“football weekend” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 23 Hotels in Champaign
JESSIEVILLE
“football weekend”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

nice plce to stay.. Need new softer pillows. very friendly staff. needs new carpet. air conditioner made noise. Over all I like the hotel and would stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Murray, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

First things first: stayed here friday of labor day weekend, paid $65 for non-smoking queen (typical Microtel room).
We have stayed in several Microtels - this one was equal to the best ones we have stayed at -typical Microtel - no frills, just a room with a simple breakfast. We consider it a bargain.
Better than normal - VERY friendly and courteous personnel - both at checkin and the next morning. Though the building is a little dated, the areas are neatly maintained, and the breakfast was set up and maintained diligently. The motel is away from the highway and was very quiet and nice and dark. Great sleeping and I am a light sleeper.
Yes, its not right NEXT to restaurants, but every chain you can imagine is only a 5 minute drive.
When we rate something 5 stars - that is relative to other choices for the price.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

This is a budget hotel, several exits away from restaurants and about a 15 minute drive from the University of Illinois campus. For one night this was fine. The room was comfortable. The hallways need some updating (a coat of paint and new carpeting would go a long way). However the staff was A++++. They were friendly and helpful. By chance, I road the elevator with a maintenance staff member who was very concerned that my stay was more than satisfactory. Same question was asked by the desk clerk. The staff is well trained and it shows.
Breakfast was basic: bagels, toast, sweet rolls, juice, coffee and a basket of fruit.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Fergus Falls, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

If you've stayed in a Microtel you will most likely get what you expect here. It is a great value for the money. I used a coupon from a hotel coupon book picked up in a rest area. The front desk staff was very good, friendly, efficient, and helpful with dining suggestions. This property is showing some wear but was very clean. "Small" (or maybe "Micro") is the operative word here. Small rooms, small beds, small towels, small bathroom. The bed was pretty uncomfortable with not even a mattress pad. Bath towels were thin and coarse (standard Microtel), but the water pressure in the shower was surprisingly very good. I wouldn't want to have an extended stay in a Microtel but I find they are a great, cheap, and safe option for a occasional quick overnight when passing through.

Room Tip: I always take an upper floor room. In cheaper hotels they're most often the quietest. Rooms on t...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Natalie L, Manager at Microtel Inn by Wyndham Champaign, responded to this review, May 15, 2012
Thank You for choosing the Microtel Inn Champaign to fulfill your rooming needs while in our area. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay.

Please come back and see us again soon! We love guests like you!

Call 217-398-4136 for upcoming rates and availability

Natalie Laroe
Front Office Manager
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

We stopped here overnight on our way elsewhere. The hotel was clean, quiet, and had all we needed. Nothing exceptional, but it was exactly what we needed as a place to sleep and shower. We would stay here again.

Couple good points: More outlets than usual in a motel room, helpful courteous staff.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Thank You Very much for stopping to spend the night with us. When you are back our way, come see us again!

We do have a frequen loyalty program called Wyndham Rewards. Easy ways to earn points for hotel stays!

Call 217-398-4136 to check availability and rates for future reservations.

-Natalie Laroe
Front Office Manager
Champaign
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

I had to stay here for several weeks while waiting to move into a new house. For a stay that long, I wanted a basic hotel that would give me a decent place to sleep without costing a lot. And that's exactly what this place is. The people at the front desk were very helpful the whole time. The bed was nice. The towels were fine. The carpets were clean. The wifi signal is better in some rooms than in others, but they offered to move me to a new room if i wasn't happy with my connection (though it worked okay for me). I think some of the people complaining in other reviews expected too much out of a basic hotel. Also, you can't really complain that the hotel is too far from anything because Champaign is not a big city, so it doesn't take long to get -- well, anywhere. I would happily stay here again if I ever needed to.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
North Little Rock, AR
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

Three days after my stay in January 2012, Microtel Champaign charged $5 to my credit card because they could not find their plastic ice bucket. They did not call to ask me if I had taken it and did not notify me they were charging my account, although they had my phone number. They assumed theft, then stole from me. I did not take their plastic ice bucket. I will never, never, never stay at Microtel Inns & Suites again. I am not a thief.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Natalie L, Manager at Microtel Inn by Wyndham Champaign, responded to this review, March 1, 2012
Dear Madam,

Guestrooms are inspected upon departure by the Housekeeping staff. When an item has been misplaced from the room- the guest resumes responsibility. We did not accuse you of theft we merely needed to replace the missing item in the room for further room rentals to other patrons.

Your account was refunded the $5.00. Sorry this was such an inconveinance. Have a great day.

-Management.

Been to Microtel Inn by Wyndham Champaign? Share your experiences!