjoy. The hot food was hot and the cold food was cold. The tables and chairs were spotless.
The entire hotel from the parking garage to the stairway to the elevator to the food area to the sidewalk outside was spotless as well.
The room was ideal for our stay and we will certainly bring our children next time as the hotel and area are very kid friendly.
Absolutely WOW!

Room Tip: The views from the 9th floor are amazing!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Champaign-Urbana, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

The restaurant was very disorganized. Staff did not know what they were doing. Waiting 1hr10 minutes for a soup/salad combo, 2 chicken quesadilla. The couple there when we arrive, waiting with 3 small children had been waiting 1hr 30 min before there food came out. I believe they need to close this area of the hotel until they can get an organized staff of cooks and waiters. Our waiter was also in the kitchen, front desk, and after asking if there was anything else - he proceeded to the front desk area and started working with another guest. Where was the ticket?
Oh, no silverware or napkins either for a while. Back to the ticket. There was no ticket because I refused to pay. I was planning on looking around the hotel, check out the pool area and such - but by the time lunch was over I was never coming back! Good Luck but the restaurant was an after thought.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Victor P, General Manager at Hyatt Place Champaign, responded to this review, June 29, 2014
Thank you very much for your comments. There is no excuse for having you wait such extreme lengths of time for food. We as a new hotel learned a lesson that day and we apologize that you were on the negative side of that lesson. Moving forward we have made some necessary changes so that yourself or anyone else does not have to suffer at our expense. Again we do apologize and hope that we can serve you better in the future if you are gracious enough to give us another chance.

Warm regards.

Been to Hyatt Place Champaign? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hyatt Place Champaign

Address: 217 N Neil St, Champaign, Champaign-Urbana, IL 61820
Location: United States > Illinois > Champaign-Urbana > Champaign
Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #5 of 23 Hotels in Champaign
Hotel Class:3 star — Hyatt Place Champaign 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Hyatt Place Champaign reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Hyatt Place Champaign, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.