“Excellent place to stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Champaign

You added Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Champaign to your Saves list
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Champaign
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   101 Trade Center Drive, Champaign, Champaign-Urbana, IL 61820   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #11 of 23 Hotels in Champaign
Grayslake
“Excellent place to stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Stayed at this hotel because I was attending a conference on site. The place was excellent. I recommend!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

vmadden, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Champaign, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank you for the review and I hope you consider us the next time business or pleasure brings you to Champaign.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
West Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Even though I only stayed for the weekend, I have to say this is one of the better hotels I've stayed at.

Upon arrival, I was promptly greeted and checked in. The staff were very friendly and accommodating. I was surprised that there was a fair amount of parking available, considering the proximity to campus.

The rooms were very clean, and I was surprised to find my suite had a mini kitchenette. I didn't really need a fridge or microwave but it was there!

The bed was comfortable and the sheets were soft. I slept like a rock.

And the best part about my stay was the free HOT breakfast! I knew there was complimentary breakfast, but not many hotels can boast a free hot meal that is actually really good! Eggs and meats, waffles, oatmeal.... that's always a great thing to include for guests.

I would definitely stay there again, even if it's slightly out of my budget. It's worth it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

Thank you for taking the time to write such an enthusiastic review of the hotel. It looks like just about everything went perfectly during your stay and I very glad to see that. There are so many variables that go into providing great service in the hotel industry and reviews like yours demonstrate to me that we getting the most important of those items right. Thank you again for the review and come back whenever you'd like.
Woodstock, Georgia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Clean room, decent complimentary breakfast, check in and check out was hassle-free, the bed was very comfortable, and WiFi was free.

The only cons would be that our bathroom was small and the heater unit was pretty loud but didn't run long and did not keep us up at night.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to post this review. I am glad to read that you found your stay overall to be enjoyable. I see your point regarding the size of the bathrooms but I have personally found that the over size vanity area makes up for it when I'm getting ready in the morning. I realize not everyone may agree with that asessment though. I am glad you enjoyed your stay otherwise and hope to host you again soon.
Moline
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Easy to find, pleasant staff, decent breakfast but.....impossible to get good nights sleep with very loud heater cycling on and off. Aso, room was near entrance/parking lot, vehicle noise very early (shuttle, deliveries, ??). Do not plan to stay here again. Not a good value as none of us slept well.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

I am very sorry that your stay did not measure up to your expectations and understand the impulse not to return. After safety, a good night's sleep is the most important thing to me personally as a traveller. I can't help, however, but ask you to give us a second chance. There were obviously a few different things you quite liked about our facility, and we can address the issues with the noise problems.
PEORIA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

The hotel was holding Winter War, a local gaming convention, and it was great to stay in the same place as the con. The breakfast in the morning was wonderful, and everyone was very polite and responsive. I will make it a point to stay here on any other trips into the area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

I am very gratified by your review of your recent stay. We love the Winter War Con here and everyone on our staff tries exceptionally hard to make sure all of the attendees have a positive experience. I am very glad all that effort paid off for your visit.

Been to Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Champaign? Share your experiences!