“Amazing! Justin was awesome!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Candlewood Suites

You added Candlewood Suites to your Saves list
Candlewood Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1917 Moreland Boulevard, Champaign, Champaign-Urbana, IL 61822   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #10 of 23 Hotels in Champaign
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“Amazing! Justin was awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Best nights sleep I have ever had in a hotel! I would definitely stay again. Everything was clean and organized. The staff was courteous and friendly. The location was perfect for my needs. I had an amazing experience.

• Stayed February 2013
lrittenhouse, General Manager at Candlewood Suites, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Greetings from your Friends at the Candlewood Suites!

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review of our hotel. So many people trust Trip Advisor reviews to guide them towards a memorable experience, and your wonderful comments will be read by many. We do our best to provide clean and quiet accommodations, so we are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay. I also appreciate you recognizing Justin's efforts. It's always great to hear one of the team members really make a difference in someone's stay. We are glad you chose to stay with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Laura and Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Champaign, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Stayed for a couple months actually. The staff was really pleasant. The hotel is really comfortable and clean. Had no complaints. Really quiet for studying. Will come back or visit other Candlewood suites whenever I travel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
lrittenhouse, General Manager at Candlewood Suites, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Greetings From Your Friends at the Candlewood Suites!

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and are thrilled that you had such a great extended stay with us! It was a pleasure having you and good luck in your studies!

Yours in Hospitality,

Effingham, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Business travelers check this extended stay out and check in! Clean, quiet, comfy, large, and well decorated room with a fully equipped galley kitchen. Laurie, mgr and her team are so accomodating and very attentive. Linens and towels are top rate. Location is excellent and I felt very safe (female traveling alone). Close to shopping and restaurants. So glad I found this wonderful place to stay. Great for all travelers but especially for business travelers who want to get some work done):

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
lrittenhouse, General Manager at Candlewood Suites, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Greetings from your friends at the Candlewood Suites!

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. We greatly appreciate Guest feedback and are glad we were able to make your stay so enjoyable. We make every effort to provide business travelers with the quiet accommodations and privacy that may allow them to be more productive. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Laura and Team!
Savoy, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

I needed a place to stay for 6 weeks while transitioning from one home to another. It proved to be more cost effective for me to put my personal belongings in storage and live at the Candlewood rather than trying to set up a living space for such a short time. Each and every staff member I met was so friendly and helpful. The weekly manager's reception on Wednesday evenings was nice and gave a break from cooking one evening a week. The small kitchen set up in the room allowed for us to save alot of money on eating out. Myself, son and small dog all stayed in this one room for 6 weeks and we survived the experience thanks to the Candlewood. It was very convenient being able to do laundry free-of-charge on-site as well. This truly became our "home away from home" and I was even a bit sad when I left. Would totally recommend this place to anyone needing an extended stay facility.

Room Tip: If you have pets, choose a room close to an end of the building since you will be going in and out f...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
lrittenhouse, General Manager at Candlewood Suites, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Greetings from your Friends at the Candlewood Suites!

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent extended stay with us. We greatly appreciate you sharing your experience on Tripadvisor. I'm glad we were able to help you feel at home while you were relocating to a new one and the team here was sad to see you go as well! We hope you are doing well and that you think of us if you ever have any lodging needs in the future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I stayed here for 3 months!! That's how comfortable I felt. Great for PASS program students, very close to the center! Great service, the ladies at the front disk are incredibly helpful and friendly. The snack cupboard is a little pricey but convenient all the same. The cleaners did a good job every once a week. It's easy to feel at home in just a couple of days. Definitely recommend this place!

• Stayed October 2012
Greetings from your Friends at the Candlewood Suites!

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review for your recent extended stay with us. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay and would reccomend us! As a PASS Program student, we know how important it is for you to have a home away from home while you're here so you can concentrate on your studies. Our team was happy to make your stay great and was sad to see you go! Good luck to you in your future endeavors!

San Francisco
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I stayed here for a couple weeks while I had business at the University of Illinois. The manager and the staff were friendly and the rooms were quite clean. The location is decent with the mall close by and some restaurants, and it's a short walk to nearby bus stops that will take you to pretty much everywhere within Champaign/Urbana. The immediate vicinity is a little dead with just other long term stay hotels and what appear to be apartments and such, but I didn't really mind that.

I did call to have my weekly housekeeping visit moved from Saturday to Monday, and when I got back in the evening on Monday saw that they had not come by. I called the Front Desk, and they sent someone up immediately so that was an acceptable resolution as far as I'm concerned. The place is also reasonably priced and cheaper than places closer to the university, and with the bus nearby, even without a car it's easy to get there.

They also had a weekly "BBQ" where they put out some food out by the front desk. I used it once and had a little bit to eat. It wasn't super awesome food or anything, but I felt like that was a nice touch to make the place feel welcoming. They have the typical Candlewood suites offerings of movies to check out, the pantry, washers/dryers and a small but usable gym.

I was very happy with my stay here!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
lrittenhouse, General Manager at Candlewood Suites, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Greetings from your friends at the Candlewood Suites Champaign!

Thank you for taking the time to provide such a detailed review! We greatly appreciate any and all feedback, as it is a great tool for improvement. I apologize you weren't able to come back to a clean room on that Monday but I am glad we were able to take care of the situation quickly for you. We continue to work on our communication as a team and hopefully we can prevent that from ever happening again.

I'm glad the rest of your stay was enjoyable!

ORLANDO, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

Third floor, last room at the end of the hall. Best three nights sleep I've had in years! The room was large with a very well equipped kitchen. It's not 5 star or high dollar, but it's a good value for everything you need including a great night's sleep.

They have large well equipped gym, that is very clean. The entire property is clean and well cared for. The staff is very professional and attentive to guest needs.

I left my Fanny pack in a drawer and the front desk called my cellphone before I left the area to advise me. Thank you Ashley!! I had 2 key fobs that would have cost hundreds of dollars to replace, not to mention I'd have been stranded at the airport when I returned home...

Hotel is close to nail salons, mall, Kohl's and many great restaurants.

Great hotel, but don't bother shopping in this area...8.75% sales tax

Room Tip: Pick a high floor, away from the elevator.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
lrittenhouse, General Manager at Candlewood Suites, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Greetings from your friends at the Candlewood Suites Champaign!

Thank you for your review and traveller tips! We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we did. We strive to provide a clean and quiet hotel for our Guests and we are so glad you were able to sleep well and enjoyed your stay. Hopefully we will see you again the next time you are in the area!

Laura and Team!

Been to Candlewood Suites? Share your experiences!