“A FAMILY VISIT TO CHAMPAIGN URBANA SCHOOL” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Champaign

You added Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Champaign to your Saves list
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Champaign
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   101 Trade Center Drive, Champaign, Champaign-Urbana, IL 61820   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #11 of 23 Hotels in Champaign
PARK RIDGE
“A FAMILY VISIT TO CHAMPAIGN URBANA SCHOOL”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Our Family had an awesome time at your hotel. Your staff was great, from booking the room on through checkout! The breakfast was very delicious!!! We loved all the variety ! The swinmming pool was a delight. We will deffinately stay at your hotel again. Thanks Very Much!!!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

vmadden, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Champaign, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Thank you for the excellent review. I am glad you'd return in the future, happy you had such a positive experience with our staff, and delighted you enjoyed your stay!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
NEENAH
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Staff is not happy and that trickles down from management. House keeping personel are not friendly, manager appears confused and front desk act as if they would rather be someplace else.
I spent three days at the hotel and they keep their transfer vehicle parked in front where there is a tiny space for two vehicles to fit for customers to load and unload. This causes customers to block traffic in a congested area to unload their vehicles. Parking in general is a real problem for this hotel.

Hallways are stuffy and are not fresh or relaxing. Lobby is not attractive and the revolving door was broken with yellow tape stuck to the doors. Not even the insight to do something tasteful in an unfortunate situation. I had a lot of equipment to load and unload from my vehicle due to the unsafe feeling of leaving anything in the vehicle because it needed to be parked across the street in a lot due to the minimal parking available at the hotel. Staff was not helpful in solving problems when I asked polite questions on the best way to load my equipment when the window company was blocking the front entrance way with their vehicles at the time of my check out.

Better hotels to stay at ... not my best experience ... could be a one time misunderstanding... NO ... management is not caring enough to over see and have a place where employees like coming to because it's a grand experience.. they work there because they need a job.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

A nice hotel very close to Memorial Stadium. The hotel is within walking distance to all athletic facilities. The bathrooms are dated with little room. The beds were very comfy!!! The living space was large. Good place for a family. Close to resturants, grocery stores, gas, and U of I campus. We have stayed at this hotel a number of times and will go back again. The hotel fills up quick for U of I activities.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

Thank you for the response. I apologize if the bathrooms feel dated, we have been updating them, the tub surrounds are less than 18 months old and the wallpaper was redone this time last year, but I understand if you still feel they felt out of date over all. I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay overall.
PALATINE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Very good experience. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.Convenient and a great breakfast. The price is a bit of an issue.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

While making a reservation I asked if it were possible to switch to a less expensive room if one became available. Staff member said this would be fine. At check-in I asked if there was a less expensive room available. The staff member said no. Another staff member told the girl I was dealing with to offer me a specific room which was cheaper. I took that room. The next morning I asked to NOT have my room cleaned. The staff member reported it at the front desk. When I returned to my hotel later that evening, my hotel room had been somewhat straightened and cleaned. It wasn't until the next morning while in the shower I realized that the staff member who "cleaned" my room had removed ALL soap from my room and not replaced it. I called the GM to inform her of the inconvenience of not having soap while in the shower. She has yet to return my call.
Overall everything was average. I felt it was kind of pricey for what I got. I felt the staff was not helpful.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

SUGAR GROVE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Was pleased that I was allowed out of my reservation when my first grandchild came early. I fully expected to have to pay for a night that I wouldn't actually be staying.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Everything was very good. Service and location were great. Would not change anything. The front door staff were very helpful.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

Been to Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Champaign? Share your experiences!